SAY IT WITH ME..........

JOJOTOWNSELL

Mark Sanchez is a Rookie.............say it again, you will feel better.....

MARK SANCHEZ IS A ROOKIE!

Joe Flacco was an anomaly

Matt Ryan was an anomaly

Rookie QB's do NOT take their teams to the playoffs......All the meatballs on this site that had the Jets going to the playoffs after 3-0 start inflated the expectations on a ROOKIE qb.

What we built this year was an insane defense that we as Jets fans has never seen the likes of before. This D is gonna "beast the fook out" next year. I predict they knock 4 starting Qb's out of the game next year.

Also, the running game and O-line are superior to any team in the league.

Yes, we have the best D and best running game in the league.....AND A ROOKIE QB.

I predict we win the Super Bowl in 2010........Rex Ryan WILL meet Obama.....I've been waiting 30 years for a SB trip, i can wait another 12 months

VIVA SANCHEZ..........i am sooo damn proud of this team!

Sorry JoJo but the new rule is that once a draftee gets his picture taken with the commish, he's no longer a rookie. If he's not playing like a five or six year vet by week two, it's time to move on.

Mark Sanchez is a rookie.

Unfortunately, he's also bad at playing football.

So is a century's worth a rookie Q.B's who have turned into Studs. Johnny Unitas is in that list as well. Just relax guys, a Q.B isn't measured by his rookie year. He's measure after 2 or 3 seasons when the excuses run out and he's had time to learn.

I predict we win the Super Bowl in 2010........

That would be some trick!

But I agree with your whole "he's a rookie" thing. I think the Jets probably need to make some changes on the offensive coaching staff. They do that, and add a couple targets for Sanchez either thru the draft or free agency, and I'll be a little more optimistic about next season.

So is a century's worth a rookie Q.B's who have turned into Studs. Johnny Unitas is in that list as well. Just relax guys, a Q.B isn't measured by his rookie year. He's measure after 2 or 3 seasons when the excuses run out and he's had time to learn.

For everyone who sucked year one and turned to be good, there's 2 that sucked and continued to do so.

I don't expect him to be playing great. I expect him to show progress and learn from his mistakes. He's done neither.

You expect it to just 'click' when he's no longer a rookie, I expect gradual improvement, who's crazy?

Love the enthusiasm, not at all unrealistic. I wouldn't necesarily say I'm proud of this team, because in crunch times on offense and defense we tend to fold or not be able to finish, which is very disappointing.

However, I am proud of how this team has bounced back after losing its best players on offense and defense in Leon & Jenkins respectively.

jojo, you're dealing with a fan base that wasn't impressed with curtis martin or thomas jones

with that said, he aint a rookie anymore and he needs to show serious improvement, especially at home in the cold weather vs cincy

He's still a rookie until he has another training camp and he starts preseason next year.

he aint a rookie anymore

Not only is Sanchez still a rookie, but he's young and inexperienced by rookie standards.

Yes he needs to show improvement, but this winter is largely about him getting acclimated to playing in the bad weather for the first time in his life.

His lack of experience was a major red flag, and a good enough reason not to draft him at all, IMHO. But now that he's here, you have to realize that what they have on their hands is raw talent that's going to take a lot of molding and seasoning to get up to speed. I'd love for the fans to be patient with him and ease up on the booing, or all the Sanchez sucks talk on the boards or on the radio, but this is NY and I don't expect that to happen. But if you want the kid to succeed for the good of the team, and you're concerned about his mental development, laying off that negativity is something small that fans can do.

Heap the hate on Gholston, instead. He reeks of bustdom.

For everyone who sucked year one and turned to be good, there's 2 that sucked and continued to do so.

I don't expect him to be playing great. I expect him to show progress and learn from his mistakes. He's done neither.

You expect it to just 'click' when he's no longer a rookie, I expect gradual improvement, who's crazy?

You thinking for me and putting words into my mouth.. Great work.

I never said I expect him to "click" and get it one day. You don't think has been rattled by the interceptions? of course he has. His confidence has taken a hit. I hate to say this but Peyton threw 28 picks his rookie year. He looked awful the ENTIRE year. Eli looked brutal his first couple of years.

Mark will be fine, we watches a tremendous amount of film and he lives at the facility. If Mark becomes a dud it's not because he's not trying it's because he simply can't grasp it.

Gradual improvement doesn't come in the same 4month season. 4 MONTHS and people expect progress. Just relax skippy, wait until next year to judge. You can't do it with only 4 months of live bullets.

I never said I expect him to "click" and get it one day. You don't think has been rattled by the interceptions? of course he has. His confidence has taken a hit. I hate to say this but Peyton threw 28 picks his rookie year. He looked awful the ENTIRE year. Eli looked brutal his first couple of years.

Mark will be fine, we watches a tremendous amount of film and he lives at the facility. If Mark becomes a dud it's not because he's not trying it's because he simply can't grasp it.

Gradual improvement doesn't come in the same 4month season. 4 MONTHS and people expect progress. Just relax skippy, wait until next year to judge. You can't do it with only 4 months of live bullets.

Peyton

Manning

threw

touchdowns

his

rookie

year

Peyton

Manning

threw

almost

passes

his

rookie

year

Peyton

Manning

was

on

a

Colts

team

with

a

bottom

ranked

defense

It

is

not

the

same

thing

no

matter

how

many

times

people

point

to

Manning's

rookie

interception

total

Mark Sanchez is a rookie.

So would it have killed us to sign a veteran QB who has, you know, been around the game for a while and doesn't suck like Kellen Clemens?

We needed a "show-me-the-ropes" guy, not a "been-in-the-system-4-years-and-still-has-that-deer-in-headlights-look-when-he-goes-in" guy. We needed a guy who could have beaten out Sanchez for the job and forced Mark to take it from him.

We needed a guy who could have gotten us to the playoffs this season.

Your psychoanalysis of the NY Jets QB is irrelevant. I don't care if he's been rattled by INTs. All QBs throw them, you have to learn from them, and try not to do them again. He has done neither. If he can't handle the pressure of being an NFL QB, that's on him, and he should quit now, because it's only going to get worse when he doesn't have people saying 'Well, he's only a rookie'.

When you looked at Peyton Manning's stats, did you happen to notice the 26 TDs he threw his first year? Because while he did throw a ton of picks, he was just below a 1:1 ratio. On the other hand, Sanchez is looking at a 3:5 ratio, which isn't anywhere near what Manning did. That comparison is garbage. Eli's TD to INT ratio was 2:3, better than Sanchez, with less time to improve. In his 2nd and 3rd years, he threw 24 TDs each, double what Sanchez has done thus far and while he threw a lot of picks still, he still had a positive ratio, and was under 20 for both seasons. So, that comparison is also garbage.

Gradual improvement does come over the course of the season. In fact, by definition it continues to happen through the course of his career. Or, at least until he reaches his peak. And, you are apparently expecting something to just click, because you said I should wait until next year to judge, so obviously something is just going to click between then and now, as in 14 games played, not only has he not gotten any better, but he's arguably gotten worse.

Peyton

Manning

threw

touchdowns

his

rookie

year

Peyton

Manning

threw

almost

passes

his

rookie

year

Peyton

Manning

was

on

a

Colts

team

with

a

bottom

ranked

defense

It

is

not

the

same

thing

no

matter

how

many

times

people

point

to

Manning's

rookie

interception

total

Well done E.E. Cummings.

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan aren't anomalies. They're just good.

Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez is throwing an interception every 16 passes. Now take a look at the other QBs who are doing just as bad:

Josh Freeman: INT every 16 passes

Jake Delhomme: 18

Jay Cutler: 19

Matthew Stafford: 19

Tampa Bay, Carolina, Chicago, and Detroit. Not one of those teams has nearly enough talent surrounding their respective quarterback.

Mark Sanchez has the #1 running game in the NFL. Mark Sanchez has the #1 defense in the NFL. This is why we're *issed off.

He hasn't improved one bit since the beginning of the year. He's been in the league long enough to know that throwing INTs is bad and should be avoided, but it's like he's getting told to throw them.

While I agree with the latter sentiment.......................

He's thrown a few where receivers were less than a yard away from each other...

It looks like triple coverage but it isn't... There's just two effing receivers in the same area...

Happened again vs. Atlanta...

Happened in Buffalo...

Sanchez is still retardedly throwing the ball... But whoever is effing up these routes... Whether it be the receiver or the OC, they're part of the problem too...

And since I see different receivers doing it, I'm not going to blame them...

Not only is Sanchez still a rookie, but he's young and inexperienced by rookie standards.

Yes he needs to show improvement, but this winter is largely about him getting acclimated to playing in the bad weather for the first time in his life.

His lack of experience was a major red flag, and a good enough reason not to draft him at all, IMHO. But now that he's here, you have to realize that what they have on their hands is raw talent that's going to take a lot of molding and seasoning to get up to speed. I'd love for the fans to be patient with him and ease up on the booing, or all the Sanchez sucks talk on the boards or on the radio, but this is NY and I don't expect that to happen. But if you want the kid to succeed for the good of the team, and you're concerned about his mental development, laying off that negativity is something small that fans can do.

Heap the hate on Gholston, instead. He reeks of bustdom.

great post slats

Archived