Braylon Edwards, another overrated clown

Barton

Has anyone else noticed the run game open up since Braylon showed up? Braylon will drop passes, he does that, but the guy has been solid thus far, not great, but if Sanchez had seen him wide the **** open 3 times in the Jags game, we'd all be talking about our little slump and how we're back on the playoff path.

If Sanchez improves next season, we have one of the best 1,2 WRs in the league.

+1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So... who's teaching him to run better routes?

Henry Ellard is one of the better WR coaches out there these days. Who know's, maybe BE developed some bad habits in Clev. seeing that its probably really easy to do so. If there are things that noticeably need to be fixed, Henry can help.

Woody Johnson seems willing to spend ridiculous money to bring players in here, no matter how many fans curiously referred to him as some type of tightwad cheapskate.

:P I said he was a cheapskate on the front office and coaching front. Keeping Schottenheimer and Sutton and foisting them on Rex so he didn't have to pay their contracts convinced me of this. When he goes out and brings in a big-ticket coach and/or GM, then I'll believe that Woody is a spender. Until then, he's just a guy who's not afraid to sign checks to a limit totalling the NFL salary cap.

Thanks for the insight on the contract negotiations. It'll be interesting to watch.

when has Carter EVER said one good word about the Jets or any Jets player? Oh yea, never.

I think Carter is a self-serving jerk. What I find ironic that is that the thing Braylon does best is go up in a crowd and come down with a ball that you hope your QB would have had the good sense not to throw in the first place.

when has Carter EVER said one good word about the Jets or any Jets player? Oh yea, never.

I think Carter is a self-serving jerk. What I find ironic that is that the thing Braylon does best is go up in a crowd and come down with a ball that you hope your QB would have had the good sense not to throw in the first place.

He's not a good WR. He's a ridiculous talent who has always been ridiculously inconsistent.

So many balls that are thrown his way are picked, and I'm not just talking about with Sanchez.

and the question then becomes; Who besides Cotchery is better? Case closed...team him up with Cotchery and Keller for the next 5 years and let's see what we got with Sanchez throwing him the ball. Manning had worked with Harrison, Wayne, and Clark a long time and that paid off.

What we REALLY need for this offense is well, a new offense. I wonder if Mike Martz would want to come here.

He's not a good WR. He's a ridiculous talent who has always been ridiculously inconsistent.

So many balls that are thrown his way are picked, and I'm not just talking about with Sanchez.

and the question then becomes; Who besides Cotchery is better? Case closed...team him up with Cotchery and Keller for the next 5 years and let's see what we got with Sanchez throwing him the ball. Manning had worked with Harrison, Wayne, and Clark a long time and that paid off.

What we REALLY need for this offense is well, a new offense. I wonder if Mike Martz would want to come here.

Has anyone else noticed the run game open up since Braylon showed up? Braylon will drop passes, he does that, but the guy has been solid thus far, not great, but if Sanchez had seen him wide the **** open 3 times in the Jags game, we'd all be talking about our little slump and how we're back on the playoff path.

I agree. Anyone who wants to cut this guy already has the same mentality that is part of the problem. Everything has to be right now. Give these guys time to get to know eachother. When was the last time we saw catches like the one's he had for us either?

Jeeesh. all doom no hope

We haven't had a big WR since KJ was traded and now after a couple games with a rookie QB and HC andan OC who is moronic and we're wanting to cut Edwards??? Crazy man

I agree. Anyone who wants to cut this guy already has the same mentality that is part of the problem. Everything has to be right now. Give these guys time to get to know eachother. When was the last time we saw catches like the one's he had for us either?

Jeeesh. all doom no hope

We haven't had a big WR since KJ was traded and now after a couple games with a rookie QB and HC andan OC who is moronic and we're wanting to cut Edwards??? Crazy man

He hasn't shown that he is worth big money, it'd be a mistake to sign this guy to a contract paying him in the top 10 WRs right now. Honestly, even top 20 money is a huge stretch for this guy. What has he shown exactly to anyone to make people think he's a good investment?

This is how the Jets got into salary cap hell earlier in the decade, overpaying guys based on potential that they never live up to. You can get away with that in baseball because there is no salary cap and all contracts are guaranteed, but in the NFL there is a cap and you have to cut players that don't perform well. But if you give them way too much money, you can't pay anyone else and you won't really be able to cut them either, and then you have to use third stringers for most of the team, third stringers that you can't afford to pay for if they actually catch on.

BE should either be franchised or given a mediocre offer, because at best that is the type of player he is right now. Not someone you lock up long term. The Browns are the worst team in football and they traded him away, how can this guy possibly be worth what he is looking for? I can't see any team in the NFL seriously pursuing him to where they'll give him top money, and the Jets shouldn't outbid.

He hasn't shown that he is worth big money, it'd be a mistake to sign this guy to a contract paying him in the top 10 WRs right now. Honestly, even top 20 money is a huge stretch for this guy. What has he shown exactly to anyone to make people think he's a good investment?

This is how the Jets got into salary cap hell earlier in the decade, overpaying guys based on potential that they never live up to. You can get away with that in baseball because there is no salary cap and all contracts are guaranteed, but in the NFL there is a cap and you have to cut players that don't perform well. But if you give them way too much money, you can't pay anyone else and you won't really be able to cut them either, and then you have to use third stringers for most of the team, third stringers that you can't afford to pay for if they actually catch on.

BE should either be franchised or given a mediocre offer, because at best that is the type of player he is right now. Not someone you lock up long term. The Browns are the worst team in football and they traded him away, how can this guy possibly be worth what he is looking for? I can't see any team in the NFL seriously pursuing him to where they'll give him top money, and the Jets shouldn't outbid.

We agree in theory, but not some of the specifics. First of all, Tanny is a contracts/cap guy and probably won't go too overboard for Edwards. Second, there is no need to franchise him. He's a RFA. They just have to tender him. If they franchise him he will be getting top money for the one season anyway. Finally, who knows if there will be cap? You can overpay guys for the season if there isn't cap, you just can't get too long term about it. No matter what people think about Tanny's player evaluation he's been pretty much on the money on the contract end.

We agree in theory, but not some of the specifics. First of all, Tanny is a contracts/cap guy and probably won't go too overboard for Edwards. Second, there is no need to franchise him. He's a RFA. They just have to tender him. If they franchise him he will be getting top money for the one season anyway. Finally, who knows if there will be cap? You can overpay guys for the season if there isn't cap, you just can't get too long term about it. No matter what people think about Tanny's player evaluation he's been pretty much on the money on the contract end.

edwards will most likely either be franchised (if there is a cap) or tendered at the highest level (no cap). this way we either keep him or get high draft picks for him. i doubt we sign him for a big long term contract.

edwards will most likely either be franchised (if there is a cap) or tendered at the highest level (no cap). this way we either keep him or get high draft picks for him. i doubt we sign him for a big long term contract.

We need to keep this guy at the very least until we get someone else that can stretch the field the way he can.

Agreed. You dont get a rid of someone just to get rid of him. If you have an equal or better option, then you can make the move, but at this time without BE, our WR core would be one of the worst in the league.

We need to keep this guy at the very least until we get someone else that can stretch the field the way he can.

Agreed. You dont get a rid of someone just to get rid of him. If you have an equal or better option, then you can make the move, but at this time without BE, our WR core would be one of the worst in the league.

seriously...i think people who just wanna get rid of him are just irrational, jaded, or crazy.

seriously...i think people who just wanna get rid of him are just irrational, jaded, or crazy.

I don't think Tannebaum is stupid. OTOH, Braylon may be young, but he complained about his contract in Cleveland and he hasn't signed a new deal.

But since he's an RFA, dont we have to deal with his contract anyway? Its a bit different IMO, he's not a tenured guy that is complaining, his contract is up and he's new blood to the team. This is something we would inevitabely have to deal with and we knew it prior to the trade.

the pete kendall thing was huge mistake....just another reason why mangini was an idiot.

Yep that one backfired, his loss made our OL terrible, and the same thing would happen to this WR core without BE. And once again, giving Mark Sanchez no options hindering his development in the NFL.

Archived