Another new piece of tailgate gear..

Just bought this over at amazon. Gonna test it out this weekend at the game and do a review. I actually have a lot of gear reviews to do on stuff over the next few weeks. I think I may throw some boiling oil in a pot on top of this and fry up something, and maybe throw a flat top griddle on top of it for bacon. BACON WHOOT WHOOT!! This thing has 3 30,000 btu burners. As a reference, Viking pro ranges have 18,500 btu burners and their commercial line for pro commercial kitchens has the same 30,000 btu burners. Most home kitchens have ranges with one high output burner that gets to 14-16,000 btus. You won't find anything in a home kitchen with more than 18,000 btus. Heck, the TailgateJoe Test Kitchen has a full on Vulcan restaurant oven/range and that thing is only 2,000 btus better at 32,000! It is going to be fried bacon madness at tailgatejoe!!!

41BQBXEM4TL._SS500_.jpg

Be careful Joe I put a flat top griddle on top of a similiar burner and it buckled the metal grate from the heat. I would check with the manufacturer to see if its ok to do it. Im really going to have to try and make an all out effort to attend 1 of the 2 remaining tailgates that you host. If not this year most definitely next year. Enjoy.

Be careful Joe I put a flat top griddle on top of a similiar burner and it buckled the metal grate from the heat. I would check with the manufacturer to see if its ok to do it. Im really going to have to try and make an all out effort to attend 1 of the 2 remaining tailgates that you host. If not this year most definitely next year. Enjoy.

They actually sell them for it, but thanks for the heads up i will keep an eye out for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived