For today's games LETS GO...

Raiders over Steelers (knocking Pittsburgh to 6-6)

Patriots over Dolphins (knocking Miami to 5-7, on the brink of being out of the WC race) -- sorry, Pats are not going to lose 3 of the final 5 games, so the division is out of question. Root for New England.

Chiefs over Broncos (knocking Denver to 7-5)

Colts over Titans (giving Titans 7th loss, knocking them out of contention with the Jets for a playoff spot since no team with a record worse than 9-7 will get in, and at 9-7 we'd still have the tiebreak)

Texans over Jaguars (this would knock both teams to 6-6, if Jags win, they're 7-5, and we know if finish tied with Houston we have the tiebreak, so who cares if they're 6-6)

The Raiders and Chiefs are asking a bit much but I can see the other 3 going down --

In their last 18 games at Arrowhead in December, Denver is 1-17.

Kansas City, despite their poor play the last few years, is 21-6 at home in December in their last 27 home games (I forget how many years it spans across).

Plus, it's a rivalry game and you never know with a rivalry game.

The only game I think that's asking a bit much is Oakland/Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh. But hey, Oakland beat them a couple years ago with Roethilsberger at QB, so you never know.

In their last 18 games at Arrowhead in December, Denver is 1-17.

Kansas City, despite their poor play the last few years, is 21-6 at home in December in their last 27 home games (I forget how many years it spans across).

Plus, it's a rivalry game and you never know with a rivalry game.

The only game I think that's asking a bit much is Oakland/Pittsburgh, in Pittsburgh. But hey, Oakland beat them a couple years ago with Roethilsberger at QB, so you never know.

WOW -- GO CHIEFS

I want the Dolphins to lose because I hate them more than the Pats. I want the Pats to lose, too, though. Of course none of this has anything to do with the Jets' playoffs chances, because they really don't exist.

KC will pull the upset today. People forget that Denver is still playing like absolute **** over the last month and a half, it's just that the [s***tier] Giants came to town. Outside of that, they haven't won since October. Arrowhead is brutal in the Winter, Chiefs are playing better, and I think the upset will happen.

Colts over Titans (giving Titans 7th loss, knocking them out of contention with the Jets for a playoff spot since no team with a record worse than 9-7 will get in, and at 9-7 we'd still have the tiebreak)

I don't think this game matters. You can make the argument that Indi will rest its starters if they clinch home field and aren't playing to go undefeated. I don't think it matters what Tennessee does because we have the tiebreaker over them and if we lose a game, we're out anyway, so it won't even matter anymore. It's going to be tough to get in with the easy schedule that Pitt has.

It's unreal man. You're down by 11 with ~7 minutes left. You absolutely HAVE to get into the endzone there. You're on the 2, not midfield, don't get all creative! THAT was a Schottenheimer call right there.

Or a Dan Henning play call. He did the exact same thing against Buffalo last week. Ricky threw a pick in the end zone.

The JETS arent getting the Wild Card spot. Too many variables.

The best bet is winning the Division. The Pats with this [imminent] loss to the Phins will only be 1 game ahead of us.

Why not the wild card? Who is the #2 wild card spot right now? 7-5? We're 6-6.

PLUS I HATE THE DOLPHINS EVEN WORSE

oh no fins win now we got to deal with the trolls again

Hey listen the Pats trolls are nowhere near as bad, now you will see how bad it sucks to have Fin trolls around instead.

We lose in almost every tie breaker but stranger things have happened. Remember Herm's first year in KC? He got in with a 9-7 record where the most ridiculous losses happened on the same day.

I do think we would need to be 10 and 6 but why not us? Colts have nearly locked up homefield and the Bengals may have locked up the second spot by week 17. It would take some luck but stranger things have happened.

People need to stop saying we have to either go for the division or wild-card. How about we win all our ****ing games and see what happens next? We're not good enough to decide that ****.

Anything is possible. ANYTHING. Sucks that the Jags won, however, I think they still have the Pats and Colts on their schedule.

The NE-MIA outcome:

Positives

- We're 2 games behind New England for first place, we need them to go 2-2 down the stretch, with us winning out, to win the division. However, their schedule has Buffalo, Carolina, Houston and Jacksonville on it.

Negatives

- We're still in 3rd place in the AFC East, behind New England and Miami.

- This only hurts us in the Wild Card race where we are still one game behind Miami.

Tie breakers are ****ing killing us. The teams who we did have the tie breaker over all lost - Houston and Tennessee (We probably should have been rooting for the Titans today, so the Colts wont be playing for perfection) ****ed it up.

Miami aren't sticking it out, between the brutal schedule and their one dimensional offense they will fade. NO WAY will they beat Pittsburgh, they match up brutally with them.

The team that scares me is Pittsburgh but I'm not sure if I should be. I think they will win out looking at their schedule so what happens if both the Jets and Steelers are 10-6? There are no head to head tie-breakers and I'm pretty sure we have the same conference record.

Archived