Rhodes Wants Out???

JetsFan220

Now I'm definitely for drafting Taylor Mays

taylor mays senior year stats to date: 82 tackles, 1 int, 1 FR. he's not really a playmaker in college he won't be one in the pros. Eric Berry is the guy.

FWIW a lack of sacks is about 10th on the list of what's wrong with this team. the defense in general is the team's strongest unit. They just found devito out of nowhere, pito out of nowhere. I don't understand the desire to draft a 3-4 DE in round 1.

you are right, I missed that when I was looking at the stats....see what happens when you rush to make a point......:Typotux:

Speaking of stats, I thought this might be a funny time to point out that Wallace Wright (13) has more tackles than Vernon Gholston (11).

taylor mays senior year stats to date: 82 tackles, 1 int, 1 FR. he's not really a playmaker in college he won't be one in the pros. Eric Berry is the guy.

FWIW a lack of sacks is about 10th on the list of what's wrong with this team. the defense in general is the team's strongest unit. They just found devito out of nowhere, pito out of nowhere. I don't understand the desire to draft a 3-4 DE in round 1.

Ok... Where do you go with the pick?

Or maybe he means he has to play hard because other teams look at it that if you're not playing hard/well, they'll attack you.

We'll see in time. If Kerry leaves, it is no huge loss like we all thought it would've been if he left after 2007.

If he's a team guy and plays that well the last five games, the Jets will pay him. It's up to him. Hard to tell right now if he really wants out, or if he's taking a macho stance in the face of his benching. Doesn't matter to me. Kerry playing better is better for him and the team whether they're still together next March or not.

Rhodes doesnt want out...he's already in New York. He's putting up a front.

Bottomline is, if he were to just subtract his personal feelings of the situation he'll notice that he stepped up to the plate only after the Coach stepped up to the plate and called him out. No matter how you feel, if you are putting up the stats now then whatever it was that got you there was necessary.

This is like when Brandon Marshall wanted to leave before the Broncos 6-0 record. Now you see Brandon Hugging his coach on the sidelines. All the Jets have to do is win, but this comes with players like Rhodes stepping up and making plays.

I actually think he has relatively high trade value. I think if you wanted a 2010 draft choice he gets you a 3rd with the potential for a conditional 2 in 2011 where we give the trading team back their 3rd if he reaches the PTI.

I think if you are willing to wait out the compensation entirely you could probably get a 2/conditional 1 in 2011 provided you trade him before the 2010 draft takes place. If Lito Sheppard, who is older and clearly well on the downside, could get a team a 2 if he played alot there is no reason a guy lie Rhodes cant fetch more than that. His salary is not awful since we already paid him so much money. A team that trades for him would owe about:

2009- 5 million

2010- 3 million

2011- 4.5 million

2012- 6 million

So its essentially 18 million over 4 years with zero penalty if you have to cut him.

That

Excellent points all around, especially about Sheppard. I guess I'm thinking more immediate--i.e., getting another first-day pick in the upcoming draft. I think it's certainly possible, but more probable that we'd get some sort of conditional pick with escalators.

Rhodes doesnt want out...he's already in New York. He's putting up a front.

Bottomline is, if he were to just subtract his personal feelings of the situation he'll notice that he stepped up to the plate only after the Coach stepped up to the plate and called him out. No matter how you feel, if you are putting up the stats now then whatever it was that got you there was necessary.

This is like when Brandon Marshall wanted to leave before the Broncos 6-0 record. Now you see Brandon Hugging his coach on the sidelines. All the Jets have to do is win, but this comes with players like Rhodes stepping up and making plays.

I missed game this weekend and tivo did not work? Did he play?

Archived