A Disgrace To The Game

SoFlaJets

So just when you thought you've seen everything this game can hand you Bill Belichick reaches lower than low last night and QUITS with almost 10% of the game left to play. That wouldn't be so bad if just the week before he leaves all his starters in there and actually has his QB try and score a TD on a bomb with 30 seconds left-with a big lead. He is a classless scumbag.

Um....did you watch the same game I did? Brady was getting killed out there and the defense was stopping no one. You think there was a chance in hell they would have scored 21 points in several minutes? This is reality - not Jets world.

Um....did you watch the same game I did? Brady was getting killed out there and the defense was stopping no one. You think there was a chance in hell they would have scored 21 points in several minutes? This is reality - not Jets world.

Garb, there's really no defense for quitting when you are getting blown out when you're a team that routinely attempts to run up the score.

It's par for the course for the arrogant scumbag BB and his arrogant scumbag QB.

I didn't see him getting "killed out there" I saw a team that still had a chance to score points and a coach who quit. OK, defend his actions last week in keeping all his starters in there and throwing a bomb with 30 seconds left.

if he has the nerve to leave brady in up 45-0 in the third quarter and still in shotgun throwing td passes...he should have the nerve to keep him in there when they are losing and try to win it. he's a sore loser.....he'll risk his qb to run up the score like a scumbag but not to try to mount a difficult come back? typical scumbag belichick. i'm surprised he didn't throw the red flag out there like he did in that one game like a baby. i mean seriously....at least jets fans will admit when their coach makes a stupid move or their team sucked.

I didn't see him getting "killed out there" I saw a team that still had a chance to score points and a coach who quit. OK, defend his actions last week in keeping all his starters in there and throwing a bomb with 30 seconds left.

Mumbles has lost his luster

he did congrat brees the better QB for that i give him props

Garb, there's really no defense for quitting when you are getting blown out when you're a team that routinely attempts to run up the score.

It's par for the course for the arrogant scumbag BB and his arrogant scumbag QB.

did you see the pass protection? was bb supposed to get brady mauled? and how does bb's decision to play hoyer make brady an arrogant scumbag?

did you see the pass protection? was bb supposed to get brady mauled? and how does bb's decision to play hoyer make brady an arrogant scumbag?

by the simple fact of comparing what he had Brady do against us up by 17 points and what he did last night. It's quite simple really. This thread wasn't put up to tweak any Pats fans noses it's to state the fact that Bill Belichick has time and again PROVEN himself to be a disgrace to the great game of American football.

Who cares Sofla? I loved seeing them quit. Shows me they aren't much this year. Definitely not a super bowl team, and a waste of a playoff team at that. I'm tired of seeing them in teh playoffs every year and especially this year when they won't do anything. I hope they lose the rest of their games and don't even make it.

Who cares Sofla? I loved seeing them quit. Shows me they aren't much this year. Definitely not a super bowl team, and a waste of a playoff team at that. I'm tired of seeing them in teh playoffs every year and especially this year when they won't do anything. I hope they lose the rest of their games and don't even make it.

no not me Drums, I HATE seeing teams cheat, I HATE seeing sore loser coaches leave the field and not shaking hands with the winning coach, I HATE seeing a team that is perfectly fine with running up the score when they're winning QUIT with the game still going on. Peyton Manning would NEVER have allowed his coach to do that-NEVER. He would have tried to win the game, regardless of what was happening the previous 54 plus minutes. Disgraceful, and any Pats fan that defends it is wrong.

Pass protection can break down with a lead too. Injuries can happen on any play. This was a baby move by BB. No excuse.

Lame.

BB tries to run up the score with big leads based on his argument that any team can come back in the NFL. Any team except his Patriots I guess. :rolleyes:

Don't expect people to take this bunch for serious contenders when they quit with five minutes to go in a game.

Don't expect people to take this bunch for serious contenders when they quit with five minutes to go in a game.

Our fault for leaving them with nothing to play for with five games to go in the season.

I thought this thread was gonna be about Kerry Rhodes.

no not me Drums, I HATE seeing teams cheat, I HATE seeing sore loser coaches leave the field and not shaking hands with the winning coach, I HATE seeing a team that is perfectly fine with running up the score when they're winning QUIT with the game still going on. Peyton Manning would NEVER have allowed his coach to do that-NEVER. He would have tried to win the game, regardless of what was happening the previous 54 plus minutes. Disgraceful, and any Pats fan that defends it is wrong.

The Patriots reign is over. Tom Brady knows it, Belly knows it. The fans won't admit it. They are 1st in a ****ty division, hooray. In front of everyone, they just got one of the worst beat downs ever. Funny thing is, I thought NE was going to win but I couldn't have been more happy being wrong.

by the simple fact of comparing what he had Brady do against us up by 17 points and what he did last night. It's quite simple really. This thread wasn't put up to tweak any Pats fans noses it's to state the fact that Bill Belichick has time and again PROVEN himself to be a disgrace to the great game of American football.

WHOA!!! you called it "American" Football! only us limeys are allowed to call it that! it`s simply "football" over there and as such our game becomes "soccer" :D

Perhaps the husband of thick as sh!t pointy spice has finally made a name for the MLS now?:D

That aside, I switched off the NFL about week 5 but anything that brings shame to BB and tyhe Pats gets my attention.

I actually preferred last night's outcome, seeing them throw in the towel, as opposed to them fighting their way back, or at least attempting to. Them quitting is actually more embarrassing than just falling short while trying in vain to catch the Saints.

He's classless, and he got what he deserved. Why is this still a topic? It's not like Belly cares. We should be more concerned about our team and why losing this game on thursday could very well happen.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brees still out there throwing passes after Belichick took Brady and Moss out of the game? You are trying to spin it that it's Belichick that was being disrespectful? His team was down big (21) with minutes left and a defense that had no hopes in stopping the Saints, so he takes Brady out to prevent him from getting injured, while the Saints respond by putting Brees back out on the field. How in the world do you spin this against Belichick?

As for the Jets game, I may be wrong here again, but wasn't Sanchez still out there trying to win that game? If that's so, why should we take out our starters? If Rex took Sanchez out of the game, I can guarantee you that Belichick would respond by taking Brady out as well. That's his whole view point, if the opposing team is still going to try to win the game (when down big), I'm going to keep trying to score as well. If they concede the game by taking out their starting QB, I'll ease back the dogs.

Finally, as for the Titans game someone mentioned, Brady played all of 1 drive in the 2nd half. Belichick likely wanted to make a point of the team coming out to continue playing, not just stand around waiting 30 minutes until the clock expired. Brady led them to a score and Belichick sat him and Moss for the rest of the game. Show me the last time a team has pulled it's starting QB (and not because of poor performance or injury) before or at the half. It hasn't happened.

One last word: Football is a grown mans sport. If you can't handle defeat, disrespect, humiliation, etc, find a new profession or hobby.

So just when you thought you've seen everything this game can hand you Bill Belichick reaches lower than low last night and QUITS with almost 10% of the game left to play. That wouldn't be so bad if just the week before he leaves all his starters in there and actually has his QB try and score a TD on a bomb with 30 seconds left-with a big lead. He is a classless scumbag.

this is nothing new. remember when they lost the superbowl to the giants. he left the field before the game was over. how does the coach leave the field before his players do??? classless is an understatement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brees still out there throwing passes after Belichick took Brady and Moss out of the game? You are trying to spin it that it's Belichick that was being disrespectful? His team was down big (21) with minutes left and a defense that had no hopes in stopping the Saints, so he takes Brady out to prevent him from getting injured, while the Saints respond by putting Brees back out on the field. How in the world do you spin this against Belichick?

As for the Jets game, I may be wrong here again, but wasn't Sanchez still out there trying to win that game? If that's so, why should we take out our starters? If Rex took Sanchez out of the game, I can guarantee you that Belichick would respond by taking Brady out as well. That's his whole view point, if the opposing team is still going to try to win the game (when down big), I'm going to keep trying to score as well. If they concede the game by taking out their starting QB, I'll ease back the dogs.

Finally, as for the Titans game someone mentioned, Brady played all of 1 drive in the 2nd half. Belichick likely wanted to make a point of the team coming out to continue playing, not just stand around waiting 30 minutes until the clock expired. Brady led them to a score and Belichick sat him and Moss for the rest of the game. Show me the last time a team has pulled it's starting QB (and not because of poor performance or injury) before or at the half. It hasn't happened.

One last word: Football is a grown mans sport. If you can't handle defeat, disrespect, humiliation, etc, find a new profession or hobby.

Yeah, brees was still out there. Paybacks a *itch. i hope all the nfl does that to them if they get the chance. maybe bellicheat won't be so quick to run up the score when he has the chance to do so.

So why leave him in there in the snow, when you are up by 40 points?

BZ

Brees did not attempr a pass, i will check 1st

No passes

New Orleans Saints at 3:58 NWE NOR

1st and 10 at NO 22 M.Bell right tackle to NO 26 for 4 yards (G.Guyton, J.Sanders).

2nd and 6 at NO 26 M.Bell right guard to NO 29 for 3 yards (M.Pryor).

3rd and 3 at NO 29 M.Bell left tackle to NO 34 for 5 yards (J.Mayo). NO-M.Bell was injured during the play. His return is Doubtful. PENALTY on NO-D.Thomas, Offensive Holding, 11 yards, enforced at NO 29 - No Play.

3rd and 14 at NO 18 P.Thomas left tackle to NO 28 for 10 yards (J.Sanders, G.Guyton).

4th and 4 at NO 28 T.Morstead punts 39 yards to NE 33, Center-J.Kyle, fair catch by W.Welker.

DRIVE TOTALS: NE 17, NO 38, 3 plays, 6 yards, 1:58 elapsed

New England Patriots at 1:52 NWE NOR

1st and 10 at NE 33 B.Hoyer pass short left to S.Aiken to NE 38 for 5 yards (S.Fujita). Pass 4, Catch 1

2nd and 5 at NE 38 (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass short middle to S.Aiken to NO 48 for 14 yards (S.Fujita). Pass 4, Catch 10

1st and 10 at NO 48 (Shotgun) B.Hoyer pass incomplete short left to I.Stanback.

2nd and 10 at NO 48 (Shotgun) B.Hoyer sacked at NE 44 for -8 yards (W.Smith).

End of Game

DRIVE TOTALS: NE 17, NO 38, 5 plays, 11 yards, 1:52 elapsed

The Colts didn't bench their starters with 4 minutes to go down 13.. Look where it got them. Manning was getting killed out there, but somehow he stayed in.

The Colts didn't bench their starters with 4 minutes to go down 13.. Look where it got them. Manning was getting killed out there, but somehow he stayed in.

Didn't the Colts come back from 21 points down against the Bucs many years ago in the 4th quarter?

BZ

Archived