Ok be honest..head first or slide

JETSorDIE

would you have called Mark a putang for sliding feet first and not getting the first  

1 member has voted

1. 1. would you have called Mark a putang for sliding feet first and not getting the first

• yeah...i like my QB to have balls
    • nah.. live to fight another day.
    • Maybe depends on if he gets hurt...

they brought in the manager of the world series champions to teach him how to slide, and then he gets hurt not sliding.

that's not being tough it's being insubordinate.

they didn't pay him 30 million dollars to dive head first against the Bills. Slide.

they brought in the manager of the world series champions to teach him how to slide, and then he gets hurt not sliding.

that's not being tough it's being insubordinate.

they didn't pay him 30 million dollars to dive head first against the Bills. Slide.

it was a critical first down, No issues with it

it was a critical first down, No issues with it

maybe... but it wasn't a critical game or even a critical season. they need this kid for the long haul... and he needs to grow up and realize his sliding days are over. This isn't school yard ball he's a corporation on 2 legs. If his knees go that's a killing blow to the nYJ and 8 figures down the tube. we can say what you want about toughness but payton manning slides, Brady slides.... there's a reason why... cause they are so valuable to their teams the extra yard isn't worth it. Sanchez could be that valuable to the Jets.

I think he woulda been crucified had he slid and came up before the first down marker. The only reason he dives head first there is diving for the line. I think he made the right play and even though he got hurt you want to see your qb make the play happen.

Call me a traditionalist but I want my QB listening to his coaches.

maybe... but it wasn't a critical game or even a critical season. they need this kid for the long haul... and he needs to grow up and realize his sliding days are over. This isn't school yard ball he's a corporation on 2 legs. If his knees go that's a killing blow to the nYJ and 8 figures down the tube. we can say what you want about toughness but payton manning slides, Brady slides.... there's a reason why... cause they are so valuable to their teams the extra yard isn't worth it. Sanchez could be that valuable to the Jets.

we are still in playoff hunt, he is trying to win a game.

Sanchez did the right thing i dont care what anybody says if he goes feet first doesnt get the first down and the bills scored on there next drive we would all be killing him today. And I am not convinced he even got the injury on that play.

Not only would I call him a *****, I'd call you one for saying he should slide. The play he got hurt on against Carolina was on 1st down. That's why everybody was on him to slide. He's a football player, when you need the play you make it. If it weren't 3rd down or the score wasn't up in the air then he should slide.

Not only would I call him a *****, I'd call you one for saying he should slide. The play he got hurt on against Carolina was on 1st down. That's why everybody was on him to slide. He's a football player, when you need the play you make it. If it weren't 3rd down or the score wasn't up in the air then he should slide.

Football players do what they are told. Football isn't a sport where the coach tells you to do something and you decide to do the opposite because you feel like it.

i like the play he made. unfortunately he got hurt doing it. the coaches want him to slide....no matter what. so he should have slid.

+1

the injury is troubling but even more troubling is the insubordination. Sanchez is not a free wheeling kid anymore. He's a 30 million dollar investment on 2 legs and the Jets need those legs to be healthy for a decade or more.

first down? who cares? they were up!

he was absolutely right in doing what he did. We needed the first down and he got it. Sadly though, I was at the Bills game where Penny did the same thing to get a first and he landed on his armpit, injuring his shoulder for the very first time. Maybe we are doomed to have injury prone QB's.

Football players do what they are told. Football isn't a sport where the coach tells you to do something and you decide to do the opposite because you feel like it.

+1

the injury is troubling but even more troubling is the insubordination. Sanchez is not a free wheeling kid anymore. He's a 30 million dollar investment on 2 legs and the Jets need those legs to be healthy for a decade or more.

first down? who cares? they were up!

What a flaming load of bull****.

The coach didn't tell him to slide before the first down marker. The coach encouraged him to use proper sliding technique when required. It's not required after a 7 yard gain on 3rd and 8.

You, Brady and Manning maybe, but I doubt Rex Ryan is a *****.

What a flaming load of bull****.

The coach didn't tell him to slide before the first down marker. The coach encouraged him to use proper sliding technique when required. It's not required after a 7 yard gain on 3rd and 8.

Ryan was crystal clear in his post game presser, he didn't care about the first down and wanted Sanchez to slide.

Its pretty simple. If someone was to type up 2 paragraphs one explaining a QB that slides and plays it safe, and one that explains the QB that wants to win and does whatever takes and you had to pick one - It would be a landslide(not intended) victory for the one that does whatever it takes.

You can't make these decisions the day after he goes for it and hurts himself.

you've called me a puss twice in this thread... and youre still wrong. They didn't need the first down up by 6 points. Heck they don't need another game in 2009, this is about the future of the franchise. Rex Ryan said clearly he wants him sliding all the time not just some of the time.

here's my question for you who is #27? abram elam?

you've called me a puss twice in this thread... and youre still wrong. They didn't need the first down up by 6 points. Heck they don't need another game in 2009, this is about the future of the franchise. Rex Ryan said clearly he wants him sliding all the time not just some of the time.

You can't play scared. Fact.

Actually I didn't. I said "maybe" once. I said Ryan was a ***** just now. Not you.

I just don't see this guy as a pure pocket passer and he's rolling around back there all the time. He's going to take some shots. I didn't see that as a high risk dive. Hell, he didn't even seem to get hurt. The scary thing is that he may just be another brittle dude. I agree with minimizing risk, but I don't think I'd go to the point of punting up less than a TD. If you take this risk to the franchise **** too far you get RB's taking knees so they don't get hit. If they were careful enough Jenkins probably wouldn't be hurt.

Abram Elam? I was on JetNation before him! You must be younger than I thought.

RUSSELL CARTER, the Dominator. Oh and of course, ME.

You can't ask these questions with no scenario.

If its 3rd and 25 and Tacklers are closing in after 10 yards of course you slide thats a no brainer. If its 3rd and about 5-8 like last night and your close to the marker I have no problem at all with what Sanchez did because he dove between 2 defenders and really didnt take a hit its not like he tried to bulldoze 2 linebackers.

Right now every game is a playoff game in a critical situation your QB has to make a play and it has to be HIS judgement at the time. If this were round 2 of the playoffs an we needed that first down to sustain a drive if Rex would be upset with what Sanchez did Im afraid to think what else they are filling this kids head with.

Here is a kid who played pretty good the first three weeks of the season then went to hell the following 6 weeks sure as hell makes you wonder.

He did the right thing. I was really annoyed by Rex after the game. Its understandable to be upset Sanchez got hurt but to say that he should always slide regardless of the situation is stupid. He dove to get the first down some what backed up in his own endzone when the game was still in question. It's not like it was 2nd and 10 and he was trying to squeeze out 5 yards, I expect him to make that play every time. Damn near every starting QB in the league has had to make a play similar to that at some point. If that play decided the game would he have told him to slide? If a similar situation comes up if he's in the playoffs does he want him to slide? He'll take harder hits when he's sacked so when they tell him to take one they should, instead, just say to lie down whenever someone get close to him behind the LOS. And the fact that I see some writers in the paper agreeing with Ryan pisses me off even more. The kid is still a football player right?

I voted for head first because I don't think sliding is as safe as people make it out to be. And like Sanchez himself said, he wears a knee brace which could get caught on the ground.

I think most devastating QB injuries happen when the QB is standing in the pocket and gets hit with his knees locked and this means he can't roll with the hit and so something has to break.

The kid is still a football player right?

he's more than that. he's the franchise on 2 (injured) legs.

Sanchez needs to grow up, Rex is right. If he gets a season ending injury Jets football will become a brutal, miserable experience (Even more than usual).

he's more than that. he's the franchise on 2 (injured) legs.

Sanchez needs to grow up, Rex is right. If he gets a season ending injury Jets football will become a brutal, miserable experience (Even more than usual).

I think he got hurt on next play, looks like cleat got stuck

Archived