sold a bill of goods on sanchez

johnny green balls

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is tho he is a rookie. If he doesn't improve next season then it is fair to curse him, hate him, whatever you please. But to do so now is unfair and I would question your "fan-manship" for doing so...but...I'm not that type of person.

Sanchez has shown us what he could become, both good and bad. But we have not seen enough of him to make a valid conclusion. So all I'm asking is give him some time.

The thing is tho he is a rookie. If he doesn't improve next season then it is fair to curse him, hate him, whatever you please. But to do so now is unfair and I would question your "fan-manship" for doing so...but...I'm not that type of person.

Sanchez has shown us what he could become, both good and bad. But we have not seen enough of him to make a valid conclusion. So all I'm asking is give him some time.

While we're at it let's just give the Jets another 40 years. Hell, I can probably hold out to be 100 years old if I have to.

There was no bill of goods sold on Sanchez. He was a slightly undersized, woefully inexperienced prospect with a solid but unspectacular arm. If you feel you were deceived, it's only because you failed to recognize that he's the biggest boom-bust QB prospect since Vince Young.

Bingo. Which is why I wanted nothing to do with him.

However, he's better than I expected. LOL. Which is really sad considering how bad he's been.

:bag:

Do you read? No one here has said give sanchez/team 40 years. Yes I know your being sarcastic, but please..make valid points in your arguments ;)

I know that the point I was trying to convey may have sailed over your head like a Sanchez floater but simply put I was saying that:

I AM SICK OF WAITING FOR THE PROVERBIAL 'NEXT YEAR.'

I know that the point I was trying to convey may have sailed over your head like a Sanchez floater but simply put I was saying that:

I AM SICK OF WAITING FOR THE PROVERBIAL 'NEXT YEAR.'

And that is why you are shortsighted and can't see the big picture.

Next year Sanchez will have a year of experience as a bad QB under his belt. That will make him better next year because all good QB's first have to start as rookies and perform badly. This means he will turn into Peyton Manning and we can compete for a SB in 2010 because Manning also threw a lot of interceptions as a rookie.

Everything good about this team will carry over to next year and none of the bad things will. No veterans will show their age and no irreplaceable players will get injured. Oh, and the few remaining draft picks we have will instantly fill holes also.

All is well.

And that is why you are shortsighted and can't see the big picture.

Next year Sanchez will have a year of experience as a bad QB under his belt. That will make him better next year because all good QB's first have to start as rookies and perform badly. This means he will turn into Peyton Manning because he threw a lot of interceptions as a rookie.

Everything good about this team will carry over to next year and none of the bad things will. No veterans will show their age and no irreplaceable players will get injured. Oh, and the few remaining draft picks we have will instantly fill holes also.

All is well.

Amazing how watching this team implode for 30 straight years can make you "shortsighted."

Jeff Garcia.

Next.

Garcia should have been signed before Oakland did, even if they didn't know they'd have a shot at drafting Sanchez.

Were they otherwise seriously going to go into a season with Clemens and Ratliff and Ainge?

Garcia, declined as his skills are, would have easily won the camp competition. We'd be in control of our destiny still, if not in first place in the division outright. And Sanchez would have had a year of not learning how to panic from a QB with similar skills.

Garcia should have been signed before Oakland did, even if they didn't know they'd have a shot at drafting Sanchez.

Were they otherwise seriously going to go into a season with Clemens and Ratliff and Ainge?

Garcia, declined as his skills are, would have easily won the camp competition. We'd be in control of our destiny still, if not in first place in the division outright. And Sanchez would have had a year of not learning how to panic from a QB with similar skills.

Impossible!

Guy is terrible. Knock on him coming out of combine was that he was a one read QB and could it be any more obvious after yesterday?

He looks at his primary, and either throws it (sometimes forces it) or takes off running before diving head first.

I've also been saying for months that he lacks arm strength.

Best we can hope for is that his football IQ increases and we get another chad pennington... with a 5th overall pick.

Disgusting.

I don't blame him. I blame the Jets for drafting him. Then I blame them for compounding the mistake by failing to get a veteran QB to mentor him.

Sounds to me that you ARE blaming him

You can't call a turd a rose and then get pissed when people won't smell it.

You said what you said, you meant it as I interpreted it and the fact you're backtracking now proves you know you were in the wrong.

You are the anti DWC...

And honestly, just as annoying :rolleyes:

Archived