Trouble in Paradise?

Lupz27

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Four New England Patriots players, including receiver Randy Moss, were sent home from Gillette Stadium for being late for an 8 a.m. meeting Wednesday, according to a league source.In addition to Moss, the other players were defensive end Derrick Burgess and linebackers Adalius Thomas and Gary Guyton, according to the source. The players were apparently delayed by weather conditions. All four were absent from Wednesday afternoon's practice.

The story was first reported by the Providence Journal.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick did not confirm the report.

"Anything that happens with discipline on the team will stay between me and the players," Belichick said Wednesday morning.

Tom Brady also declined to discuss the report, speaking generally about Belichick's role as coach and his job as quarterback.

"You guys find out everything these days," Brady told reporters during his weekly news conference Wednesday. "That's coach's decision. The guys that are here, I have to do my job, I have plenty of things to do. Like I said, I have show up every day and bring whatever I have -- the energy and leadership that I have to this team. That's what I owe those guys. That's what my job is."

Veteran running back Kevin Faulk was asked if he thinks Coach Belichick handles those types of disciplinary situations well.

"That's why he's the coach and I'm the player," said Faulk, who earlier deferred questions on the topic to Belichick.

Outside linebacker Tully Banta-Cain was asked if he was frustrated that three defensive teammates were reportedly sent home.

"You know what, I have no comment on that. I really don't know the situation," he said. "If they were sent home, that's Bill's deal. Hopefully I'll see them tomorrow."

Lets hope this team is starting to fall apart and they do indeed lose 2 of there last 4.

Lets hope this team is starting to fall apart and they do indeed lose 2 of there last 4.

i cann see hoping for them to continue their fall from dominance...but to take this as a sign that the team is falling apart id stupid, imo. people have been saying the same things about ryan and the jets.......he cried, so the team is about to implode. stupid if you ask me.

Thomas has been whining about how he is being used for awhile.

Burgess is nowhere near what he was in Oakland a few years back.

Even the great Moss, if you watched the Saints game especially is starting to show some alligator arms on some passes and he isn't fighting for balls like he did when he first got there.

They are a team that is going through some transitition. There will be no Super Bowl for the Pats (Again). It will be interesting though to see if this continues to snowball.

All because of a dumb 4 and 2 call by Bellicheat.

Even the great Moss, if you watched the Saints game especially is starting to show some alligator arms on some passes and he isn't fighting for balls like he did when he first got there.

They are a team that is going through some transitition. There will be no Super Bowl for the Pats (Again). It will be interesting though to see if this continues to snowball.

i think pats go for Dez Bryant and cut Moss IMO

I hate Bellicheat as much as anyone. But who's to say this isn't him laying down the law before a playoff push?

They're in. They will win the division and probably the #2 seed in the AFC, and figure to win that home game. The Bolts aren't winning in Foxboro.

The only real issue is how the team responds to playing on the road vs. the Colts in the AFC title game.

Moss is and always was a turd, but can he and the others stay in line for another 6 weeks? That's all that matters.

As to thr 4th and 2 call-either you make a first down with your great QB and good OL and decent backs and end the game or face the prospect of Manning driving the field, be it 65 or 35 yarda against a bad Pats defense. That call wasn't that big a deal.

I hate Bellicheat as much as anyone. But who's to say this isn't him laying down the law before a playoff push?

They're in. They will win the division and probably the #2 seed in the AFC, and figure to win that home game. The Bolts aren't winning in Foxboro.

The only real issue is how the team responds to playing on the road vs. the Colts in the AFC title game.

Moss is and always was a turd, but can he and the others stay in line for another 6 weeks? That's all that matters.

As to thr 4th and 2 call-either you make a first down with your great QB and good OL and decent backs and end the game or face the prospect of Manning driving the field, be it 65 or 35 yarda against a bad Pats defense. That call wasn't that big a deal.

I think that call was big deal in the sense that BB was sending out the signal that he didn't trust his defense could make one big stop with the game on the line.

Here is what I agree on with you on the Pats.

They are in the playoffs...

A 2 seed though ? Being that they are already 2 behind the Bengals they would need a Cincy collapse to get the two seed and I don't see that.

I would be shocked if though if they totally collapsed. I don't know though right now if they win a playoff game.

Denver has owned the Pats the last couple of years so even with the Pats hosting a wild card game against Denver I think they would have a very hard time.

Even if they do win that game can you see them going to either SD or Indy and winning ?

You never heard of BB having to lay down the law up there. That was always taken care of by the players. That is why guys like Moss and Corey Dillon toed the line. They not only had to answer to BB but guys like Seymour, Bruschi, Rodney Harrison.

In the what last two years they have lost Bruschi, Seymour, Vrabel, Samuel. A major core of that defense has been ripped out the past two years and they haven't really been replaced. Mayo is a going to be great but right now he doesn't carry to leadership that Bruschi did.

The Pats will make the playoffs but their stay will be very short.

I think that call was big deal in the sense that BB was sending out the signal that he didn't trust his defense could make one big stop with the game on the line.

Here is what I agree on with you on the Pats.

They are in the playoffs...

A 2 seed though ? Being that they are already 2 behind the Bengals they would need a Cincy collapse to get the two seed and I don't see that.

I would be shocked if though if they totally collapsed. I don't know though right now if they win a playoff game.

Denver has owned the Pats the last couple of years so even with the Pats hosting a wild card game against Denver I think they would have a very hard time.

Even if they do win that game can you see them going to either SD or Indy and winning ?

You never heard of BB having to lay down the law up there. That was always taken care of by the players. That is why guys like Moss and Corey Dillon toed the line. They not only had to answer to BB but guys like Seymour, Bruschi, Rodney Harrison.

In the what last two years they have lost Bruschi, Seymour, Vrabel, Samuel. A major core of that defense has been ripped out the past two years and they haven't really been replaced. Mayo is a going to be great but right now he doesn't carry to leadership that Bruschi did.

The Pats will make the playoffs but their stay will be very short.

pats will be 4th seed, do not see Bolts losing 2 games either

Archived