If you EXPECTED playoffs then it's your bad

s dubb

If you expected playoffs it's your bad fellaz. Rookie Q.B's don't make the playoffs. Flacco and Matt Ryan are exceptions to the rule, erase that rule from your noggin. 9 times out of ten top 10 picks don't make the playoffs their 1st year bottom line.

If you mentally raised the bar and feel like you've had your heart ripped out then shame on you. History suggests this doesn't happen.

In the end I'm glad Mark started this year, with 1 year in college he needs work and experience. Marks got the goods, he has a hard time reading coverages which is always the case for rookies, the more he sees the more he'll grow. We all knew this was going to happen. I personally wasn't gun-ho for the playoffs because I know that Mark is learning and is new to the pros. It was bound to happen.

However, there is a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to.

- We have Rex and that defense will always been good.

- We have a damn good GM

- We draft as well as any team in the league

- Our trenches are fortified

Lots to look forward to guys and lets be honest, even if we did get into the playoffs, do you think we'd have an actual shot at the superbowl with Marks play?.. come on guys, stop it. You're kidding yourself.

The future is bright for the next 5 years with this club. We'll be in the new diggs next year and get rid of that ugly,cursed sh*thole stadium.

New beginnings guys, Mark will get better. Chin up guys.:cheers:

My season expectations were 8-8.

But I dont watch games for the overall performance. Im a die hard. I live and die by every game. When they lose Im pissed. When they win Im happy.

I enjoy the journey. just because I expected them to be mediocre and they lived up to those expectations doesnt mean that I cant be pissed at this team for missed chances and opportunities.

Expectations change, and it's also rare that a team that was 8-3 at one point the prior season gets a top 10 pick. The last time I remember a good team taking a QB with a high pick and starting him was actually Ben Roethlisberger of the Steelers...and they made the playoffs that year.

You can't really spin this away, it was a pathetic loss and it was SOJ.

Expectations change, and it's also rare that a team that was 8-3 at one point the prior season gets a top 10 pick. The last time I remember a good team taking a QB with a high pick and starting him was actually Ben Roethlisberger of the Steelers...and they made the playoffs that year.

You can't really spin this away, it was a pathetic loss and it was SOJ.

I agree...but we originally had the 17th pick before we traded up.

If you expected playoffs it's your bad fellaz. Rookie Q.B's don't make the playoffs. Flacco and Matt Ryan are exceptions to the rule, erase that rule from your noggin. 9 times out of ten top 10 picks don't make the playoffs their 1st year bottom line.

If you mentally raised the bar and feel like you've had your heart ripped out then shame on you. History suggests this doesn't happen.

In the end I'm glad Mark started this year, with 1 year in college he needs work and experience. Marks got the goods, he has a hard time reading coverages which is always the case for rookies, the more he sees the more he'll grow. We all knew this was going to happen. I personally wasn't gun-ho for the playoffs because I know that Mark is learning and is new to the pros. It was bound to happen.

However, there is a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to.

- We have Rex and that defense will always been good.

- We have a damn good GM

- We draft as well as any team in the league

- Our trenches are fortified

Lots to look forward to guys and lets be honest, even if we did get into the playoffs, do you think we'd have an actual shot at the superbowl with Marks play?.. come on guys, stop it. You're kidding yourself.

The future is bright for the next 5 years with this club. We'll be in the new diggs next year and get rid of that ugly,cursed sh*thole stadium.

New beginnings guys, Mark will get better. Chin up guys.:cheers:

What do you mean when you say "our trenches are fortified"?

What do you mean when you say "our trenches are fortified"?

Meaning O and D lines are intact and a strong point of our team. If you don't have O and D lines in this league you lose and Q.B's go on I.R.

SOJ my *****in a*s. You guys are pathetic, my grandfather told me once "If you believe something enough, it just might happen"... IF you morons keep "feeding the pig" with this SOJ garbage then you reap what you sow.

After every *****in loss it's SOJ.. how about STFU? Why in the hell would I try for this franchise (if I'm a player) if people are going to talk about things that happened 20 years ago, and after every tough loss it's same old Jets?, gimme a break. I'm 31yo and been watching since I was 8. Open your eyes, the Jets have the number 1 defense in the league the Q.B is rookie, what more do you want?

SOJF SOJBS from now on.

Same old Jets fans, Same old Jets bull sh*t.

Rookie Q.B's and playoffs usually are never in the same sentence.

If we keep going with this mantra then how about

SOF same old Favre

SOP same old posters

SOG same old garbage

Great work guys, the general fanbase resembles this team to a tee. Congrats!

Meaning O and D lines are intact and a strong point of our team. If you don't have O and D lines in this league you lose and Q.B's go on I.R.

SOJ my *****in a*s. You guys are pathetic, my grandfather told me once "If you believe something enough, it just might happen"... IF you morons keep "feeding the pig" with this SOJ garbage then you reap what you sow.

After every *****in loss it's SOJ.. how about STFU? Why in the hell would I try for this franchise (if I'm a player) if people are going to talk about things that happened 20 years ago, and after every tough loss it's same old Jets?, gimme a break. I'm 31yo and been watching since I was 8. Open your eyes, the Jets have the number 1 defense in the league the Q.B is rookie, what more do you want?

SOJF SOJBS from now on.

SOF same old Favre

SOP same old posters

SOG same old garbage

Relax...I'm not the guy chanting the SOJ. My commentary was more a disagreement to your trenches comment. Probably the wrong time to address (after a tough loss) but both lines need depth and the DL especially needs an infusion of top talent IMO.

Relax...I'm not the guy chanting the SOJ. My commentary was more a disagreement to your trenches comment. Probably the wrong time to address (after a tough loss) but both lines need depth and the DL especially needs an infusion of top talent IMO.

SOJF SOJBS from now on.

SOF same old Favre

SOP same old posters

SOG same old garbage

sweet blahg brah

Why in the hell would I try for this franchise (if I'm a player) if people are going to talk about things that happened 20 years ago, and after every tough loss it's same old Jets?,

because its their f#cking job.

The players shouldnt give a sh!t what the fans think or say. They're not playing for us, they're playing for themselves.

In response to this it's not the defenses fault. You can't throw interceptions and missed 3 FG's and expect to win, bottom line. Its not the D's fault, they probably feel they need to do everything and it shouldn't be like that. The offense needs to score points whether that Be 3 or 6.

The offense was none existent out there. The defense stopped them on 1st and goal and a ton of 3rd downs. The D played awesome today. It's not their fault. The O and specials lost us the game.

Defense played awesome. Until the final drive. Its their fault also.

No matter how well they played all game. Its their fault also.

...my grandfather told me once "If you believe something enough, it just might happen"... IF you morons keep "feeding the pig" with this SOJ garbage then you reap what you sow.

Cool. My grandfather once told me, "You know, your grandmother thinks I love her ratatouille, but I don't, I hate it. It's awful." Then we ate some kasha varnishkes. Good times.

SOJF SOJBS from now on.

SOF same old Favre

SOP same old posters

SOG same old garbage

The team hasnt done sh!t in 40 years. Year after year we have our hearts ripped out by this team. No matter what the name on the back says, its still the same result... late January and we're nowhere near the Super Bowl.

Im tired of fans like you ripping on other fans because they bitter. We've seen this act before. We've lived through the same scenario enough times to know exactly how today was going to play out. Why shouldnt we be bitter? We've supported this team through thick and thin and what do we get? Another lost season full of maybe's and could-be's.

The Jets dont lose because of the fan base.

The Jets not winning a Super Bowl is not because of the fan base.

The fans have no impact on whether the team is good or not.

In response to this it's not the defenses fault. You can't throw interceptions and missed 3 FG's and expect to win, bottom line. Its not the D's fault, they probably feel they need to do everything and it shouldn't be like that. The offense needs to score points whether that Be 3 or 6.

The offense was none existent out there. The defense stopped them on 1st and goal and a ton of 3rd downs. The D played awesome today. It's not their fault. The O and specials lost us the game.

Read Revis' quote at the end of the game...

The team hasnt done sh!t in 40 years. Year after year we have our hearts ripped out by this team. No matter what the name on the back says, its still the same result... late January and we're nowhere near the Super Bowl.

Im tired of fans like you ripping on other fans because they bitter. We've seen this act before. We've lived through the same scenario enough times to know exactly how today was going to play out. Why shouldnt we be bitter? We've supported this team through thick and thin and what do we get? Another lost season full of maybe's and could-be's.

The Jets dont lose because of the fan base.

The Jets not winning a Super Bowl is not because of the fan base.

The fans have no impact on whether the team is good or not.

This SOJ rhetoric is disgusting. Like I said before, if you got your panties in a knot over this then it's your bad. Rookies don't make the playoffs usually. Mark is as raw as you can get for a Q.B. Expecting more then 8-8 is your bad. Take it on the chin and grow another layer of skin.

Alll it is is wah,wah,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah up in here. SOJ wah. SOJ was created around the Kotite era and ever since it's been a dark cloud.

Look at the stadium attendance this afternoon?... *****ING MISERABLE!! you don't think the player feed off of that?.. your kidding yourself. How about being on SNY and having to come here from the Ravens or Steelers and have to answer questions about SOJ garbage?

Whatever!!

wahmbulance.jpg

Rex Ryan said he was gunning for the Super Bowl and I believed him. So its wrong to believe what big mouth Ryan says, fine, I accept that after watching him for a year.

Every coach is going to say this. It's like an unwritten rule. No coach is going to say anything but.

SOJF SOJBS from now on.

SOF same old Favre

SOP same old posters

SOG same old garbage

You know what else usually isn't in the same sentence?

"number one defense, number one rushing attack, lucky to finish .500"

You know what else usually isn't in the same sentence?

"number one defense, number one rushing attack, lucky to finish .500"

Rookie Q.B. All of you should have just assumed this when you heard..

"with the 5th pick of the 2009 NFL draft, the New york Jets select, Mark Sanchez, QB USC"

Again, shame on you. So what we didn't make the playoffs. would we have won the superbowl under Mark Sanchez the rookie?... Come on.. enough!

"with the 5th pick of the 2009 NFL draft, the New york Jets select, Mark Sanchez, QB USC"

Again, shame on you. So what we didn't make the playoffs. would we have won the superbowl under Mark Sanchez the rookie?... Come on.. enough!

Yeah, right. Shame on the fans. Being let down is the fault of the fans.

Whatever the shortcomings of this team's ground game and defense, there are dozens of teams that wish they had our problems in those aspects. This franchise wasted a season of the #1 rushing attack and #1 defense (and #1 in a bunch of individual categories) so a rookie could see live action and get experience.

What a lot of the "SOJ" people realize is that success in certain aspects this year don't guarantee success in those aspects next year. There is no automatic carryover of the good parts of a team and then just add in "Ooooh, and now Sanchez will have a year of much-needed experience." It doesn't work like that. And it's not all on Sanchez either. Special teams have cost us 2 wins which is inexcusable.

The Patriots barely lost the SB and returned with the team intact. They also added Mayo who turned out to be an outstanding draft pick. Surely their 2008 season would be at least close to the 2007 season, if not even more successful. The regular season and playoffs seemed a mere formality before the Patriots held up another Lombardi Trophy. What happened? Brady went down in week one.

Wouldn't happen to us? Nonsense. 1999 wasn't that long ago that I've forgotten it altogether. Pittsburgh just won the superbowl behind their #1 defense in 2008. Everyone other than Larry Foote (replaced by Timmons) returned for the 2008 season. Their defense is now giving up about a touchdown more per game more than last year. There is no automatic carryover to next year. One unlucky play where Revis ends up at the bottom of a pile like Leon and this defense is then over 10 points per game worse. Combine that with injuries hitting the age wall with one or more of Faneca, Woody, Jenkins, Ellis, and Jones -- and Sanchez would have to have a Manningesque turnaround from year 1 to year 2 (which won't happen anyway) just to win 8 games.

You don't automatically get to use this year's chances next year. And shame on anyone who thinks otherwise.

I'm sorry but you don't trade for Braylon Edwards if you don't EXPECT to make the playoffs. It doesn't make sense to mortgage some of the future by bringing in a guy who can help win NOW. It's counterproductive. That move alone gave this fan base enough creedence to say, this team wants to win now, no matter who the QB is. They let us down. Again. Their bad, not ours.

The Patriots barely lost the SB and returned with the team intact. They also added Mayo who turned out to be an outstanding draft pick. Surely their 2008 season would be at least close to the 2007 season, if not even more successful. The regular season and playoffs seemed a mere formality before the Patriots held up another Lombardi Trophy. What happened? Brady went down in week one.

So you're saying there's a chance.

This SOJ rhetoric is disgusting. Like I said before, if you got your panties in a knot over this then it's your bad. Rookies don't make the playoffs usually. Mark is as raw as you can get for a Q.B. Expecting more then 8-8 is your bad. Take it on the chin and grow another layer of skin.

Alll it is is wah,wah,waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah up in here. SOJ wah. SOJ was created around the Kotite era and ever since it's been a dark cloud.

Look at the stadium attendance this afternoon?... *****ING MISERABLE!! you don't think the player feed off of that?.. your kidding yourself. How about being on SNY and having to come here from the Ravens or Steelers and have to answer questions about SOJ garbage?

Whatever!!

wahmbulance.jpg

If the Jets played like a real team, the SOJ wouldnt be around. But they played like the SOJ yesterday. There is no debate and discussion

My panties arent in a knot. If the team plays like sh!t I am going to be pissed off. Im not going to excuse their lousy performance because we have a rookie QB. That is no excuse for being that bad.

your panties sure are in a bunch over the fans. Stop worrying about the other fans and what they do. You can only control yourself.

And why was the stadium empty? Because we had a big f#cking storm the day before. Most fans are casual fans. Who wants to dig out from under that and drive to a game and sit in the cold, wind and snow to watch that crap? The Jets dont give us any reason to do it. And like you said, they're not going to the playoffs, so why should I go and drive to see a team doing nothing this year? Just as easy to watch on TV. And if a player needs the fans to get him pumped to do his job, I dont want him here. He is a pro. He is paid to perform.

But keep blaming the fans and giving the team a pass for screwing the pooch yesterday. With that sort of enabling we'll never see a super bowl in our lifetime.

And you complain about the fans needing the waahmbulance, yet your

bitching and whining about the fans. Wouldnt it make more sense to

bitch about the team-- ya know, the ones who actually have an impact on

what happens?

So you assumed they werent going to have a chance to make the playoffs.

So losing is acceptable to you. Well guess what- its not acceptable to me. Not at all. The amount of time and money I spend on this team and I shouldnt expect to make the playoffs? I should have told Woody a year ago to shove the tickets up his ass.

SOJF SOJBS from now on.

SOF same old Favre

SOP same old posters

SOG same old garbage

Its all my fault. I should have been cheering harder.

My bad.

Next game I'm just going to close my eyes really tight and pray for good things to happen every play. I'm not even going to watch in between the whistles, just close my eyes and really believe the next play will be something special.

Its all my fault. I should have been cheering harder.

My bad.

Next game I'm just going to close my eyes really tight and pray for good things to happen every play. I'm not even going to watch in between the whistles, just close my eyes and really believe the next play will be something special.

you were a great fan for 55 minutes yesterday. But the end of the game you just didnt bring your A-game and it cost us. But its ok, because fans seem to be giving a pass to people who dont give a complete effort and finish the job.

lol s dubb must write books and give seminars about "positive thinking." Don't have a job? Well that's your fault for not thinking positive! You aren't rich? Aren't attractive? Don't have a super model wife? Well that's your fault! You should be talking about how you have all those great things and it will happen!

Recession, what recession? We're in an economic golden age! Everyone has a license to just print money, if you just think positive instead of bitching about those darned economic indicators and the unemployment rate! These negative people are what is driving down the economy (if I believe the economy wasn't great I mean, I was just being hypocritical!).

In order for any of s dubb's bitching to make any sense he has to first ignore reality and then second preach how people need to believe and be positive for things to get better, which is just a ridiculous contradiction. If things are going well you don't need to hope for them to be better anyway, they're already going well. And if things aren't going well, what you actually believe does nothing, it has obviously not had an effect since everyone always thinks they are in a better situation or are more talented than others (well known psychological effect).

The fans of the NYJ have absolutely zero impact on the players, zero. These dumb fans were constantly talking playoff scenarios and talking about how great the defense is and everything all season. After 3 games of the season the dumb fans had the Jets in the Super Bowl and Sanchez as the best rookie QB of all time. The same way the dumb fans claimed Chad Pennington was Joe Montana. Most of the fanbase is convinced that the Jets are a great team when the Jets show ANYTHING....90% of the fanbase won't even admit that a 6-6 team is average! It isn't until the Jets totally **** up that most of the fanbase is willing to admit that maybe the Jets aren't the top team in the league, and that playoff chances are very remote. If the fans had any effect, the Jets would go 19-0 and win the SB every single year, because the fans think the Jets players are the best in the league.

Also, on the stadium being empty thing, apparently you don't live on the north east, but there was this huge snowstorm that you really should have heard of. It's going to be a bitch getting to work today, let alone going to some football game yesterday.

lol s dubb must write books and give seminars about "positive thinking." Don't have a job? Well that's your fault for not thinking positive! You aren't rich? Aren't attractive? Don't have a super model wife? Well that's your fault! You should be talking about how you have all those great things and it will happen!

Recession, what recession? We're in an economic golden age! Everyone has a license to just print money, if you just think positive instead of bitching about those darned economic indicators and the unemployment rate! These negative people are what is driving down the economy (if I believe the economy wasn't great I mean, I was just being hypocritical!).

In order for any of s dubb's bitching to make any sense he has to first ignore reality and then second preach how people need to believe and be positive for things to get better, which is just a ridiculous contradiction. If things are going well you don't need to hope for them to be better anyway, they're already going well. And if things aren't going well, what you actually believe does nothing, it has obviously not had an effect since everyone always thinks they are in a better situation or are more talented than others (well known psychological effect).

The fans of the NYJ have absolutely zero impact on the players, zero. These dumb fans were constantly talking playoff scenarios and talking about how great the defense is and everything all season. After 3 games of the season the dumb fans had the Jets in the Super Bowl and Sanchez as the best rookie QB of all time. The same way the dumb fans claimed Chad Pennington was Joe Montana. Most of the fanbase is convinced that the Jets are a great team when the Jets show ANYTHING....90% of the fanbase won't even admit that a 6-6 team is average! It isn't until the Jets totally **** up that most of the fanbase is willing to admit that maybe the Jets aren't the top team in the league, and that playoff chances are very remote. If the fans had any effect, the Jets would go 19-0 and win the SB every single year, because the fans think the Jets players are the best in the league.

Also, on the stadium being empty thing, apparently you don't live on the north east, but there was this huge snowstorm that you really should have heard of. It's going to be a bitch getting to work today, let alone going to some football game yesterday.

He read this book and it changed his life...

232561_3.jpg

Dont like to read, dont worry, its coming out on DVD for lazy america.

you were a great fan for 55 minutes yesterday. But the end of the game you just didnt bring your A-game and it cost us. But its ok, because fans seem to be giving a pass to people who dont give a complete effort and finish the job.

You're too kind. JiF was also a bad fan when the FG unit was on the field and when Sanchez was throwing footballs to Falcons. He was a good fan when Sanchez connected with Edwards on that bomb. We needed more of the latter and less of the former from him.

This loss falls squarely on JiF and those like him.

You're too kind. JiF was also a bad fan when the FG unit was on the field and when Sanchez was throwing footballs to Falcons. He was a good fan when Sanchez connected with Edwards on that bomb. We needed more of the latter and less of the former from him.

This loss falls squarely on JiF and those like him.

This is true. I actually didnt watch 2 of the 3 FG's because I figured we'd make them. But I did watch the final FG and after the failure on the first 2, I had no confidence that we'd make that final extremely meaningful FG.

It is my fault.

Archived