Schotty's in my mouth

Greenseed3

the people who hate Brian Schottenheimer don't know a fraction of what he knows about football.

I know that's a harsh statement to make, and Im sorry for that... but it's true. Get educated before you call for the head of one of the better young OC's in the entire league.

He makes great calls all the time and gets zero credit. The woodhead catch last week was a great call.

Schotty called a great game, those full back dives were daggers to the heart. He runs 6 out of 10 times and still keeps it fresh... he has inconsistant QB play and has cobbled together a decent (not great but decent) offense.

He's actually doing a really good job this year.

the people who hate Brian Schottenheimer don't know a fraction of what he knows about football.

I know that's a harsh statement to make, and Im sorry for that... but it's true. Get educated before you call for the head of one of the better young OC's in the entire league.

He makes great calls all the time and gets zero credit. The woodhead catch last week was a great call.

Schotty called a great game, those full back dives were daggers to the heart. He runs 6 out of 10 times and still keeps it fresh... he has inconsistant QB play and has cobbled together a decent (not great but decent) offense.

He called a great game last night, way too many haters on this board

Screens are not an option without Leon

Too many experts here who probably never have played a down in their life

Aside from 1st Jills game, schott has done fairly well.

I concur with gamecalling last nite, great job

We are leading the league in rushing...right with a rook QB to boot

Anyone thinking that KC should have starting season at QB, you

all know who u are, up the arse with a red hot poker lol

He does make great calls... at times. At other times he makes absolutely mind-numblingly retarded calls. The guy still needs to get his act together on a consistent (something he is FAR from) basis and runs an offense that is simply FAR too turnover prone.

Since when did you become such an irrational homer anyway? Suddenly every player is fantastic and the coaches are all geniuses. You realize you root for the Jets right?

I really hate the empty backfield sets inside the opponents 10 yd line...takes away 1/2 of the surprise factor

Excellent play calling? What game were you watching?

The two backs were averaging over 5 yards a play, yet they came out and threw for the first series.

EVERYTIME they ran, they picked up huge yards yet they kept throwing.

More run, less pass. Less tricks, more wins.

BZ

**** Brian Schottenheimer he gets no free pass from me. He sucks and always will. God I hope his father gets back into coaching.

When you can run at will on a team its not too hard to be unpredictable. Dont forget last game vs the Bills when we were playing in 25+ MPH winds and running all over the Bills and Shotty was taking shots downfield with a mistake prone rookie QB on a team we racked up 318 yards rushing aganist with a 13 to 3 lead. Even the best QB's in the NFL dont throw much into the wind in those conditions yet we unleashed Sanchez who keeps hearing "can he play in the weather" The question should be ...Are you smart enough as a Offensive coordinator not to let your QB thow in such weather ? I think Sanchez tried to prove something and it cost us the game and frankly I dont blame him I blame the coaching staff.

The two backs were averaging over 5 yards a play, yet they came out and threw for the first series.

BZ

The success of the run has alot to do with the pass and the success of the pass has alot do with the run.

Its part of football.

The success of the run has alot to do with the pass and the success of the pass has alot do with the run.

Its part of football.

Not at all... the success of the run has to do with our great offensive line and their sucky players.

They could have run it almost every down and done it.

BZ

BZ

You don't get it BZ - he was tricking them. Remember - he's real smart and therefore he can be tricky. Thats why we have him - because hes real smart. Just like his old real smart boss who's now being real smart in Cleveland. I hope that Brian keeps on getting smarter so that maybe, he too, can be smart in Cleveland.

I know that's a harsh statement to make, and Im sorry for that... but it's true.

It's not harsh, it's true, nobody cares about how knowledgeable he is. Eric Mangini's a pretty knowledgeable guy too. Yet, I still want neither coaching this team.

He does make great calls... at times. At other times he makes absolutely mind-numblingly retarded calls. The guy still needs to get his act together on a consistent (something he is FAR from) basis and runs an offense that is simply FAR too turnover prone.

Since when did you become such an irrational homer anyway? Suddenly every player is fantastic and the coaches are all geniuses. You realize you root for the Jets right?

His calls dont sem consistent because this team is not performing at a consistent level. Im not saying that every call is genius, but if this team was consistent on all levels there would be a much higher success rate for his plays.

I definitely appreciate his knowledge of the game, obviously it's far greater than anyone on this board.

However, sometimes, it's quite obvious that he tries to get too cute when a very standard offense, especially with a rookie QB, is all we need.

Ok so we can add all this crap up with VG and ya know what ya get ? CRAP

Making statements about the obvious that Shott knows more about football then a few message boards folks is a given but tell me where does that put him in the NFL ?

He sucks and he cost us at the very least 2 games this year. We also won some games in spite of him due to our defense. He needs to be OUT OF HERE after this season.

BZ

+100

The running game develop some rhythm on a couple of drives and they stalled when this so called genius decides to go spread shotgun for no reason. We could of scored more points by just running the ball down their throats. Make them stop you before you go spread offense.And another thing that bugs me is why put unnecessarily pressure on Sanchez throwing the ball so much in the redzone.I'm sorry but Schotty has to get a grip on how the game is flowing. There's no reason to get cute when the simple plays are working.

Edited by DEPRESSED JET!!!!!!

You don't get it BZ - he was tricking them. Remember - he's real smart and therefore he can be tricky. Thats why we have him - because hes real smart. Just like his old real smart boss who's now being real smart in Cleveland. I hope that Brian keeps on getting smarter so that maybe, he too, can be smart in Cleveland.

I do get it... the thing is, Buffalo has the WORST RUN DEFENSE and the JETS have SECOND BEST RUN OFFENSE.

There is no trick. You don't need a trick. You just man up, run the ball and make them stop you. We could have handed them the entire playbook and run it down their throats.

That is the problem with Shotty, he thinks that teams win with tricks. You don't win with tricks, you win by going with your strengths.

The Tuna knew this, Rex knows this and Shotty still thinks its about movement and formation changes.

It isn't.

Shotty is gone next year, we will get a run first guy and when Sanchez is 4-5 years in, we can go for the pass offense.

BZ

:face:

I do get it... the thing is, Buffalo has the WORST RUN DEFENSE and the JETS have SECOND BEST RUN OFFENSE.

There is no trick. You don't need a trick. You just man up, run the ball and make them stop you. We could have handed them the entire playbook and run it down their throats.

That is the problem with Shotty, he thinks that teams win with tricks. You don't win with tricks, you win by going with your strengths.

The Tuna knew this, Rex knows this and Shotty still thinks its about movement and formation changes.

It isn't.

Shotty is gone next year, we will get a run first guy and when Sanchez is 4-5 years in, we can go for the pass offense.

BZ

:face:

He called an alright game last night. I really do wish he would stop with the random spread sets on second down with like four yards to go. Also, why not more play action? plays like the one where the ball hit Edwards in the face should be called more.

yep 100 % correct

It seems whenever we are running the ball well rather than try and disguise a passing play and go play action Idiot Schott Lines us up 4 wide with an empty backfield. Like I have said before Rex should have his Dad on the sidelines to Punch Shotty in the face to wake him up from time to time.

In the last ten years the best OC we had for calling well timed play action was Hackett and Penny in 02 did it very well. Then in true Jets fashion we abandoned the play action. This team is really comical when it comes to things that work. Im surprised when we drafted Sanchez that we didnt actully trade Cotchery as well. After all why would a Franchise QB need something as irrelevant as a WR :Nuts:

Thats ridiculous. He's terrible and this year has been his worst. I might not have a fraction of his knowledge, but neither do you. And it doesnt take much to see he sucks and our boy Rex figured it out too.

He had one series of good play calls the entire night when Sanchez missed J-Co. Best play calling all year. And the rest were plain stupid. 1st down, pound it for 5 in the redzone, and he comes out in the shotgun with Woodhead in the backfield 2 straight plays and that drive ended in a FG. B Schitty is a terrible terrible OC.

ok maybe it me but dont this thread title sound gay.....

yep

I was thinking the same thing just didnt want to be the one who said anything.

yep

This is JN, would you expect anything less?

maybe Greenseed is petitioning for a mod position?

and nope

Maybe getting on my knees was a bit premature, but after that game Schotty (AT THE VERY LEAST) gets a lil reach around.

I really hate the empty backfield sets inside the opponents 10 yd line...takes away 1/2 of the surprise factor

I disagree. I do not like the way he has used Leon or the way he uses backs in the passing attack. We do not screen enough and we never seem to have the success on crossing patterns that good teams have against us. I would much rather see Leon running screens and draws than going between the tackles. Now I know we do not have great receivers but they are all covered far too often on plays. I think that has something to do with the set and the scheme. And he almost always runs on second and long.

yep

yep

and nope

Maybe getting on my knees was a bit premature, but after that game Schotty (AT THE VERY LEAST) gets a lil reach around.

So you are playing against a D that could not stop OJ now, and you give all these props to Schott? I disagree. I have never seen a team so pathetic against the run.