sold a bill of goods on sanchez

johnny green balls

You guys and girls get the point-this is ridiculous to expect a rookie to be all pro right from the bat-jsut want him to learn and improve as we go on into next season.

Not expecting that, Frank, I'm just saying that maybe riding the bench and watching and learning would have done him more good going into next season than letting him continue to embarrass himself by setting some kind of rookie QB record for INT's.

All management is doing right now is maybe creating such a volitile situation that his team mates give up on him. And that's the worst thing that can happen to any QB, rookie or veteran.

Signed by the Raiders 20 days before the draft and released during final cuts.

So, you get him with no training camp or preseason games unless you signed him at the start of free agency.

which is what we should've done cause the fact is that

Sanchez, CLemens, Ainge > Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge

in terms of overall QB talent on the roster..

Threads like this are frankly why I told myself I would stay away from message boards this week (and of course here I am one day later).

1) Show me one scouting report that said Sanchez could not read defenses and could only read his first option.

2) He throws a 60 yard bomb early in the first quarter yet lacks arm strength. Last time I checked, Jamarcus Russell has plenty of arm strength and can throw footballs that would cut through the meadowlands winds. Perhaps we can swing a trade :rolleyes: ?

3) Jim Sorgi is out for the year and the Colts are 14-0. If Jeff Garcia was as good as people are making him out to be, don't you think Indy would have had at least checked him out (so that Curtis Painter is not the guy leading the charge if anything should happen to Peyton Manning). And for those who say Garcia would not be a backup, something tells me the chance to grab a super bowl ring on an undefeated team would be plenty of motivation. Other than that, what other veterans were out there?

Am I completely happy about Sanchez? No. Am I convinced this guy will be something special? No. Am I ready to declare that he will be a bust. No way. Talk to me in two years, then we can have an honest debate about Sanchez with more data to work with.

No. But he's the reason we have at least 4 of them.

I would say 4, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Point is.. Sanchez is the least of my concerns for this team. In fact, he's one of the bright spots.

Edit: I could have swore you said 5 at first. Must be seeing things

Edited by Mandarinia

which is what we should've done cause the fact is that

Sanchez, CLemens, Ainge > Clemens, Ratliff, Ainge

in terms of overall QB talent on the roster..

Maybe so, but I think most people's feeling was that this was the year Clemens was going to get his actual shot. I think a lot of people believed he would have started last year if not for Favre, who was brought in at worst 50/50 to sell PSLs as he was to win.

Maybe so, but I think most people's feeling was that this was the year Clemens was going to get his actual shot. I think a lot of people believed he would have started last year if not for Favre, who was brought in at worst 50/50 to sell PSLs as he was to win.

true, but i think half of us were perplexed at the idea of going with Ratlif as the backup and the other half were mad about the idea of Clemens being the backup..

To be honest, I really didn't think we'd be this good or the Pats this mediocre so it didn't matter too much to me..

2) He throws a 60 yard bomb early in the first quarter yet lacks arm strength. Last time I checked, Jamarcus Russell has plenty of arm strength and can throw footballs that would cut through the meadowlands winds. Perhaps we can swing a trade :rolleyes: ?

Jamarcus Russell>>>>Matt Sanchez.

3) Jim Sorgi is out for the year and the Colts are 14-0. If Jeff Garcia was as good as people are making him out to be, don't you think Indy would have had at least checked him out (so that Curtis Painter is not the guy leading the charge if anything should happen to Peyton Manning). And for those who say Garcia would not be a backup, something tells me the chance to grab a super bowl ring on an undefeated team would be plenty of motivation. Other than that, what other veterans were out there?.

Jeff Garcia>>>>Matt Sanchez

Am I completely happy about Sanchez? No. Am I convinced this guy will be something special? No. Am I ready to declare that he will be a bust. No way. Talk to me in two years, then we can have an honest debate about Sanchez with more data to work with.

Me agree.

I would say 4, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Point is.. Sanchez is the least of my concerns for this team. In fact, he's one of the bright spots.

'The Defense' is not spelled 'Sanchez'.

Sanchez is the reason we lost:

@New Orleans

vs. Buffalo

@New England

vs. Atlanta

I also give him a lot of the blame for Jacksonville. People want to ignore the 2 picks just because the defense started slowly, and gave up the last drive. The offense was inept that game until the very end.

In Miami 2.0, he was relatively inept until late in the game, including the entire first half.

true, but i think half of us were perplexed at the idea of going with Ratlif as the backup and the other half were mad about the idea of Clemens being the backup..

To be honest, I really didn't think we'd be this good or the Pats this mediocre so it didn't matter too much to me..

Fair enough. In January, I was ok with Clemens starting the season, because I believed he did flash at times in 2007 and wasn't spending a lot of time thinking about a Garcia-type back-up. Especially, when I was of the opinion that he'd want a starting job...

3) Jim Sorgi is out for the year and the Colts are 14-0. If Jeff Garcia was as good as people are making him out to be, don't you think Indy would have had at least checked him out (so that Curtis Painter is not the guy leading the charge if anything should happen to Peyton Manning). And for those who say Garcia would not be a backup, something tells me the chance to grab a super bowl ring on an undefeated team would be plenty of motivation. Other than that, what other veterans were out there?

Huh?

I think the colts figured out a long time ago that Mannign was their entire team. If he went down, what's the point? That team wins 4-5 games..

@New Orleans

vs. Buffalo

@New England

vs. Atlanta

I also give him a lot of the blame for Jacksonville. People want to ignore the 2 picks just because the defense started slowly, and gave up the last drive. The offense was inept that game until the very end.

In Miami 2.0, he was relatively inept until late in the game, including the entire first half.

LOL so Feely missing 3 easy FG's did not cause Atlanta loss and Jones getting stuffed

at 2 yd Line..

You are a funny one

Huh?

I think the colts figured out a long time ago that Mannign was their entire team. If he went down, what's the point? That team wins 4-5 games..

I don't think it's a terrible point.

They still have to play the Divisional Round w/ or w/o Manning, no reason to let it be Painter.

That's all well and good, but what about this year? The Jets could have made the playoffs if they benched him 7 weeks ago. The Jets lost at least 2 games that they would have won if not for his stupid INT's. Sanchez singlehandedly lost 4 games---

Clemens would have at the very least gone 2-2 in those games. Just saying. It's a moot point, it's another season flushed down the toilet, but

Just sayin.:gfight:

LOL so Feely missing 3 easy FG's did not cause Atlanta loss and Jones getting stuffed

at 2 yd Line..

You are a funny one

Obviously the missed FGs were a problem. But, you rarely win football games where you throw 3 picks. Sanchez was awful, again. If he wasn't awful, the game would have been a blow-out to the tune of 24-3, or something of that nature.

@New Orleans

vs. Buffalo

@New England

vs. Atlanta

I agree. But you have to expect this from a rookie QB. Anyone who thought he would be the "2nd coming of christ" his rookie year seriously needs to go to the doctor and get their brain checked out for posible damage.