The New York Jets = 1 GB for Wildcard

penguini 15

Don't think about how we need to win out to make the playoffs. Think of it this way...we are only one game out of a wildcard spot. Who knows what the wildcard race is going to look like after week 14? We SHOULD be 7-6, if we don't blow it. All I'm saying is we are still in the hunt and we should not give up on this team just yet. Thursday can't come soon enough...

Don't think about how we need to win out to make the playoffs. Think of it this way...we are only one game out of a wildcard spot. Who knows what the wildcard race is going to look like after week 14? We SHOULD be 7-6, if we don't blow it. All I'm saying is we are still in the hunt and we should not give up on this team just yet. Thursday can't come soon enough...

Ok I'm convinced.

there are many teams that hold tie breakers against us so we are really more than 1 game back.

Its really only the Jaguars out of the division that would be the killer for us. We'll have to finish ahead of them outright so that is basically 2 games behind. If the Jets ended up tying with the Steelers or Ravens they would likely beat them on tiebreakers if we are talking 10-6. its trickier if its 9-7. Still its nuts to even think about the playoffs. We are so inconsistent that the odds are stacked way against us of being 9-7 let alone 10-6.

are we going to be able to see the game on Thursday Night even though it's on NFL Network?

I think within a certain range, yes, I remember when we played on thursday last year I think it was and it was on channel 11 (WB/WPIX whatever the hell it is)

If that doesn't work for you, try a bar, restaurant or you can watch online at nfl.com/live.

there are many teams that hold tie breakers against us so we are really more than 1 game back.

Who? What tie breaker, head to head?

Jax, Miami got that on us.

We got the tie breaker on Houston and Tennessee.

Otherwise if a few teams end up being 10-6 then we don't know what the tiebreakers will look like. We just need to hope we're not in a fight with Miami or Jax.

Who? What tie breaker, head to head?

Jax, Miami got that on us.

We got the tie breaker on Houston and Tennessee.

Otherwise if a few teams end up being 10-6 then we don't know what the tiebreakers will look like. We just need to hope we're not in a fight with Miami or Jax.

yup and jax has a remaining schedule where they should lose 2 more games to get to 9-7. and miami we would need them to just lose 1 game and I don't think they win out so the 2 teams we need to avoid are in position to be out of it.

I wouldn't go crazy and start thinking about the wild card.

That game yesterday was basically a cripple fight between two teams, one with a young QB who throws alot of picks and one with an old QB who throws alot of picks.

Carolina is a bad football team with a desperate need for a number 2 WR. Once you put Revis on Smith, Jake was pretty much screwed.

It was a nice win against a team that is rapidly heading downhill who's coach most likely will not be around next year.

And I am quite sure Woodyis looking for any excuse to send out the bill for our Playoff tickets as soon as he can.

How delusional can everyone be?

Playoffs? Come on. We're going to beat the Colts and the Bengals?

L O L

It's not being delusional to recognize the mathematical possibilities of the playoffs.

I don't think the Jets will win out. But if people think so, so what?

Why don't you tell people there's no Santa while you're at it?

GOB = Grinch Ol' Bastard

I think it's very possible that we win out, although we need to hope Indy aren't playing for 16-0, that way they'll probably rest the starters. That's always been the philosophy with the Colts.

The Bengals are good but far from unbeatable, we're certainly talented enough to play with them. Same goes for the Falcons.

The games that worry me are probably the ones that we'd expect to win. I doubt we have the consistency to do it, especially the way Sanchez is playing but we've played all but one game very close this season, we're not that bad.

I swear with all the negativity on this board you'd think we're the ****ing Browns or something. We have a rookie HC, a rookie QB and are a few plays away from being right up there in the AFC. It's sad but we really should be comfortably on our way to a playoff spot right now. We've just made some serious **** ups in the worst moments.

To sum up, I think we're capable of winning out, I just don't think we will.

I'm also not convinced 10-6 gets us a WC. There are still a number of teams ahead of us who could also win out.

Archived