So What Do You Guys Think; Revis DPOTY?

SoFlaJets

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revis will never win the award because he doesn't get tested enough. Everyone knows it's just not worth testing him.

Are you kidding me? He's being thrown at as much as any CB. Which is pretty ****ed up.

I'm convinced it's Revis baiting QB's, I remember him saying he likes to do that in an interview, and that he gets "bored" shutting down his side of the field. If that's indeed the case then it makes what he's done this season all the more impressive.

Are you kidding me? He's being thrown at as much as any CB. Which is pretty ****ed up.

I'm convinced it's Revis baiting QB's, I remember him saying he likes to do that in an interview, and that he gets "bored" shutting down his side of the field. If that's indeed the case then it makes what he's done this season all the more impressive.

I don't know the stats, just what I see. And I could definitely be wrong, but I feel like teams stay away from him.

Woodson is actually having a better statistical season than Revis.

If you're just counting interceptions and tackles, sure. But then again those statistics don't take into account that Revis has been thrown at about 20 more times than Woodson has, and only has given up about 3 more receptions than Woodson. Or the fact that he's also defended about 6 times the amount of passes than Woodson has. Or that he's given up less total yards. Or less touchdowns. Or less YAC.

Darrelle Revis named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis continues to establish himself as perhaps the league's premier cover guy as he was named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the Jets' 17-6 victory over the Panthers last Sunday.

Revis intercepted two passes against the Panthers, including one that he returned 67 yards for a touchdown. He held Panthers all-world wide receiver Steve Smith to just one catch for five yards. He also had two tackles.

If you're just counting interceptions and tackles, sure. But then again those statistics don't take into account that Revis has been thrown at about 20 more times than Woodson has, and only has given up about 3 more receptions than Woodson. Or the fact that he's also defended about 6 times the amount of passes than Woodson has. Or that he's given up less total yards. Or less touchdowns. Or less YAC.

Statisitcs for DB's are some of the most deceiving for any position in all of sports.

Perfect example is Asamougha out in Oakland. The guy is rarely thrown on. Infact, I believe he was thrown at less than any corner in the NFL the last several seasons.

Revis is an All-Pro. Best shutdown corner in the NFL.

Toss up between he an Asomugha IMO. If Revis played in Oakland, and Asomugha in NY, fans might have a different perspective. I call it the Derek Jeter theory. If Derek Jeter played for Kansas City, would he be just as revered?

Toss up between he an Asomugha IMO. If Revis played in Oakland, and Asomugha in NY, fans might have a different perspective. I call it the Derek Jeter theory. If Derek Jeter played for Kansas City, would he be just as revered?

This is probably fair, but honestly when you're having that kind of argument, who really cares? Neither Oakland nor the Jets have any reason to be even slightly unhappy about the player they each have. If in the end Asomugha is the slightly better player, that doesn't bother me a bit, I'm still ecstatic to have Revis and would take him going up against any WR.

best CB we've ever had and that includes Ty Law's 10 INT season

The 10 INT season by Ty Law in 2005 was a joke. Revis reminds me of the 2000-2004 Ty Law. Law was dominant back in those days.

Revis learned from the best.

This is probably fair, but honestly when you're having that kind of argument, who really cares? Neither Oakland nor the Jets have any reason to be even slightly unhappy about the player they each have. If in the end Asomugha is the slightly better player, that doesn't bother me a bit, I'm still ecstatic to have Revis and would take him going up against any WR.

Absolutely. It doesn't really matter which one you have. It's tantamount to the Brady/Manning debates that are ever so popular on message boards.

Archived