Possible snow here today. It's colder than in Boston!

LoneStarLady

Here in Denver overnight low at D I A, was plus 2. Today the high was exptected to reach mid teens.

Well, I'm glad to hear that Texas is warmer than Denver. :biggrin:

Isn't that a little cold for Dec, even in Colorado?

Yep, and it was 60 yesterday. Where are all those climate change deniers? They come out whenever there's a snowstorm, but I can't find any right now.

+1

Record high heat this summer (67 days of over 100 degrees) and now snow. It should be around 65 here this time of year.

It did start to snow just now. After 20 years in Boston, I was hoping to move to a place without snow. I've seen a bit of ice in the last 4 years but this is the first snow here. Good thing I took the day off. Austin drivers have no idea how to drive in rain, ice, and especially snow.

Well, I'm glad to hear that Texas is warmer than Denver. :biggrin:

Isn't that a little cold for Dec, even in Colorado?

+1

Record high heat this summer (67 days of over 100 degrees) and now snow. It should be around 65 here this time of year.

It did start to snow just now. After 20 years in Boston, I was hoping to move to a place without snow. I've seen a bit of ice in the last 4 years but this is the first snow here. Good thing I took the day off. Austin drivers have no idea how to drive in rain, ice, and especially snow.

50 deg here LSL

come on over for a Lupos BBQ;)

50 deg here LSL

come on over for a Lupos BBQ;)

Great idea, afo! Throw in some Phil's chicken and you got yourself a deal. :cheers:

I forgot you had ties to the greater Bingo area. Lupo's is good stuff!

Lupo's subs -- yum, yum. :yahoo:

We're about to order some Lupo's and Salamida's sauces online. My husband, from Endicott, needs his fix, and he got me hooked, too.

We have a high of 37 degrees today with a winter weather advisory for snow and ice! WTF?

I thought I lived in south-central Texas, not New England! :mad0222:

:max::biggrin:

If it makes you feel any better they are calling for 3-6 inches of the white stuff on Saturday up here in New England on Saturday.

Great idea, afo! Throw in some Phil's chicken and you got yourself a deal. :cheers:

Lupo's subs -- yum, yum. :yahoo:

We're about to order some Lupo's and Salamida's sauces online. My husband, from Endicott, needs his fix, and he got me hooked, too.

Holy crap. You're linked to the Southern Tier, too? I live close enough to Bingo to get Lupo's in the grocery store, but I actually prefer the Brooks' stuff from Oneonta.

Salamida's is the ONLY spiedie sauce, though.

If it makes you feel any better they are calling for 3-6 inches of the white stuff on Saturday up here in New England on Saturday.

Wow, that's still pretty early for 6 inches of snow. I lived through many winters in Stoneham, and I don't miss it at all. Good luck with the shoveling and those crazy MA drivers on 128. :biggrin:

Wow, that's still pretty early for 6 inches of snow. I lived through many winters in Stoneham, and I don't miss it at all. Good luck with the shoveling and those crazy MA drivers on 128. :biggrin:

I know you lived up here so I'm pretty sure you know the weather forecasts are horrible. We will be lucky to get rain, let alone snow!

Holy crap. You're linked to the Southern Tier, too? I live close enough to Bingo to get Lupo's in the grocery store, but I actually prefer the Brooks' stuff from Oneonta.

+1

We really like Salamida's chicken BBQ sauce, too.

Never had Brooks. I'll have to ask my husband about that.

Living in Boston, we traveled on I-90/Mass Pike to I-88 to Endicott, I don't know how many times. Passed right by Oneonta!

Love Brooks. I go there every time I'm in Oneonta.

I know you lived up here so I'm pretty sure you know the weather forecasts are horrible. We will be lucky to get rain, let alone snow!

That's true. I don't know if MA forecasters are the worst ever or if all forecasts are garbage. But I remember how wrong they used to be. Could never plan on what they said. 2 inches of snow could easily be a foot, and 9 inches of snow could be nothing.

Not too hard to predict the weather down here, especially from May to Sept. Always sunny, just a matter of whether it's 95 or 105.

Love Brooks. I go there every time I'm in Oneonta.

Another recommendation. Next time we're home, we'll have to stop and get some.

We've made our own spiedies using pork loin and a recipe I got on the web, with a few changes. That way we can freeze the speidies and have them any time. But I prefer the real sauces from the triple cities.

Also found the Cornell chicken recipe on the web. Followed that one and it came out great on the grill. Reminded us of NY.

Archived