DEN 8-6, 6-5

JAX 7-7, 6-4

MIA 7-7, 4-2, 5-5

NYJ 7-7, 2-4, 5-5

PIT 7-7, 4-6

TEN 7-7, 4-7

HOU 7-7, 4-6

Here is the order right now.

In order to have a shot, we need MIA to lose. That tie is broken 1st. After that, there are MANY possibilities. JAX would have a tiebreaker over us, but we can still make it it BAL and DEN lose and JAX doesn't.

This could come down to "Strength of Victory" type tiebreakers.

JAX plays @NE and @CLE.. I'd say they go 1-1, although NE locked up the division today.

DEN plays @PHI and KC. I 'd say they also go 1-1. They'd be 7-5 in conference

MIA plays HOU and PIT. They'd lose one I believe. Doesn't matter if it is PIT, we'd beat them in tiebreakers

BAL plays @PIT and @OAK. Again, I think 1-1.

I think at the end of the day, DEN, BAL, PIT and HOU (NE will rest in week 17) end up 9-7.

Can the NYJ get there? Unlikely, but they can. Let's say they do for arguments sake.

DEN would be 9-7, 7-5

BAL would be 9-7, 7-5

PIT would be 9-7, 6-6

HOU would be 9-7, 6-6

NYJ would be 9-7, 7-5

OK, so quickly PIT and HOU go away.

That leaves BAL, DEN, NYJ tied for 2 spots. You break the tie for #5 first, then go onto #6.

We'd all be 7-5 in the conference. We'd meet the requirement of having 4 common games (NE, IND, OAK, CIN). Assuming everything I assumed above, we'd be 4-1 in games against those teams. DEN would be 3-2, and BAL would be 1-4, and WE'D GET THE SPOT.

That's what kills me about today. If we won today, we'd have the 5th friggen seed and control our destiny!!!!

BAL 8-6, 6-4

DEN 8-6, 6-5

JAX 7-7, 6-4

MIA 7-7, 4-2, 5-5

NYJ 7-7, 2-4, 5-5

PIT 7-7, 4-6

TEN 7-7, 4-7

HOU 7-7, 4-6

In order to have a shot, we need MIA to lose. That tie is broken 1st. After that, there are MANY possibilities. JAX would have a tiebreaker over us, but we can still make it it BAL and DEN lose and JAX doesn't.

JAX plays @NE and @CLE.. I'd say they go 1-1, although NE locked up the division today.

MIA plays HOU and PIT. They'd lose one I believe. Doesn't matter if it is PIT, we'd beat them in tiebreakers

I think at the end of the day, DEN, BAL, PIT and HOU (NE will rest in week 17) end up 9-7.

Can the NYJ get there? Unlikely, but they can. Let's say they do for arguments sake.

DEN would be 9-7, 7-5

BAL would be 9-7, 7-5

PIT would be 9-7, 6-6

HOU would be 9-7, 6-6

NYJ would be 9-7, 7-5

That leaves BAL, DEN, NYJ tied for 2 spots. You break the tie for #5 first, then go onto #6.

We'd all be 7-5 in the conference. We'd meet the requirement of having 4 common games (NE, IND, OAK, CIN). Assuming everything I assumed above, we'd be 4-1 in games against those teams. DEN would be 3-2, and BAL would be 1-4, and WE'D GET THE SPOT.

That's what kills me about today. If we won today, we'd have the 5th friggen seed and control our destiny!!!!

If we had won today we would have had the 6th seed, not the 5th. Balt. would be the 5th.

BAL 8-6, 6-4

DEN 8-6, 6-5

JAX 7-7, 6-4

MIA 7-7, 4-2, 5-5

NYJ 7-7, 2-4, 5-5

PIT 7-7, 4-6

TEN 7-7, 4-7

HOU 7-7, 4-6

DEN would be 9-7, 7-5

BAL would be 9-7, 7-5

PIT would be 9-7, 6-6

HOU would be 9-7, 6-6

NYJ would be 9-7, 7-5

Once upon a time and then we get our ass kicked by the Oilers. The end.

081797coslet_380x402.jpg

anyone who had playoff expectations coming into this week should still have them after today.

I can see jax losing @NE denver losing @philly next week But I see miami beating houston and I cant even pick baltimore and pitt.

if we won we would then pass jax, tie denver, stay with miami, and lets say baltimore lost we would be tied with them

week 17

I see pitt beating miami, jax beating cleveland, baltimore beating oakland, denver beating KC

if we beat the bengals then the final standings would be

baltimore 9-7

denver 9-7

pitt 9-7

jets 9-7

miami 8-8

jax 8-8

we would get in, and that situation is realistic. the only doubt i have is baltimore beating pitt and miami losing to houston or pitt because i can see them winning both.

lets say miami won out and eveything else stayed the same we would have the 6th seed miami 5th seed.

lets say miami lost one but baltimore won out. we would still have the 6th seed.

but if they both lost we would get the 5th seed.

so if u thought we could win out and make it in this loss shouldnt make u doubt it because from the start u expected to beat indy and cincy. if we lost a game it would have to be an NFC team which it was and we would need upsets like oakland beating denver.

The Jets don't deserve to make the playoffs. And if we make it were one and done with Sanchez as the QB. I'm sick of the Jet coaches, players and fans saying the kinds of things that people associated with loser teams say. Formulating complicated scenarios is one of those things, here are some more things in that category:

- saying "were the team nobody wants to play." Only loser teams talk like this.

- saying "were just a few plays away from having a winning record." Again, this is loser talk.

- "we just need to play better in the fourth quarter." So does every other crappy team. It starts with not being crappy.

- keeping your fingers crossed that key players who always screw up won't screw up this time. Kerry Rhodes will always miss tackles. Sanchez will always turn the ball over. Get used to it.

Anyway, great teams usually have great ownership. We have Flaccid Johnson.

anyone who had playoff expectations coming into this week should still have them after today.

I can see jax losing @NE denver losing @philly next week But I see miami beating houston and I cant even pick baltimore and pitt.

if we won we would then pass jax, tie denver, stay with miami, and lets say baltimore lost we would be tied with them

week 17

I see pitt beating miami, jax beating cleveland, baltimore beating oakland, denver beating KC

if we beat the bengals then the final standings would be

baltimore 9-7

denver 9-7

pitt 9-7

jets 9-7

miami 8-8

jax 8-8

we would get in, and that situation is realistic. the only doubt i have is baltimore beating pitt and miami losing to houston or pitt because i can see them winning both.

lets say miami won out and eveything else stayed the same we would have the 6th seed miami 5th seed.

lets say miami lost one but baltimore won out. we would still have the 6th seed.

but if they both lost we would get the 5th seed.

so if u thought we could win out and make it in this loss shouldnt make u doubt it because from the start u expected to beat indy and cincy. if we lost a game it would have to be an NFC team which it was and we would need upsets like oakland beating denver.

How about the S.O.J.'s beating the undefeated Colts? ...gives me the slightest bit of doubt.:rolleyes:

Im done caring or watching this team until they can put a winning team on the field. This team is a joke and an embarrassment. To play this way against an opponent who is out of the playoff race in december is unforgivable.

I have hung in there my entire life but I really think this is the last straw for me. Plus maybe if enough people feel the same way this will actually help the team. If your team is full of fans who just blindly follow and love a team no matter what then, the team has no incentive to improve themselves. We need to make management work to gain us back, although it could be a long wait trying to shake the SOJ out of this franchise.

Archived