If this year teaches us anything, its a Quarterbacks league

Matt39

And the last good team the Jets had was when they could throw the ball down the field in 1998. The defense wasn't spectacular, but they got first downs on offense by stretching the middle of the field.

The defense can be as lights out as the Jets have been, but if you cant throw the ball down the field you're not going to be a serious contender.

The Ravens of 2000, obviously are the exception, but I don't see any team repeating that anytime soon.

Better hope Sanchez gets his **** together. There is absolutely no rhythm to this offense.

Hopefully the Braylon of yesterday is the one we'll be seeing all the time. Sanchez could use another big target at tight end imo. The guy we currently have stinks in my opinion.

Just curious, where do you guys think this D, this OL and a healthy Favre would have ended up?

There wasnt much rhythm when he was here either. Knowing the Jets, they'd probably have the same record.

But Favre, pre injury, was the best QB play we've seen since Vinny imo.

Just curious, where do you guys think this D, this OL and a healthy Favre would have ended up?

Same as last year... just like you are seeing with the Vikings right now... who were spanked last night by the Panthers.

2 weeks in a row Favre has looked bad.

Depends on which Favre we are talking about.

Are we talking about the Favre that looks like he is having fun playing or the guy who couldn't get out of town fast enough.

I think if Favre was still here, he would still be miserable simply because he never wanted to be here in the first place.

7-7

And the last good team the Jets had was when they could throw the ball down the field in 1998. The defense wasn't spectacular, but they got first downs on offense by stretching the middle of the field.

The defense can be as lights out as the Jets have been, but if you cant throw the ball down the field you're not going to be a serious contender.

The Ravens of 2000, obviously are the exception, but I don't see any team repeating that anytime soon.

Better hope Sanchez gets his **** together. There is absolutely no rhythm to this offense.

Hopefully the Braylon of yesterday is the one we'll be seeing all the time. Sanchez could use another big target at tight end imo. The guy we currently have stinks in my opinion.

the ravens of 2000 were one of the best defenses ever. thats why it worked. our defense is very very good....not all time great good......but with an offense that is at least competent they're superbowl caliber.

the ravens of 2000 were one of the best defenses ever. thats why it worked. our defense is very very good....not all time great good......but with an offense that is at least competent they're superbowl caliber.

Disagree.

The defense still ahs some holes. Particularly at saftey, OLB and corner.

Disagree.

they're the best defense in the league right now and they let up the fewest points per game......even with the 6 or 7 td's given up when they werent even on the field. which means they are a superbowl caliber defense........IF they were coupled with just a competent offense...unfortunately our offense is not capable of scoring too often. now...do they have holes? yes.....i'm not saying they can will a team to the superbowl without much offense like the 2000 ravens...but they are completely capable of holding a team down enough for a competent offense to outscore them. oh and , imo, our biggest need on defense right now is DE followed by OLB.

Disagree.

Agreed.

Until this D can consistently force turnovers, I'm not sold. I love that they can stifle a team most of the game, I think its a HUGE step in the right direction...

The fact remains, when it comes down to crunch time, and the game is ON THE LINE...

This defense doesn't get those "we have no intention of losing" sacks, they (Rhodes) miss tackles and give up some of the biggest gains of the game, and they let game winning INTs bounce off their hands.

Plain and simple, the defense can frustrate other teams... but it can't beat them.

Agreed.

Until this D can consistently force turnovers, I'm not sold. I love that they can stifle a team most of the game, I think its a HUGE step in the right direction...

The fact remains, when it comes down to crunch time, and the game is ON THE LINE...

This defense doesn't get those "we have no intention of losing" sacks, they (Rhodes) miss tackles and give up some of the biggest gains of the game, and they let game winning INTs bounce off their hands.

Plain and simple, the defense can frustrate other teams... but it can't beat them.

The D did force turnovers yesterday, the just didnt catch the damn ball.

The last drive we needed a sack and we couldnt get it. We have very little edge rush. Once in a while from Pace, buyt Bryan Thomas has been invisible- like he has been his entire career.

We've lost 3 games when the defense has given up 10 points or less and a 4th that surely would have been 10 points or less if not for 5 interceptions in regulation. If we'd won all 4 as we should have, and were 11-3 instead of 7-7, who here would really be complaining that this isn't a SB-caliber defense?

This isn't an all-time great defense, but that shouldn't be needed. They're good enough.

We've lost 3 games when the defense has given up 10 points or less and a 4th that surely would have been 10 points or less if not for 5 interceptions in regulation. If we'd won all 4 as we should have, and were 11-3 instead of 7-7, who here would really be complaining that this isn't a SB-caliber defense?

This isn't an all-time great defense, but that shouldn't be needed. They're good enough.

+1, yesterday just proves this theory.

I think he'd have his **** together now if they had benched him week 6 he would be starting next season with a clean slate and I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets had at least two more wins this year as well.

I think they have done alot of damage to him but hey, this is the Jets.

This team couldve easily been 11-5 or 12-4 with a competent QB. Our schedule was soft this year. Sanchez singlehandedly lost us 3 games. The others were on special teams and the defense.

Miami x2
    Buffalo
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    Jacksonville

All games we shouldve won.

The Jets have the #1 defense in the league but I wouldnt say that the defense has been "lights out". That would say that they've been a consistent dominate defense which that would be too strong to say. I can name a few games (like Miami #1) when this lights out team allowed 420yds and pretty much couldnt stop any drive the Fins put together. They couldnt stop the Jags, though it wasnt their fault yesterday persay, they couldnt stop the Falcons one more time to put that game to rest.

The defense has shown flashes, but next year will that year that we can expect a "lights out defense".

It has been a QB and passing league for years now, I've been arguing this for what, 5 years now? That's how BB won those SBs, I mean he cheated as well, but while so many other teams were busy stuck 20 years in the past, he figured he'd just throw the ball to win games, and gameplan against the pass as well.

The rest of the league caught up, and finally the fans began to figure it out too.

I think he'd have his **** together now if they had benched him week 6 he would be starting next season with a clean slate and I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets had at least two more wins this year as well.

I think they have done alot of damage to him but hey, this is the Jets.

Who would have gotten those wins exactly? You're not going to tell me Clemens would have won those games? Clemens would probably have blown at least 4 games by now.

Archived