sold a bill of goods on sanchez

johnny green balls

Guy is terrible. Knock on him coming out of combine was that he was a one read QB and could it be any more obvious after yesterday?

He looks at his primary, and either throws it (sometimes forces it) or takes off running before diving head first.

I've also been saying for months that he lacks arm strength.

Best we can hope for is that his football IQ increases and we get another chad pennington... with a 5th overall pick.

Disgusting.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guy is terrible. Knock on him coming out of combine was that he was a one read QB and could it be any more obvious after yesterday?

He looks at his primary, and either throws it (sometimes forces it) or takes off running before diving head first.

I've also been saying for months that he lacks arm strength.

Best we can hope for is that his football IQ increases and we get another chad pennington... with a 5th overall pick.

Disgusting.

What were you expecting? Peyton Manning? Give me a break, hes a rookie.

How mad were you when he connected with Braylon...

It showed his arm strength (in the Meadowlands) his accuracy (it wasn't perfect but it was close) and it showed his ability to play 'forgetful' football after throwing an INT earlier...

Those are the flashes you see people talk about.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree on how bad he's been and how bad he'll be...

I'm simply, just saying ;)

Common now the guy has played 10 NFL games -you want him to be a Hall Of Famer - give the guy a chance to develop and get better -

no, i just want him to not be a moron.

How mad were you when he connected with Braylon...

It showed his arm strength (in the Meadowlands) his accuracy (it wasn't perfect but it was close) and it showed his ability to play 'forgetful' football after throwing an INT earlier...

Those are the flashes you see people talk about.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree on how bad he's been and how bad he'll be...

I'm simply, just saying ;)

here we go, I said something critical i must not be a jets fan! where have you been for the past 40 years of jets football?

What were you expecting? Peyton Manning? Give me a break, hes a rookie.

i was expecting at least someone who knew how to slide.

You guys and girls get the point-this is ridiculous to expect a rookie to be all pro right from the bat-jsut want him to learn and improve as we go on into next season.

Haha, I absolutely understand...

See my earlier post... :cheers:

all things being equal he could be on winter break from USC right now getting ready for a new years bowl game or maybe even the championship game... and the combine...

instead he's 22 years old in week 15 of the NFL season, playing in post blizzard conditions, dealing with two knee injuries and a .500 campaign. It can't be easy.

in the big picture this is all good for the kid... let's hope he survives it in one piece.

real jets fans converge in a circle jerk whenever "phony" jets fans express any degree of disappointment with the team or players, right?

i'd say the real fans are the ones who DO get pissed off when the team embarrasses itself.

You obviously don't know me very well...

I'm as cynical as they come...

The season is over, even though I knew deep down it was over in Miami...

I'm going to start looking at the bright side, again...

You can join or you can cry... The Colts and the Bengals are merely practice for our young QB to develop...

We shall see...

So you went to questioning his football IQ and his arm strength to now his sliding abilities :rolleyes:

Give the kid some time to learn before you throw him to the wolves.

His refusal to slide is actually worse than lack of arm strength. Absent injuries, Chad P could've had a decent career as a game manager.

The fact that sanchez refuses to slide even after bringing in Giradi displays something much worse: arrogance, stupidity, or both.

Why don't you make an effort to clearly enunciate your point then so we can all share in your sanctimonious sarcasm?

Why don't you clearly read the ****ing post :rolleyes:

I said he demonstrates what he CAN do...

Flashes...

I didn't proclaim him bust or top tier...

I simply said, he shows flashes...

How the **** did you possibly find me questioning your fandom in that?

But no, it is I who clearly needs to S P E L L it out better :rolleyes:

Why don't you clearly read the ****ing post :rolleyes:

I said he demonstrates what he CAN do...

Flashes...

I didn't proclaim him bust or top tier...

I simply said, he shows flashes...

How the **** did you possibly find me questioning your fandom in that?

But no, it is I who clearly needs to S P E L L it out better :rolleyes:

Getting a little defensive? Good, you should. As should anyone who can defend this team right now.

Flashes of competence may be acceptable for mid-round picks. For top 10 picks you want to see flashes that this is a guy who can take over a game when he gets more experienced.

Stafford has done that this year as did Flacco last year. Couple throws for both of them made you think, "man this kid is going to be dominant one day."

Sanchez? Best I can say is this kid might be an above-average game manager one day.

real jets fans converge in a circle jerk whenever "phony" jets fans express any degree of disappointment with the team or players, right?

i'd say the real fans are the ones who DO get pissed off when the team embarrasses itself.

Who are you to question other peoples fanage?

There was no bill of goods sold on Sanchez. He was a slightly undersized, woefully inexperienced prospect with a solid but unspectacular arm. If you feel you were deceived, it's only because you failed to recognize that he's the biggest boom-bust QB prospect since Vince Young.

Who are you to question other peoples fanage?

Oy. Go to Webster's and look up sarcasm.

His arm strength is not in question I think-65 yard passes in winds of the Meadowlands -attack him if you want on not looking for secondary receivers at this stage of his development.

So glad you're here to define what is or is not acceptable criticism for a team I bleed green for.

There was no bill of goods sold on Sanchez. He was a slightly undersized, woefully inexperienced prospect with a solid but unspectacular arm. If you feel you were deceived, it's only because you failed to recognize that he's the biggest boom-bust QB prospect since Vince Young.

lol great post

hey have ya seen Vince Young lately? ;)

Getting a little defensive? Good, you should. As should anyone who can defend this team right now.

Flashes of competence may be acceptable for mid-round picks. For top 10 picks you want to see flashes that this is a guy who can take over a game when he gets more experienced.

Stafford has done that this year as did Flacco last year. Couple throws for both of them made you think, "man this kid is going to be dominant one day."

Sanchez? Best I can say is this kid might be an above-average game manager one day.

Flashes are all you have to judge a rookie...

When they're not showing those, they're usually, shocking as it may seem..................Acting like a rookie...

Read progression, footwork and hip placement can all be taught...

Arm strength, accuracy and amnesia usually can't be...

He's shown flashes of all...

That's all we have to go on...

Whats funny is that when you logged in today, you seemed to think that the general mood around Sanchez was a positive one.

If you want to tear sanchez apart =that is your right-mark me down as being in the negative on that- I give a guy a chance to develop and hopefully learn as a first year player should be expected to do.

You might be the only long time Jets fan who is able to do that given the collective heartbreak we've endured for longer than my entire lifetime.

Whats funny is that when you logged in today, you seemed to think that the general mood around Sanchez was a positive one.

Wrong. I give JN'ers more credit than to be that stupid.

Archived