Saints "Who Dat?"...stolen from Bengals "Who Dey?"

Jetsfan80

I can't say anything wrong about New Orleans just because of what they went through with Katrina. I want them to win, but again, I remember their fans were *******s.

Their fans are *******s? Are you kidding? I was down in NO for the game earlier this season and the Saints fans could not have possibly been any nicer to us. Easily the coolest fan base I've ever met. They sure as hell treated us a thousand times better than I've ever seen an opposing teams fan treated at any Jets home game.

I've noticed a lot of signs at Saints home games saying "Who Dat?". While I've only seem them this year, the Bengals "Who Dey?" has been around since the 1980s, for sure. Did the Saints steal from the Bengals, or have they had that saying for a while also?

This argument gets kicked around all the time. The majority of the evidence is on the side of NO and plus it makes sense that a phrase using Southern pronunciation would start in ... the South.

"Who Dat" doesn't even make sense, unless you're a redneck, I guess.

"Who Dey" does and actually sounds good. "Who Dat" is just moronic.

Both sound stupid and are a bastardization of the English language. Other teams and their dumb chants can go to hell, the JETS chant > every other.

Their fans are *******s? Are you kidding? I was down in NO for the game earlier this season and the Saints fans could not have possibly been any nicer to us. Easily the coolest fan base I've ever met. They sure as hell treated us a thousand times better than I've ever seen an opposing teams fan treated at any Jets home game.

So because you met some nice fans, the entire fan base is awesome?

I've met some decent Phin and Pats fans, they arent a representation of the entire fanbase. The Saints fans I interact with daily are arrogant *******s. I cant wait until their bubble pops.

So because you met some nice fans, the entire fan base is awesome?

I've met some decent Phin and Pats fans, they arent a representation of the entire fanbase. The Saints fans I interact with daily are arrogant *******s. I cant wait until their bubble pops.

In what world is spending 5 days in New Orleans surrounded by Saints fans and a game in their stadium the same as encountering a few random people? I was certainly speaking in terms of much more than one or two individual "nice fans", but clearly the couple of people you know are a far better representation of the fan base... my mistake.

Obviously people can think whatever they want, but the bottom line is I've seen far more and bigger ******* Jets fans at any single home game I've gone to than I did Saints fans the entire time I was down there. So I guess my point is, I'm not sure where we have any room to do any talking. In my experience, they were much more hospitable than any other sports fans I've ever seen to any opposing team's fans. Not that it really matters, but I just found that original comment to be odd and not one I agreed with. And keep in mind, I wasn't the one who started off by generalizing the entire team's fan base.

I went to the game this year as well and they were by FAR the nicest fan base I have ever been around. Just awesome, told me to come to the bar after the game and they'd by buy me a beer win or lose (which they did). Even the Cops there are were nice as hell, one came up to me and my Dad after the game and said that the Jets fans were one of the fan bases they look forward to coming to visit NO. Anwyay, like BG said they are great fans, I wish they were in our division so I could go every year.

And I am basing this on spending a few days there as well, meeting countless Saints fans who were more than willing to show Jets fans a good time.

Just like the Patriots stole our J E T S chant.

They say P A T S pats pats pats:baby: WTF?

Huh?

I've been to the last 5 Jets/Patriot games in Foxboro and not once have I ever heard such a thing.

The only thing you hear is "J-E-T-S SUCK SUCK SUCK", because they're so creative like that.

They seem ****y to me. Obviously they have a good reason, but holding a sign saying New York sweep with the Giants, Bills, and Jets all on the board. That team hasn't done anything in decades.

"Who Dat" doesn't even make sense, unless you're a redneck, I guess.

"Who Dey" does and actually sounds good. "Who Dat" is just moronic.

Who Dat and Who Dey makes sense/sounds good to the people who use it. It not moronic. And you dont have to be a redneck either. You can be a cool black kid with swag. Works either way. Embrace it instead of judging it. You'll have more fun that way. And if you dont embrace it than cool, but you dont have to make it out to be moronic.

I had a run in with some nasty NO fans here in Atlanta. So apparently they've got all-kinds.

Archived