For the fire Herm contingent

Scott Dierking

You are really approaching this the wrong way if you want to essentially "start over"

Unless you are in the Hendu camp, whiuch I woudl not feel real comfortable about as a head coach, if you really want to make changes, you start with Bradway.

You can't saddle a new GM with a Head Coach that he hasn't named.

If you are going to do this right , start at the GM and let him name his head coach. To do that, you have to wait until teh season ends.

I will throw 2 names out there that I believe would escalate our pro-personnel evaluations tremendously:

Tom Heckert, or

Tom Modrack.

Preferably Heckert. He is teh usnsung hero of teh Eagles draft and comes from a winning organization. Check his drafting record. Impeccable.

If we are going to do this-Let's do it right for a change. Get Heckert or Modrack, I am all in

You are really approaching this the wrong way if you want to essentially "start over"

Unless you are in the Hendu camp, whiuch I woudl not feel real comfortable about as a head coach, if you really want to make changes, you start with Bradway.

You can't saddle a new GM with a Head Coach that he hasn't named.

If you are going to do this right , start at the GM and let him name his head coach. To do that, you have to wait until teh season ends.

I will throw 2 names out there that I believe would escalate our pro-personnel evaluations tremendously:

Tom Heckert, or

Tom Modrack.

Preferably Heckert. He is teh usnsung hero of teh Eagles draft and comes from a winning organization. Check his drafting record. Impeccable.

If we are going to do this-Let's do it right for a change. Get Heckert or Modrack, I am all in

well thought of post..agree,,,IF we can get him what u think or Ron Wolfe????

I don't know if going for Wolf is chasing the past or not. Probably cost this franchise in ways big and small when he left Steinberg to run the Packers, and when he managed to make the trade for Favre he just missed making here. Question becomes whether Wolf wants to work, and is there a young version of ROn Wolf out there to be hired.

well thought of post..agree,,,IF we can get him what u think or Ron Wolfe????

SJ-I view Wolfe the same as I do Parcells-Pnly if all other "best Options" are spent and you hve to have someone to lay credibility back in.

I much rather have someone who has qualifications, but has something to PROVE to teh league yet. Wolf is just looking (if in fact he is looking) for someplace to wind down.

I also thought that he was enamored with managing an "original" NFL franchise. Wh wants that?

Woody needs to casually bump into Heckert at a restaurant in teh next month or so and begin talking.

I have no idea if Wolfe is Glen Sather looking for that one last payday while gliding by on his wya to the links, or Lou Lamiarello, who figures to work and not stop until he's ready to go home for good.

Think you're probably right-you need a young tireless guy looking to make a name for himself. Which Bradway was only 5 years ago.

I have no idea if Wolfe is Glen Sather looking for that one last payday while gliding by on his wya to the links, or Lou Lamiarello, who figures to work and not stop until he's ready to go home for good.

Think you're probably right-you need a young tireless guy looking to make a name for himself. Which Bradway was only 5 years ago.

Look at the Eagles draft records. Look at the players that they have taken and started right away. Look at their record of acquiring picks. Look at how they manage the cap.

Reid is GM by name, certainly. But Tom Heckert is the pro-personnel director. Think Reid is evaluating those college players? No way.

The Eagles are the model franchise (Sorry TX), as it relates to personnel decisions and drafting.

I want that.

This team si really not far off. I do agree though, I seriosuly think we need a change. I love Herm as a person, but as a head coach, he leaves much to be desired.

Is he in a bind because he lost TWO qb's? Yes

Here is the issue. has Herm really improved?

Seriously.

Can we win with a coach who is learning on the ropes? I personally have an issue with Herm handcuffing his OC yesterday. To try and protect the kid is one thing, to play so conservative as to not have a chance to win is another. Herm is like that guy that has a crush on some chick, but doesn't take a chance on asking her out, because he's afraid of getting turned down.

You cannot get rid of Herm alone. Bradway must go as well. I do like what he's done with this team the last two seasons, but a new GM should be in place, one that has a chance to pick his guy. Just make sure that the new GM is not Jerry Angelo, who will undoubtedly get the ax in Chicago this season.

I am not for making wholesale changes, though. We have good, young, solid players in Barton, Vilma, Cotchery, Coles, Baker, Abe, Ellis, DRob, Miller, Strait, Coleman, Rhodes, Moore, Houston, and Blaylock. I think our O line needs to be rebuilt, though.

I also think we need someone in here who can clean up some of Bradway's earlier mistakes. Thomas is talented, but still can't get to the qb and makes too much money as a reserve. Either cut his ass or redo his deal to soemthing that is much more sensible.

Archived