Chris Johnson

Sperm Edwards

Still well over 6 ypc with over 200 carries.

I tried looking it up and unless I skipped over someone, I think so far he's the all-time leader (if the season ended today) for players with over 200 carries, barely edging out Jim Brown's 1963 season:

#1) Chris Johnson (2009 Titans): 217 carries, 1396 yards (6.43 ypc)

#2) Jim Brown (1963 Browns): 291 carries, 1863 yards (6.40 ypc)

#3) Barry Sanders (1997 Lions): 335 carries, 2053 yards (6.13 ypc)

#4) OJ Simpson (1973 Bills): 332 carries, 2003 yards (5.98 ypc)

#5) Jim Brown (1958 Browns): 257 carries, 1527 yards (5.94 ypc)

It's hard to even put this into perspective. I'd say Thomas Jones is generally having a pretty solid season this year. Now imagine every time Jones took a handoff this year went for an additional 2.0 yards - every single time. That's Chris Johnson's 2009 season.

Un-freakin-real.

Technically, before them there was also Spec Sanders who had 1432 yards on 231 carries (6.20 ypc) but that was for the NYY of the AAFC, 3 years before they merged with the NFL. He was a 3-way player who picked off a few passes at safety that year and was also the team's kick returner. Imagine taking every carry, then after scoring a rushing TD staying on the field and playing safety, then if the other team got a TD or FG staying out there to return the kickoff, then staying out there and taking every carry at tailback again. Now repeat that for the whole football game. Lawd have mercy!

Sanders in 97 was one of the sickest season I've seen for a RB. CJ has a good chance to add to that total with the final teams that he'll be playing.

Yep. Now try to put that into perspective - Brown is averaging 0.3 ypc more than Sanders finished with that year, and Sanders needed to go 23-184 in the last week of the season against us to get over 6.0 ypc.

And he was friggin' ridiculous that whole year but really turned it on those last 5 games like no one I've ever seen. After 11 games (apples to apples) he was averaging 5.50.

We'll see what Johnson does over his own last 5 games, but no one could fault him for falling off his current pace of pure insanity.

Against the Jets

22 Att

97 Yards

0 TD's

F-him

Seriously? Who gives a flying *****?

Yeah, that's great...the Jets held him to 97 yards...who cares? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Johnson is simply unconscious right now and easily, one of the top 3 RBs in the entire league, if not the top. All of that behind a team that dropped 6 straight, only to come back and win 5 straight.

Whoopty freaking doo...the Jets beat them earlier in the season.....look how far the Jets managed to get since then.

Another shining example of how as Jets fans, we're so accustom to losing, that we feel the need to run our mouths when we hold a good RB under 100. Just like last year...listening to people brag how we "whooped" a SB bound team in the Cards. It means nothing.

I have the motto for the 2010 NY Jets:

NY Jets Football: Constantly setting low standards and consistently failing to achieve them.

NY Jets Football: Constantly setting low standards and consistently failing to achieve them.

NY Jets Football: Tanked the '09 season in efforts to solidify QB play for the next 10 years.

Archived