How long are you illing to wait??

Sanchez has show enough flashes where you know the talent is there. Once the game slows down for him and he gets a an OC who puts him in a position to succeed rather than obvious passing situations then he will be a decent QB. Whether he rises above that, only time will tell.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sanchez has show enough flashes where you know the talent is there. Once the game slows down for him and he gets a an OC who puts him in a position to succeed rather than obvious passing situations then he will be a decent QB. Whether he rises above that, only time will tell.

But why did we have to forfeit this season? We knew all that in the first 6 weeks of the season. The 3rd Quarter of the Bills game, that was the time to bench him, he had his baptism of fire, it would have done him more good to watch and learn, instead of sending him out there week after week to single handedly lose games for his team.

Remember these two things:

1. In Favre's first season with Atlanta he was 0-4 with 0 TD's and 2 INT's

and

2. Half way through the 07 season (his 4th) everyone was ready to run Eli out of town. Look how that turned out.

And Favre and Eli were also benched when they did poorly.

But why did we have to forfeit this season? We knew all that in the first 6 weeks of the season. The 3rd Quarter of the Bills game, that was the time to bench him, he had his baptism of fire, it would have done him more good to watch and learn, instead of sending him out there week after week to single handedly lose games for his team.

Please refer to the Tampa game for your answer

OK, Aikman was benched for Walsh.

:Typotux:

No he wasn't. Aikman was injured. Matter of fact, there was a thread about this a few weeks ago because Fatcessa was screaming that Aikman had been benched and that the Jets should do the same to Sanchez and then he had Jimmy Johnson on and Johnson shut his fat ass up with the truth.

Clemens got one start. They still won the game.

They did, but Clemens was horrible. If they were playing any opther team that day ti would have been a loss. If that's the case, then it's better to get Sanchez the reps as hopefully the ceiling is higher.

Remember these two things:

1. In Favre's first season with Atlanta he was 0-4 with 0 TD's and 2 INT's

and

2. Half way through the 07 season (his 4th) everyone was ready to run Eli out of town. Look how that turned out.

Reading thru this Message Board has been very much comic relief. A Majoirity

of the fans here would be crapping all over Flacco and Ryan this year. You are

right on Eli too, they would be running him out of town. Eli brought this team a

Super Bowl victory, he doesn't have to do anymore in his career.

To the fans that can't stand Sanchez, find another team to root for, because he

will be here for the next ten years.

No he wasn't. Aikman was injured. Matter of fact, there was a thread about this a few weeks ago because Fatcessa was screaming that Aikman had been benched and that the Jets should do the same to Sanchez and then he had Jimmy Johnson on and Johnson shut his fat ass up with the truth.

look, I'm not going to get into the minutia here, the point I'm making is

SOMETIMES IT DOES A QB GOOD TO BE BENCHED.

They did, but Clemens was horrible. If they were playing any opther team that day ti would have been a loss. If that's the case, then it's better to get Sanchez the reps as hopefully the ceiling is higher.

So Sanchez gets a W against Carolina, Clemens could have done the same thing.

Look, the point is there is nothing we know about Sanchez that we didn't know 6 weeks ago. if you think it's good for him going into next year setting a rookie QB record for INT's and singlehandedly losing games for his team, then we are just polar opposites when it comes to philosophy.

;)

I'd like someone to name a QB who skipped his senior season of college with less than 16 games of starting experience, who then started from game 1 of his rookie season.

Mark Sanchez did. Can't think of any quarterbacks, though.

I think this thread has gone a long way in proving my point. Like I said before, Sanchez's inexperience is as profound as his talent. I noticed a couple people said he just needs the game to slow down for him. This is where I disagree. I think that he also needs to just LEARN about being a QB. He has alot to learn about reading defenses presnap and after the snap. He has alot to learn about hot reads, and how to exploit a defense. In short, I really don't think he is not going to suddenly be a stud next year. His growing pains are going to last a while. It's going to take an enormous amount of patience on the part of Jets fans to get through it, and I just do not see that happening. Especially with a team as talented as we have right now.

Favre was benched when he was with the Falcons. And Eli didn't start his rookie season, Warner did.

Eli had a HOF QB in front of him, Sanchez has Joey bag of doughnuts

Favre was not a top 10 pick either and was far from a sure thing.

Look the point I'm trying to make here is just give him time he will get better. It does no one any good to jump to conclusions and write him off as a bust 14 games into his rookie season. Let him start and he will learn. It worked with Peyton, Eli, Aikman, ect.

Look the point I'm trying to make here is just give him time he will get better. It does no one any good to jump to conclusions and write him off as a bust 14 games into his rookie season. Let him start and he will learn. It worked with Peyton, Eli, Aikman, ect.

I'm not writing him off as a bust!

I'm just saying the Jets could have made the playoffs this year with a QB not throwing 3 picks a game.

I'm also saying that benching him would have done more good for him and his development going into next season. Every game he plays this season it's going to take that much longer next year to un**** himself.

How does an NFL front office possibly look at a kid with so little experience as Sanchez to be the savior of the team immediately? There has to have been one of two mistakes this FO made-they grossly underestimated the talent of the team outside of QB (highly unlikely), or they grossly overestimated the ability of a kid with so little experience to come in and make an immediate impact. Mark Sanchez is a classic case of a QB who needed to sit on the bench to learn the game of football. I've been saying this from day one.

I disagree with your whole premise.

I don't think Tanny drafted Sanchez to be an immediate savior. He had to know that this was a long term project. I also think his new head coach was the driving force behind drafting him. Rex came directly from a Baltimore team that made the playoffs with solid dee and a rookie QB, and I'm sure his ego told him he could repeat the process here.

It's also definitely my feeling that getting Sanchez out on the field ASAP was the best course of action. The biggest knock on him is his lack of experience, and there's only one way to get that.

You gotta think we are drafting defensively this year as there is no glaring offensive needs assuming we resign BE.

The offense has needs. I'll fully understand if the Jets go after DL in the first round if a guy presents himself, but they need offense after that. A big problem for Sanchez this year was losing Stuckey to a trade, being unfamiliar with Braylon, and losing Cotchery to injury. Jets need another WR as they have essentially nothing at the position after the two starters. Danny Woodhead is probably the next best guy, and they're still not sure if he's a receiver or a RB.

Also Keller has underacheived after one good spurt of games last season, and the Jets have absolutely no one else at the TE position. They need a solid utility man there who's capable of catching a pass - not Robert Turner.

John Elway had 3 brutal seasons too. Drew Brees was written off after his first few seasons, that's why they drafted Rivers. There's a very, very long list of successful QBs that just were not very good their first few seasons.

I tend to agree with this.

I didn't want Sanchez, either, with his lack of experience being my #1 concern. That's a genuine complaint, but at this point it's a moot point. He's here now, and the fans need to realize that he's probably going to take more time rather than less to get up to speed as a result. Or they can just be unhappy and complaining, which suits Jet fans well, too.

Hopefully we see some improved play next year with a year in the system and with the same receivers. Rex & Co. need to determine whether Schottie and Cavanagh have been good or bad for the kid, and act accordingly. Everything the Jets do in the offseason should be about making Sanchez a better QB. If he needs better coaching, they should get it for him. He does need better receivers, so that should be a priority.

I'd make bringing in a vet QB a priority too, to stand behind him and pose a threat to his starting position. Can't hurt.

Eli had a HOF QB in front of him, Sanchez has Joey bag of doughnuts

Favre was not a top 10 pick either and was far from a sure thing.

Bag of donuts or not, Clemens doesn't throw 5 picks against the Bills week 6 (a game where the Jets ran for like 200 yards) and Jets are going to the playoffs.

If we never got Favre we still could have drafted Sanchez this season and given him the year to sit. Assuming Chad stayed healthy here. In the end Favre screwed us again in another way. Dis Chad all you want, no way he throws 20 picks in a season with this offensive talent. He has never, ever played with this kind of talent before.

How in the heck could that have happened?

The only reason the Jets were able to move from 17 to 5 is because Mangini was the Browns' HC. If Mangini is still the Jets HC, the team would NEVER have been in a position to move up to get Sanchez.