Heisman Finalists

Matt39

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rice is having a bad game. He's still second in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Not bad for a guy that you thought didnt deserve to be drafted.

He is a RUNNING BACK.

Rushing yardage and rushing statistics are what he will be judged on when all is said and done, not his check down receiving statistics.

Richie Anderson was an awesome pass catcher out of the backfield too.

I was completely right with McFadden, no surprise I was right there.

BTW, check out the Ravens-Packers game tonight and watch Ray Rice light up the scoreboard. :rolleyes:

Anyone can have a lucky season behind a strong Offensive Line. Enjoy it while it lasts. His style will have him killed by 2012.

He's having a bad game which isn't even over yet and he is having a very good year so far. Are you drunk?

He is a RUNNING BACK.

Rushing yardage and rushing statistics are what he will be judged on when all is said and done, not his check down receiving statistics.

Richie Anderson was an awesome pass catcher out of the backfield too.

So the catch out of the backfield against the Steelers last week that won the Ravens the game shoudlnt count?

Please, stop.

Marshall Faulk- boy he was horrible.

So the catch out of the backfield against the Steelers last week that won the Ravens the game shoudlnt count?

Please, stop.

Marshall Faulk- boy he was horrible.

So now we're going to dare put Ray Rice in the same sentence as Marshall Faulk?

Boy, you're delusional. :rl:

One of the 16 diehard Rutgers fans right there ladies & gents.

Wow-za.

Percy Harvin is going to suck. Nate Davis FTW!

Care for me to harp on all the players I was right about, 12 games into their careers?

Lets revist all this crap five years down the line if this place is still up and running.

P.S., still don't understand the Nate Davis thing. I was far from the only one projecting him in the 1st or 2nd round back in January.

So 124, you would actually take TJ over Rice?

For one season? Yes. Absolutely. I prefer someone who is a grounder & pounder as opposed to someone whose going to get me 600-700yds receiving and only 1,000yds rushing.

Give me 1,400yds rushing and 300yds receiving, and more TD's.

Rice is only used out of the backfield so often because Baltimore has 1 NFL starting WR on their roster.

King Kong Suh is a stud. Almost single-handedly denied Texas the BCS Championship game. My guess is Ingram wins it but Suh is still a solid pick. If Mr. T has some cojones he trades the remaining draft picks we have for the next Reggie White.

NO! No more trading up. We need what few picks we have left.

Although maybe Cleveland get the #1 pick and Mangini is still HC we can make the trade for Wallace Wright, Danny Woodhead and a Big Mac meal.

LOL, you're doing a fine job.

I know this. I mean, why do you think I say half the things I do? And then people read these posts, and then still don't get it. I rise up the posts counts, baby. That's why I get paid the big bucks by Max. :cheers:

For one season? Yes. Absolutely. I prefer someone who is a grounder & pounder as opposed to someone whose going to get me 600-700yds receiving and only 1,000yds rushing.

Rice is only used out of the backfield so often because Baltimore has 1 NFL starting WR on their roster.

I bet you in this current Jets offense, if you gave Rice and TJ the same amount of carries, Rice would do significantly better. He is faster, quicker, stronger, actually breaks tackles, hits the hole harder, and knows how to make people miss. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

I bet you in this current Jets offense, if you gave Rice and TJ the same amount of carries, Rice would do significantly better. He is faster, quicker, stronger, actually breaks tackles, hits the hole harder, and knows how to make people miss. I guess we can just agree to disagree.

Leon Washington > Ray Rice.

Agree, we should just agree to disagree. You aren't a RU fan, so I have no other agenda with you. ;)

Originally Posted by PS17 viewpost.gif

But Jones has bigger arms, so WTF are you talking about?

You realize that hurts him, dont you?

If there's one thing you're good at it's talking out of your ass.

Suh does not have the statistical numbers worthy of a Heisman trophy.

47 solo tackles, 12 sacks.

Doesn't cut it when you have Ingram & Tebow in the discussion. You would need 18-20 sacks to contend with their numbers.

He's good, he and Cody, they'll both be good in the pro's IMO, but a DL is just not Heisman worthy unless he's putting up 20 sacks/60 solo tackles, at the least, especially with the numbers posted by Tebow and Ingram.

You really are a ****ing moron.

This guy is the most dominant defensive player in a while.

Another retarded statement. Cody isn't even in the same league as Suh.

I'm sure it is.

You're still a moron and prove it every time you post.

Can you make a point without personally attacking other posters? It is alright to disagree. It isn't alright to attack others.

Colt Mccoy

Tim Tebow

Mark Ingram

Toby Gerhart

Njbfjdsp Suh

CJ Spiller snubbed.

If there were ever a year they bypass the award, its this one. Tebow and Mccoy really dont even deserve to be there.

Im surprised they're not renaming the Heisman the Tebow to be honest.

Please read my sig...courtesy of DarkLadyJets.

Archived