Sox close to signing Lackey?

Lil Bit Special

Man GTFOH, the Sox can have all the pitching they want, but if they have noone to hit they will continue to blow. The Yankees are the team to beat until someone usurps them.

What about the moron Phillies getting rid of Cliff Lee for Halladay...How much you wanna bet the Yanks will swing a trade with the Mariners and aquire Lee?

well first of all.....halladay>lee.

second...why would the mariners give up a few prospects for an ace only to turn around and trade him to the yankee? the mariners now have a great 1-2 punch.....why in the world do you think they're gonna trade him to the yankees? because you'd like him in you rotation? the mariners want to try to win this year. lee is a FA next year anyway. if he gets traded if will be at the dealine if the mariners are selling.

The signings of John Lackey to a five-year deal in the $82.5 million range and Mike Cameron to a two-year, $15.5 million contract would push the Sox payroll — as calculated for Major League Baseball’s luxury tax purposes — to an all-time franchise high.

Based on salary projections for the players who were offered contracts last Saturday, the Sox are already nearing the $170 million threshold for 2010 at which clubs will be assessed a luxury tax penalty.

Wow

I don't care if he looks like Sloth from the Goonies, as long as he pitches well.

He kind of does.

Heard both players pressers today. Cameron came off as a good dude, same with Lacky - although man, he has a goofy voice that matches his visual perfectly. Almost cartoonish. Guess his wife is fom New Hampshire and a UNH grad...according to him, she was instrumental in getting him to the Sox...along with all the dinero, of course.:) Additionally, I hear Adrien Gonzales is a definite possibility to the Sox....especially with former Epstein butt-boy, Jed Hoyer, running things in San Diego now. I just knew the Sox were going to go on a spending spree when both Epstein and Lucchino said, seperately, during local interviews that they were going to be fiscally conservative this year. Hahahahaha.....always beleive the EXACT OPPOSITE of what comes out of their mouths. I guess I can't blame them. It's always a cat and mouse game with the Boston Media.

He kind of does.

Heard both players pressers today. Cameron came off as a good dude, same with Lacky - although man, he has a goofy voice that matches his visual perfectly. Almost cartoonish. Guess his wife is fom New Hampshire and a UNH grad...according to him, she was instrumental in getting him to the Sox...along with all the dinero, of course.:) Additionally, I hear Adrien Gonzales is a definite possibility to the Sox....especially with former Epstein butt-boy, Jed Hoyer, running things in San Diego now. I just knew the Sox were going to go on a spending spree when both Epstein and Lucchino said, seperately, during local interviews that they were going to be fiscally conservative this year. Hahahahaha.....always beleive the EXACT OPPOSITE of what comes out of their mouths. I guess I can't blame them. It's always a cat and mouse game with the Boston Media.

Do you root for the Red Sox? I've always gotten the sense that you hate them. lol

You **** up by posting about something that you have idea of, yet I'm the douchenozzle. I love JonE world. I think that's a place I'd like to visit.

You want to see damaged goods? Check out Burnett's injury history.

That damn AJ...

What has he done the last two years...

Lead the league in strikeouts...

And win a World Series...

That guy is hurt all the time! :rolleyes:

Do you root for the Red Sox? I've always gotten the sense that you hate them. lol

Nope. I can't help but know what's going on. I live in Boston and today was non-stop Red Sox talk...and of course, the "was randy loafing or not" story line. Ahhhh...Boston, freakin' cess pool of mediots.

Nope. I can't help but know what's going on. I live in Boston and today was non-stop Red Sox talk...and of course, the "was randy loafing or not" story line. Ahhhh...Boston, freakin' cess pool of mediots.

The mediots are in every city. Anyway, who do you root for in baseball?

He kind of does.

John Lackey's wife is hot. She got him to come to Boston. I like her already.

That damn AJ...

What has he done the last two years...

Lead the league in strikeouts...

And win a World Series...

That guy is hurt all the time! :rolleyes:

I know, good for him. He's had 10 trips to the DL in his career, good for him for seemingly getting past that. Hopefully Lackey can do the same.

I know, good for him. He's had 10 trips to the DL in his career, good for him for seemingly getting past that. Hopefully Lackey can do the same.

As you know, most Yank fans were big proponents of signing Lackey...

I won't downplay a rival getting stronger...

And I'm certainly not going to knock their payroll thus far...

Was a great signing...

Will make the race interesting this season...

Even though we know the outcome already ;)

As you know, most Yank fans were big proponents of signing Lackey...

I won't downplay a rival getting stronger...

And I'm certainly not going to knock their payroll thus far...

Was a great signing...

Will make the race interesting this season...

Even though we know the outcome already ;)

Yep, close to 170 million.:eek:

If they can get Gonzalez from the Pods, it will be a very interesting season.

1. The trade is probably not going to happen and if it does it won't happen until next offseason or the middle of next season because the PAdres still hav control.

2. Ellsbury is overrated? By who? He's a top base stealer who is dynamite on the basepaths and he's still young. He also gets to balls in CF that most players don't even dream of.

3. Buchholz would definitely be involved and he's got top of the rotation stuff written all over him.

I 'dunno Carl. If you heard Cameron's press conference yesterday you got the distinct feeling he will be playing center field. Cameron went so far to say that he called Ells to see if he was cool with the trade. Theo was mum about where Cameron will play. Ditto Francona. Theo has been a Cameron fan for years.....during the press conference he stated that he's been wanting to get this guy for the past three years. If they have to move Ells for Gonzo, they will.

Archived