I'm a little upset (lemme explain...)

Jets1Fan

with regards to the fact that the Jets as an organization have decided to allow Lito Sheppard to sit on the bench on account of financial stipulations, namely the bonus due Lito relying on a % of playing time. This guy is exactly the defensive back that Rex Ryan's defense needs to employ. Now, I understand the various arguments against the fact that I'm upset. Lito being injured for one, but to be honest, I think he's been way healthier than we have been lead to believe. I'm not actually at the games, but I think I pay pretty close attention to the games, when I'm not drinking my soul away on account of their lack of performance, but it seems to me that he's been dressed, warmed up well when questionable and ready to go, but the Jets haven't let him play.

I realize that there's got to be money available in these difficult times and with this high payroll, but I think that Lito must stay healthy and must be a part of this defense for years. I think we can find money elsewhere on the roster this upcoming year and I'd really like to see the Jets keep him (I guess somewhat ignorant of a question but what is his status after this year, minus options and such)

I think we could still use Joe Haden, Carlos Dunlap, or Terrence Cody

&

Obviously Leon needs to be signed at an agreeable price.

with regards to the fact that the Jets as an organization have decided to allow Lito Sheppard to sit on the bench on account of financial stipulations, namely the bonus due Lito relying on a % of playing time. This guy is exactly the defensive back that Rex Ryan's defense needs to employ. Now, I understand the various arguments against the fact that I'm upset. Lito being injured for one, but to be honest, I think he's been way healthier than we have been lead to believe. I'm not actually at the games, but I think I pay pretty close attention to the games, when I'm not drinking my soul away on account of their lack of performance, but it seems to me that he's been dressed, warmed up well when questionable and ready to go, but the Jets haven't let him play.

I realize that there's got to be money available in these difficult times and with this high payroll, but I think that Lito must stay healthy and must be a part of this defense for years. I think we can find money elsewhere on the roster this upcoming year and I'd really like to see the Jets keep him (I guess somewhat ignorant of a question but what is his status after this year, minus options and such)

&

Lido shuffle has stunk, gave up 2 crucail TDs and is always hurt

&

Ummm, Lito's been playing. In fact, he had three tackles and a pass defensed yesterday.

There's no way to prove it, and I'm not buying it.

Players know, so coaches know. Players make sure coaches know.

There was a big stink in Philly several years ago, when Donovan Mcnabb (and someone else) sat out the final game (they had clinched) and that did not trigger some play time bonuses.

The coaches and players all knew about it.

There have been other examples throughout the league

I too saw Lito playing yesterday?

No no, I mean as of this point, I know he's playing, but I think he needs to be an every down CB (#2). Don't compare him to Revis, but he is a good quick and ball hawking CB who does get exposed on slants, but I really think the drop-off from Lito to Lowery is very very far. Strickland is a very serviceable Dime CB, as Lowery is a good Dime CB. Ihedigbo got some playing time yesterday, but I think we need DL depth and CB depth, and also some MLB depth because Rex Fowler and/or Larry Izzo don't cut it, I don't care if Izzo has been helpful on special teams, he's inconsistent as all hell.

Anyway, basically my opinion....

PLAY LITO EVERY DOWN!

No no, I mean as of this point, I know he's playing, but I think he needs to be an every down CB (#2). Don't compare him to Revis, but he is a good quick and ball hawking CB who does get exposed on slants, but I really think the drop-off from Lito to Lowery is very very far. Strickland is a very serviceable Dime CB, as Lowery is a good Dime CB. Ihedigbo got some playing time yesterday, but I think we need DL depth and CB depth, and also some MLB depth because Rex Fowler and/or Larry Izzo don't cut it, I don't care if Izzo has been helpful on special teams, he's inconsistent as all hell.

Anyway, basically my opinion....

PLAY LITO EVERY DOWN!

The only way Lito can stay with many WR's is to clutch and grab. That is his game, now.

He was a dud of a trade, and I was a fan of this trade when it happened.

Archived