Heisman Finalists

Matt39

Ingram had swine Flu vs FIU, played sparingly

Vs Arkansas he had 2 TDs,not a great game

Auburn's goal was clear keep Ingram from winning Heisman.

Against Arkansas he had 17 carries for 50 yards (2.9 ave) and had one TD as well as 21 receiving yards and a TD. You're right that's not a great game it was crap.

Auburn did their job then because he doesn't deserve the Heisman after that game. 16 carries for 30 yards (1.9 ave) and 0 Tds. If you take away his one long run he averaged 1.47 yards a carry (real Heisman like). Richardson had more rushing and receiving yards, a better average and scored. Did Auburn stop playing when he was in?

Ingram might deserve it next year but he doesn't this year.

Gerhart was by far a better RB this year then Ingram that's why he won the Doak Walker award and not Ingram.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Against Arkansas he had 17 carries for 50 yards (2.9 ave) and had one TD as well as 21 receiving yards and a TD. You're right that's not a great game it was crap.

Auburn did their job then because he doesn't deserve the Heisman after that game. 16 carries for 30 yards (1.9 ave) and 0 Tds. If you take away his one long run he averaged 1.47 yards a carry (real Heisman like). Richardson had more rushing and receiving yards, a better average and scored. Did Auburn stop playing when he was in?

Ingram might deserve it next year but he doesn't this year.

Gerhart was by far a better RB this year then Ingram that's why he won the Doak Walker award and not Ingram.

What was Ingram's Yard per carrie vs Gerhart?

They keyed on Ingram the whole game, when trent was in game they

went to a base D ..Did u watch game?

What was Ingram's Yard per carrie vs Gerhart?

Gerhart was the main weapon of Stanford and was always keyed on and still showed up every game. If Ingram was a better RB this year he would have won the Doak Walker award and he didn't.

We can do this all day and it's not going to change that fact that neither are going to win it because McCoy probably is.

Yeah, they lined up in a bear front with both the guards and centers covered head on with 8-9 in the box every single time he stepped on the field. They stayed mostly in the same formation for Richardson, but the LB's backed off and also that type of formation is designed to force the RB to the outside at all times, which is a good plan for stopping a back like Ingram, but horrible for a guy like Richardson. What struck me as odd was the fact that Florida didn't make much of an effort to do the same. It was an excellent game plan on Auburn's part. However it's certainly a credit to him that he played like he did the next week considering that stinger he took on the hip.

If McCoy wins this award, it's going to be more or less, a lifetime achievement award. There really wasn't anyone more dominate than Kong, plus he has that signature game against McCoy and his longhorns, that the voters always love....granted, a lot of the votes were already in before that game.

i will utterly Puke if colt wins

Ingram or SUh only choice

Was there any doubt?

Congrats Mark.

Pac10 players don't deserve these rewards.

Not always, but this season exactly yeah.

Ingram faced a great defense every week. Gerhard, nice player, did not. And after their respective NFL careers are done (which admittedly is not the criterion) that will be clear. Seriously-you draft for an NFL team, both are on the board, and it's not a decision-it's Ingram.

Not always, but this season exactly yeah.

Ingram faced a great defense every week. Gerhard, nice player, did not. And after their respective NFL careers are done (which admittedly is not the criterion) that will be clear. Seriously-you draft for an NFL team, both are on the board, and it's not a decision-it's Ingram.

I agree 100% but the award has nothing to do with the NFL or what you might do in the NFL it's about college and Gerhart was the best running back in college not Ingram.

If I was so wrong RJF why was the voting so close? Were all the people that voted for Gerhart wrong as well? And Suh should of had more votes.

Sigh...and the chest thumping continues regardless. At least you're consistent.

I'll never back down if I think I'm right but I will say I was wrong if I believe what I said was wrong at the time. I have a few times on this board said I was wrong, I have no problem doing it. In this case I do think I'm right but it's done and over with so there's no point continuing unless of course someone thinks I'm wrong. :box:

I agree 100% but the award has nothing to do with the NFL or what you might do in the NFL it's about college and Gerhart was the best running back in college not Ingram.

If I was so wrong RJF why was the voting so close? Were all the people that voted for Gerhart wrong as well? And Suh should of had more votes.

why

1) some voters just looks at total stats and they do not peel back the onion.

2) Some voters are freakin racist....hello Lou Holtz.

3) gerhart deserved to be in top3 and he did. He just did not have any

Heisman moments, it did not help him that Dame and USC suked this

year

why

1) some voters just looks at total stats and they do not peel back the onion.

2) Some voters are freakin racist....hello Lou Holtz.

3) gerhart deserved to be in top3 and he did. He just did not have any

Heisman moments, it did not help him that Dame and USC suked this

year

I believe the only reason Ingram won was because he plays for a bigger football school. If Gerhart played for Notre Dame even with the crappy year they had he would have won quite easily.

I'm just sick of the way college football does stuff. The BCS is a joke as well as their awards. IMO the only players that should be in the running for the Heisman are the ones that won the award for their position.

You can't tell me it's not retard that Gerhart wins the best running back but loses the best player to another running back, it doesn't make any sense and it happens all the time. A QB wins the Davey O'Brien Award then loses the Heisman to another QB. Of course players that are great on ST as well as being good at their normal position would be an exception but this time it's not the case.

If the NCAA wants to keep things the way they are in football they should just make a Premier Division with a handful of teams that have a chance to play for the BCS Championship or have a chance at the Heisman. Over 90% of the winners come from programs that get more coverage.

Also Ingram had to many non Heisman moments, I don't think a running back has ever won the Heisman that had two bad games against rival schools, one that was very bad. Heisman winners should so up every game and especially against rivals. I'd have to look it up I didn't do any research on it so I could be wrong.

I believe the only reason Ingram won was because he plays for a bigger football school. If Gerhart played for Notre Dame even with the crappy year they had he would have won quite easily.

I'm just sick of the way college football does stuff. The BCS is a joke as well as their awards. IMO the only players that should be in the running for the Heisman are the ones that won the award for their position.

You can't tell me it's not retard that Gerhart wins the best running back but loses the best player to another running back, it doesn't make any sense and it happens all the time. A QB wins the Davey O'Brien Award then loses the Heisman to another QB. Of course players that are great on ST as well as being good at their normal position would be an exception but this time it's not the case.

If the NCAA wants to keep things the way they are in football they should just make a Premier Division with a handful of teams that have a chance to play for the BCS Championship or have a chance at the Heisman. Over 90% of the winners come from programs that get more coverage.

Also Ingram had to many non Heisman moments, I don't think a running back has ever won the Heisman that had two bad games against rival schools, one that was very bad. Heisman winners should so up every game and especially against rivals. I'd have to look it up I didn't do any research on it so I could be wrong.

well 180 plus yds in the semi finals vs the #1 ranked defense in country

vs SC at top 15 ranked Defense

Spiller ran for 18 yds while MI ran for 246

Auburn was only bad game and RJF already gave you the reason.

Yards per carrie was 6.5 yds, 1 yd more than gerhart

You told everyone Ingram wouldn't win.

Ingram won.

This isn't hard to understand. Really, it isn't.

I thought McCoy was going to win but I thought and still think Gerhart should have won. IMO Ingram didn't deserve the award, he even said himself that he played like **** in the Auburn game.

And we all know that NCAA Football is always fair.

We can go back and forth till the next Heisman and there's no one that is going to get me to change my mind. Gerhart was a better RB this year then Ingram and should not have won the Heisman. Gerahrt did everything he could to win it other then play for a school that narrow minded people think are the only ones that should play for the National Championship or win a Heisman.

If Rutgers goes undefeated they're not playing for the Championship and there is almost no chance in hell that one of their players are going to win the Heisman.

The system is a joke.

Wow, just wow. What a lame attempt at a SAR-esque copout.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1460430&postcount=95

Wrong, wrong, wrongity wrong wrong wrong.

Not really, I didn't think a Sophomore that played 3 bad games and one that was awful would win over McCoy who everyone was talking about and Gerhart who was by far more dominate then Ingram. I said there's no way in hell he'll win obviously I was wrong but that doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have won.

Not really, I didn't think a Sophomore that played 3 bad games and one that was awful would win over McCoy who everyone was talking about and Gerhart who was by far more dominate then Ingram. I said there's no way in hell he'll win obviously I was wrong but that doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have won.

3 bad games lol

He was sick vs FIU and they did not need him for that game

Arkansas he had 2 TD's, not so bad

Mccoy suked most of year, played 2 defs and was gawd awful in both

3 bad games lol

He was sick vs FIU and they did not need him for that game

Arkansas he had 2 TD's, not so bad

Mccoy suked most of year, played 2 defs and was gawd awful in both

I didn't think McCoy should have won, I just thought he was going to.

Yes he did play bad 2 TDs against a crap team that's a rival, 2nd on the team in rushing and averaging under 3 yards a carry isn't Heisman material. One of his TDs was receiving.

Also who did Florida play this year that was any good? They might have been the most overrated team in the last ten years.

The vote went:

1. Ingram

2. Gerhart

3. McCoy

4. Suh

and in a VERY distant 5th....Tebow.

Similar to how I would have ranked them, except I would have had Gerhart at # 1, slightly ahead of Ingram, and would have put Suh slightly over McCoy. The voters did a great job, and Ingram was absolutely worthy; Gerhart was also worthy of being a close 2nd.

Could Alabama get the trifecta? SEC Title, Heisman AND National Title? History isn't on their side. Only 1 of the last 10 Heisman winners to play in the championship game have won (Leinart, 2004). Still, I love their chances, and even though I don't like Nick Saban much, I'll be pulling for them; I love how their team plays.

As for those of you saying Suh wasn't worthy (ahem...124), this award is about the most outstaning college football player in the country. Its not an award for QB's and RB's or who had the best fantasy football statistics. I think the amount of votes Suh got, easily eclipsing Tebow and not far behind McCoy, prove that.

Suh was a great, great player this year, was utterly amazing in the Big 12 title game where it counted, and if it weren't for a stacked class (and perhaps if it weren't for Texas winning that Big 12 title game), Suh could have taken the award, and been very deserving.

Think before you speak.

Archived