My final thoughts on this team

Boozer76

1. Herm is a bonafide idiot. I don't know any other way to put it. He played this game as conservative as it gets, even when we got down by 2 scores in the 4th Q. He's still trying to play ball control. Someone needs to tell him that he is too dumb to play for a close game because he will only blow it with boneheaded decisions by the end of the game. We need to blow teams out in order for Herm to not be able to lose it for us. And BTW, what the f*ck did he need to ask Dinger about declining the friggin penalty!!?? I-D-I-O-T IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT!!!!!!!

2. This team needs to demand Pennington to restructure next year or we cut him. Plain and simple. TB F-ed up the contract in the first place, now he needs to make it right by playing hardball with the kid. Tell him to restructure or he'll never pla in the NFL again. If we cut him there isn't a team in the league that would pick him up with that rag arm of his.

3. Play Vinny. Not for the sake that I think he's gonna win games for us, but for the matter of Herm not using Bolly as a scapegoat. Did anybody happen to notice the look on his face during the game. He's gotta be wondering WTF he got himself into.

4. Our OL is atrocious. We need to revamp it.

5. Curtis Martin. See my advice and Pennington and apply it to Martin as well.

6. Barrett-Can't tackle, can't cover. It seems every big play this D gives up is on him.

7. Abraham. I'll eat crow with this one. He's a big time player. Problem is there is zero chance of him resigning with us.

8. Chrebet-Invisible for the most part and drops passes when we need him to come through. You were a cute story little man, now move on.

9. Vilma-Keep your head up kid, it can only get better.

10. The sad part is no matter what we do, we won't be able to fix this team for at least 2-3 years. We have no money to pay a 1st round QB if we draft one. We have no money to bring in good FA lineman. We have no money to replace Barrett. Blaylock isn't the long term answer at RB. I'm willing to bet that Houston isn't either. We can't afford a top tier RB in the draft either. We are headed to the bottom of the barrel at a record pace. The only good news is if Woody has a pair, he will have had enough with the excuses and get rid of Herm now before he ruins this team any further.

David Barrett is not that bad, boozer.

And money/cap issues can be worked around. Players will be cut or will restructure and the NFL salary cap will increase next year. I heard Mort on ESPN say it could go from 85 million to 100 million for next season!

Signing Abraham to a long term deal in the offseason (if we want to) actually lowers the cap number.

Chad will just HAVE to restructure his deal.

Chrebet sucks. I agree.

Scrap the 280lb guards! This Oline does not possess a single mauler type. Time to draft 1 or sign 1 in the offseason.

The sad part is no matter what we do, we won't be able to fix this team for at least 2-3 years. We have no money to pay a 1st round QB if we draft one. We have no money to bring in good FA lineman. We have no money to replace Barrett. Blaylock isn't the long term answer at RB. I'm willing to bet that Houston isn't either. We can't afford a top tier RB in the draft either. We are headed to the bottom of the barrel at a record pace. The only good news is if Woody has a pair, he will have had enough with the excuses and get rid of Herm now before he ruins this team any further.

Yeah but, we won 2 playoff games in 5 years, so it was all worth it.

David Barrett is not that bad, boozer.

And money/cap issues can be worked around. Players will be cut or will restructure and the NFL salary cap will increase next year. I heard Mort on ESPN say it could go from 85 million to 100 million for next season!

Signing Abraham to a long term deal in the offseason (if we want to) actually lowers the cap number.

Chad will just HAVE to restructure his deal.

Chrebet sucks. I agree.

Scrap the 280lb guards! This Oline does not possess a single mauler type. Time to draft 1 or sign 1 in the offseason.

Abe goes on the market as a FA. We will have no way to franchise him and stay under the cap. Don't think for one second that he will show any allegiance to us. He'll go to the highest bidder and I promise you it won't be us.

Abe goes on the market as a FA. We will have no way to franchise him and stay under the cap. Don't think for one second that he will show any allegiance to us. He'll go to the highest bidder and I promise you it won't be us.

Eh, I'm not so sure of that. The Jets FO should be able to find ways to keep him for next season whether it be a franchise tag again or long term deal. If the cap jumps to 100million, this team should definetly be able to sign him to a long term deal or franchise him again.

No they can just franchise him again. So the Jets do have some leverage. Remember he wanted the promise from the Jets that they wouldn't do that. That is part of the reason he held out.

1. Herm is a bonafide idiot. I don't know any other way to put it. He played this game as conservative as it gets, even when we got down by 2 scores in the 4th Q. He's still trying to play ball control. Someone needs to tell him that he is too dumb to play for a close game because he will only blow it with boneheaded decisions by the end of the game. We need to blow teams out in order for Herm to not be able to lose it for us. And BTW, what the f*ck did he need to ask Dinger about declining the friggin penalty!!?? I-D-I-O-T IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT!!!!!!!

2. This team needs to demand Pennington to restructure next year or we cut him. Plain and simple. TB F-ed up the contract in the first place, now he needs to make it right by playing hardball with the kid. Tell him to restructure or he'll never pla in the NFL again. If we cut him there isn't a team in the league that would pick him up with that rag arm of his.

3. Play Vinny. Not for the sake that I think he's gonna win games for us, but for the matter of Herm not using Bolly as a scapegoat. Did anybody happen to notice the look on his face during the game. He's gotta be wondering WTF he got himself into.

4. Our OL is atrocious. We need to revamp it.

5. Curtis Martin. See my advice and Pennington and apply it to Martin as well.

6. Barrett-Can't tackle, can't cover. It seems every big play this D gives up is on him.

7. Abraham. I'll eat crow with this one. He's a big time player. Problem is there is zero chance of him resigning with us.

8. Chrebet-Invisible for the most part and drops passes when we need him to come through. You were a cute story little man, now move on.

10. The sad part is no matter what we do, we won't be able to fix this team for at least 2-3 years. We have no money to pay a 1st round QB if we draft one. We have no money to bring in good FA lineman. We have no money to replace Barrett. Blaylock isn't the long term answer at RB. I'm willing to bet that Houston isn't either. We can't afford a top tier RB in the draft either. We are headed to the bottom of the barrel at a record pace. The only good news is if Woody has a pair, he will have had enough with the excuses and get rid of Herm now before he ruins this team any further.

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Disagreed, What exactly will Vinny do? He'll get killed in there first of all, and it's not like we're winning anything with him anyway

4. but easier said then done

5.Agreed

6.Disagreed, Barrett is a solid player who is good against the run, and can create a turnover

7. We may not re-sign Abe, but we will definitely franchise him, and at least trade him..

8. Minor problem.. no need to bitch about Chrebet.. hes done a lot for this franchise, and his contract isn't a killer

9.He's played decent.. not a pro bowler without a good DT.. Robertson should be on this list bc he BLOWS

10. How the hell would you know? Stranger things have happened.. I think it's very feasible that we could be decent next year...Look at the Dolphins..

That's awesome that we have 5 QB's on the active roster, two o them wearing T-Shirts and slings, a 42 year old and two guys who shouldn't be in the NFL anyway. And we can't get rid of any of them.

5 QBs is not a problem. Considering there are only 52 players on the roster anyhow. We can add a 6th QB at any time!

No they can just franchise him again. So the Jets do have some leverage. Remember he wanted the promise from the Jets that they wouldn't do that. That is part of the reason he held out.

No they can't!! We can't even field 53 players right now because we are wedged right up against the cap. Chad's contract is prohibitive next year. Adding 20% to Abe's contract puts us at about 128 million. We can't even do it for the short term while we negotiate with him or it will cost us a daily fine. Face it, he's gone.

Crazy thing-2007 is a cap-free year-FOR NOW. In theory, you could pay guys minimum in 2006 and then backload the crap out of the contract for 2007. But more likely,the next collective bargaining agreement will allow NBA-style buyouts rather than allowing for no 2007 cap.

Vilma is completely lost out there when teams put a body on him every play.

Four straight games and he has done crap.

He looked like a 7th round draft pick against the Ravens today.

Nice job, Terry Bradway. :shock:

Crazy thing-2007 is a cap-free year-FOR NOW. In theory, you could pay guys minimum in 2006 and then backload the crap out of the contract for 2007. But more likely,the next collective bargaining agreement will allow NBA-style buyouts rather than allowing for no 2007 cap.

Your right it will be named the "Chad Pennington exception" and people will mock us for years like people mock the Knicks for signing Allan Houston to that rediculous contract

He had like 12 tackles today, and Jamal Lewis was shut down? What do you expect from him nerdo?

Bradway blows, TX. You got that much right. But, damn, Vilma is a machine, DROY last year, and all over the field. Why on earth would you pick the one player that actually performs to rip. There are like, 40 valid targets, not including the coaching staff.

Are you kidding me? Vilma has had 2 straight very good games now!

That is a classice pile it on BS post by you. How many yards did The Ravens have yesterday? The Jets defense is playing better than The Pats D, I can tell you that. :D

That is a classice pile it on BS post by you. How many yards did The Ravens have yesterday? The Jets defense is playing better than The Pats D, I can tell you that. :D

He is rooting for a .500 team that is struggling. Vilma is fine. Many things wrong with the Jets right now. Vilma is not one of them.

I am sure PatsfanTx is just doing his usual sarcasm with Vilma- he is the one guy on this team that is invaluable-all over the field making plays=- are problems are much more than a simple solution right now

One of the stupidest comments to date TX.

Vilma had more tackles than anyone on the field yesterday.

Have you seen any of the games? Vilma is still all over the field making tackles. Just because you don't see them on the 2 minutes of Sportscenter highlights that you see, doesn't mean they don't exist. Try your rabble rousing with O-Line and maybe I will agree with you.

Archived