sold a bill of goods on sanchez

johnny green balls

Yes. But the point is you attacked Sanchez and I defended him.

I made the point that it is unfair to throw him under the bus in his rookie season. He has shown us what he could be, both his good side and his bad side. Which direction he goes in is unknown at this time. So give him time.

hat the heck are you 2 even arguing about anymore?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are we fighting over exactly? We both agree he sucks but you don't hold him accountable for his poor performance?

That you need to give the kid some trime to grow.. And I didn't say he sucks..he's having a typical rookie QB season imo.

No thanks, I'm ready to judge him now.

And thats the reason why we give up on players and coachs before they can make themselves into anything. Hence the reason for your 30 years of "pain"

That you need to give the kid some trime to grow.. And I didn't say he sucks..he's having a typical rookie QB season imo.

You want atypical for top 5 pick... positively atypical.

And thats the reason why we give up on players and coachs before they can make themselves into anything. Hence the reason for your 30 years of "pain"

To think, all this time me maligning Jets players on the Internet has caused the front office to give up on them.

Sad part is, if Sanchez makes a good throw there, Edwards could have made the catch. But you're right, he goes to keller and we've live to play another down, with manageable distance.

It wasn't a bad throw; it was a bad decision.

Sanchez threw into double coverage rather than to Keller.

Sanchez threw to a spot but Edwards wasn't there because of the Schitty Double WR Problem (having 2 WRs in the same area so they are defended by 3 DBs). Edwards slowed down because Cotchery's route cut him off.

On the Jets final, desperate drive, Sanchez tries to hit Braylon Edwards, who is double covered. Edwards slows down after Cotchery cuts in front of him (obvious miscommunication) before Grimes gets his second pick of the game.

Link

I disagree with the Star Ledger that it's "miscommunication." It's classic Schitty.

So we're clear, the fault lies with Sanchez on his decision. It was a good throw to a timing spot in double coverage.

I HATED the pick when it was made, but I now have little doubt that Sanchez will be a pretty good QB for us moving forward. Yes, his decision making sucks right now, but he's shown himself to be tough, resilient and confident in the face of adversity. If he was hanging his head or if he had gone into a shell, then you'd have reason to worry. Is he spends his off-season in the weight room and in the film room, and the Jets do the right thing and bring him in a baby-sitter/mentor, then he'll be more than ok.

It wasn't a bad throw; it was a bad decision.

Sanchez threw into double coverage rather than to Keller.

Sanchez threw to a spot but Edwards wasn't there because of the Schitty Double WR Problem (having 2 WRs in the same area so they are defended by 3 DBs). Edwards slowed down because Cotchery's route cut him off.

I disagree with the Star Ledger that it's "miscommunication." It's classic Schitty.

So we're clear, the fault lies with Sanchez on his decision. It was a good throw to a timing spot in double coverage.

I agree it was a bad decision. Still, a perfect throw, I think gets there. If you watch it, Braylon is reaching out for the ball which wizzes by him and and right into the safeties arms.

If he leads BE a little less, I think he makes the grab. Or, I should say, at least gets two hands on it.

Failure to learn re slides and listen to combined wisdom of coaches = fail.

Eh. Something like that I'm not too upset about. The kid is in the heat of the moment trying to make a play. It's wrong, and I bet it gets nailed into him soon enough, but I hate to kill a guy for doing everything he can to try and make a play.

watch it again dood.. keller was wide open underneath and would've picked up around 8 atleast.. woodhead was wide open as well..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8151d14a/Grimes-ends-it-with-a-pick

I'm still baffled by the routes that Cotchery and Edwards were running. You can see that Edwards had to slow up just a bit when he was coming across on the post when the two of them crossed. I absolutely hate the way our passing game is set up right now. How many times have we seen INT's thrown where there are two receivers in the general area. There was another pass down towards the goalline that was deflected away from Keller and Edwards was right in the same area.

I'm honestly not ready to pass judgment on Sanchez until we get a competent offensive coordinator in here to run things.

I agree it was a bad decision. Still, a perfect throw, I think gets there. If you watch it, Braylon is reaching out for the ball which wizzes by him and and right into the safeties arms.

If he leads BE a little less, I think he makes the grab. Or, I should say, at least gets two hands on it.

Also notice that Braylon slows down when Cotchery cuts off his route. If Cotchery isn't cutting him off, that throw is pretty much right on target.

I'm still baffled by the routes that Cotchery and Edwards were running. You can see that Edwards had to slow up just a bit when he was coming across on the post when the two of them crossed. I absolutely hate the way our passing game is set up right now. How many times have we seen INT's thrown where there are two receivers in the general area. There was another pass down towards the goalline that was deflected away from Keller and Edwards was right in the same area.

I'm honestly not ready to pass judgment on Sanchez until we get a competent offensive coordinator in here to run things.

YEah.. i've made that point myself in the past..

it's pretty clear to me that schotty is no good, but on that one I didn't see the slow up.. I think if anything the receivers weren't used properly.. The goal here is for the guy running the go (cotch) to bring the safety and corner with him (and possibly cause a pick/confusion of the post runners man), but Cotch is just too damn slow. Had BE been running the go and Cotch the post, I think that play gets cotch open

YEah.. i've made that point myself in the past..

it's pretty clear to me that schotty is no good, but on that one I didn't see the slow up.. I think if anything the receivers weren't used properly.. The goal here is for the guy running the go (cotch) to bring the safety and corner with him (and possibly cause a pick/confusion of the post runners man), but Cotch is just too damn slow. Had BE been running the go and Cotch the post, I think that play gets cotch open

It's hard to tell from that video, but during the replay when I was watching on tv, they showed a different angle and it looked like he slowed up just a little. I agree that their roles should have been reversed on that play. Just another way that Schotty simply does not use his players effectively.

It's hard to tell from that video, but during the replay when I was watching on tv, they showed a different angle and it looked like he slowed up just a little. I agree that their roles should have been reversed on that play. Just another way that Schotty simply does not use his players effectively.

No. They'll be EXPECTING the receivers to run routes that fit their skill levels. Therfore do the opposite. That's what genius coaches do.

Archived