Bowl Games!

Jets Babe

UCF has been extended an invitation to the St. Petersburg Bowl and will face either USF or Rutgers on Dec. 19.

****ty bowl, but I'm excited because either will be a great game. UCF-USF rivalry game, or UCF-Rutgers (both of my teams), battle of the Knights! If we play Rutgers, then family is coming down (Rutgers alumni).

Are any of your teams going to bowls?

Jeez, this game should have about 16 people watching on TV.

It's on prime time too. They we're making a big deal about that.

It also might be the only Bowl without a title sponsor. But I guess that will happen when the whole office takes 2-3 days off a week and doesn't tell the interns to not waste their time driving in.

UCF will crush Rutgers...wait and see. They have (statistically) a better team, have the same record, and played a harder schedule.
I wouldn't be shocked if they lost. After all, they did struggle vs FIU, but crush? Tell you what, if the Black Knights have the lead at halftime I'll buy you a drink. 21 I hope?

Wait, a harder sched? We got smoked early by the #3 team, and lost by a TD, and then a FG vs 2 ranked(at the time) teams.

I wouldn't be shocked if they lost. After all, they did struggle vs FIU, but crush? Tell you what, if the Black Knights have the lead at halftime I'll buy you a drink. 21 I hope?

Wait, a harder sched? We got smoked early by the #3 team, and lost by a TD, and then a FG vs 2 ranked(at the time) teams.

And we lost to Miami, Texas, and ECU (who at the time I believe was ranked). We beat #15 Houston.

And the Black Knights are the Army. UCF used to be the Golden Knights, but now they are just called the Knights. ;)

The Big East doesn't like to send the same team to the same bowl twice...and USF played in the bowl last year.
Pretty much why we get to play a lower Bowl game than UCONN or USF(who we crushed) in the middle of finals. Oh well, beats the vacation in Birmingham or Toronto as far as I'm concerned. Meinecke would've been great if we coulda squeeked by WVU.

Pretty much why we get to play a lower Bowl game than UCONN or USF(who we crushed) in the middle of finals. Oh well, beats the vacation in Birmingham or Toronto as far as I'm concerned. Meinecke would've been great if we coulda squeeked by WVU.

The Bowl system sucks, but mid-major schools need to take what they can get. A bowl is a bowl..

The Bowl system sucks, but mid-major schools need to take what they can get. A bowl is a bowl..
We are what we are, but still moving in the right direction. The BE splits up the bowl revenue anyway, but it would be nice to play an SEC team. I should ses a sea of gold n black when I get to the Trop. RU won't travel well since it's during finals. Good luck with ur program. You still attend there?

UCF will crush Rutgers...wait and see. They have (statistically) a better team, have the same record, and played a harder schedule.

No offense to Central Florida but the point I was making Rutgers I am sure would have liked to play a team from ACC for example North Carolina with higher recognition. Should be a good game -your guys will have home territory advantage

We are what we are, but still moving in the right direction. The BE splits up the bowl revenue anyway, but it would be nice to play an SEC team. I should ses a sea of gold n black when I get to the Trop. RU won't travel well since it's during finals. Good luck with ur program. You still attend there?

Yup. :) We should travel pretty well. When we played in Miami last year, there were more UCF fans there than UM fans. lol

Yup. :) We should travel pretty well. When we played in Miami last year, there were more UCF fans there than UM fans. lol
Travel? Aren't you like, down the block and across the street? Yeah, I've been to a UM game and had the run of the Orange Bowl. Amazing they remain competitive with that kind of support.

Travel? Aren't you like, down the block and across the street? Yeah, I've been to a UM game and had the run of the Orange Bowl. Amazing they remain competitive with that kind of support.

Florida is a huge state. To travel from one end to the the other takes about 6 hours. It takes about 4 hours to get from UCF to Miami. UCF is about 1 hr 45 mins from the bowl game.

Florida is a huge state. To travel from one end to the the other takes about 6 hours. It takes about 4 hours to get from UCF to Miami. UCF is about 1 hr 45 mins from the bowl game.

You think you'll have more fans there then USF did last year. It was weak.

• 2 weeks later...
And we lost to Miami, Texas, and ECU (who at the time I believe was ranked). We beat #15 Houston.

And the Black Knights are the Army. UCF used to be the Golden Knights, but now they are just called the Knights. ;)

My Pirates are headed to Memphis on the 2nd for the Liberty Bowl--but unfortunately no, we weren't ranked. Our highest ranking is our fringe spot right now (depending on your poll, somewhere between 26 and 28). Thanks to you guys, btw--for beating Houston. If not for that game, I wouldn't have been able to experience the C-USA championship game, which was absolutely awesome.

Going to spend New Years through the night of the 2nd down in Memphis, and looking forward to it. Hopefully this year we can play a full game, and not come out flat at halftime like last year. We're not nearly the underdogs the experts make us out to be, in my opinion, but it's going to be a tough game. Still a ways out, but game time temps right now are expected to be in the low 30's, and they've waivered on and off whether or not there would be snow. Hopefully that could slow down Ryan Mallett and that offense.

• 2 weeks later...
My Pirates are headed to Memphis on the 2nd for the Liberty Bowl--but unfortunately no, we weren't ranked. Our highest ranking is our fringe spot right now (depending on your poll, somewhere between 26 and 28). Thanks to you guys, btw--for beating Houston. If not for that game, I wouldn't have been able to experience the C-USA championship game, which was absolutely awesome.

Going to spend New Years through the night of the 2nd down in Memphis, and looking forward to it. Hopefully this year we can play a full game, and not come out flat at halftime like last year. We're not nearly the underdogs the experts make us out to be, in my opinion, but it's going to be a tough game. Still a ways out, but game time temps right now are expected to be in the low 30's, and they've waivered on and off whether or not there would be snow. Hopefully that could slow down Ryan Mallett and that offense.

Tough loss. I was pulling for you guys, gotta root for C-USA.

Tough loss. I was pulling for you guys, gotta root for C-USA.

No joke. Memphis was still a blast, but that one hurts. Reminded me of the Pittsburgh/Jets game at Hines field, with Hartman taking Briens place. Now that I've gotten over my anger--I feel horrible for the kid.

Anyways--good luck to you guy next year, I believe we head down to UCF next season.

Archived