SAY IT WITH ME..........

JOJOTOWNSELL

Some fans on this board are so pathetic and stupid. You can't determine whether Sanchez is a bust or not in one ****ing season.

I'm not saying he's a bust. He has the potential to be a good quarterback in the league. But you can't deny that it's frustrating to have him hold back the #1 defense and #1 rushing game in the NFL out of the playoffs.

Peyton

Manning

threw

touchdowns

his

rookie

year

Peyton

Manning

threw

almost

passes

his

rookie

year

Peyton

Manning

was

on

a

Colts

team

with

a

bottom

ranked

defense

It

is

not

the

same

thing

no

matter

how

many

times

people

point

to

Manning's

rookie

interception

total

Manning was also in a different offense than Sanchez? Let's give him Tom Moore

and Marshall Faulk too and maybe even Harrison

600 passes / 26 TDs= 23 passes before a TD

300 passes /12 TDs= 25 passes

What is your point?

I could say Sanchez won 6 games and Manning just 3

Stats often lie and can be manipulated

It seems to me that a lot of the people who are burying Sanchez now are the same ones that had us in the Super Bowl after a 3-0 start......THATS PATHETIC!

Goes to show that "New York" fans arent as savvy as they make themselves out to be. When people used to say, "you cant rebuild a team in NY you have to re-tool, the fans wont stand for it." I used to disagree......but its plain to see how "All or Nothing" we really are as fans.

After reading some of the comments on Sanchez you would think he played for the Dolphins or Patriots.......Don't turn this guys relationship with the fans/media into Patrick Ewing part 2. No one ever gave "The Big Fella" a break from the get go and he never truely opened up to NY.

The kid is making the mistakes he is supposed to be making......let him be! If he is doing the same things at the end of next year, then get on him

SAY IT WITH ME!!

I'm not saying he's a bust. He has the potential to be a good quarterback in the league. But you can't deny that it's frustrating to have him hold back the #1 defense and #1 rushing game in the NFL out of the playoffs.

your right! he missed those 3 kicks!!!

It seems to me that a lot of the people who are burying Sanchez now are the same ones that had us in the Super Bowl after a 3-0 start......THATS PATHETIC!

name names if you're so sure about this.

I had little confidence in this team even when we got off to a good start. I even said Sanchez's early success wasnt as great as everyone made it out to be.

But believe what you want to believe. I had them at 8-8 before the season. Looks like I wasnt far off.

name names if you're so sure about this.

I had little confidence in this team even when we got off to a good start. I even said Sanchez's early success wasnt as great as everyone made it out to be.

But believe what you want to believe. I had them at 8-8 before the season. Looks like I wasnt far off.

JetsFan80 suggested i be banned in week 4 for posting that the Titans game could be a trap game for the Jets.........(No beef Jetsfan80 but thems the facts!) People got hyped up off of 3-0, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Rex Ryan knew how the Falcons would try to beat him. They would target Tony Gonzalez on 4th down in the end zone. He called the perfect defense to defend it, crowding Gonzalez with four defenders, unfortunately no one stepped up to make a play.

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan aren't anomalies. They're just good.

Meanwhile, Mark Sanchez is throwing an interception every 16 passes. Now take a look at the other QBs who are doing just as bad:

Josh Freeman: INT every 16 passes

Jake Delhomme: 18

Jay Cutler: 19

Matthew Stafford: 19

Tampa Bay, Carolina, Chicago, and Detroit. Not one of those teams has nearly enough talent surrounding their respective quarterback.

Mark Sanchez has the #1 running game in the NFL. Mark Sanchez has the #1 defense in the NFL. This is why we're *issed off.

True, but then he probably has less experience than Freeman or Stafford, and probably a bigger weather adjustment for him.

It's not that he's not a bust, just that you can't really say one way or another just yet.

If we were running the Giants franchise, Eli Manning never would have won the 2007 superbowl. Why? Cause he'd have been on the bench the year before!

Manning was also in a different offense than Sanchez? Let's give him Tom Moore

and Marshall Faulk too and maybe even Harrison

600 passes / 26 TDs= 23 passes before a TD

300 passes /12 TDs= 25 passes

What is your point?

I could say Sanchez won 6 games and Manning just 3

Talk about lying and manipulating numbers. Manning had 575 attempts, not 600. And Sanchez has 329 attempts, not 300. I said "almost 600" attempts in an earlier post (which is accurate), and it was to starkly compare to the under-350 attempts Sanchez has; not so I could use exact mathematical ratios using that number. So in order to come up with these ratios, you bumped up Manning's pass attempts from 575 to 600 to make his TD ratio look lower than it was, and then lowered Sanchez's pass attempts from 329 to 300 to make his TD ratio look higher than it was. If you're going to do that, then why not "average off" their TD numbers and use 10 for Sanchez and 30 for Manning? Oh wait - because then it won't make them look the same. My bad.

Second of all, the Jets ground game is averaging more carries per game and more yards per carry than the 1998 Colts, regardless of who the respective RB's names are.

Third, as Manning's rookie season went on, he also improved DRAMATICALLY from his first handful of games, while Sanchez has done the opposite compared to his first few games. This isn't reflected in either QB's year-end stats, but the first 4 games he threw a ridiculous 11 picks to only 3 TD's. The last 12 games he threw 23 TD's to 17 INT's. After that 4th game of his rookie season, just over 2 years would go by before Manning had another 3-interception game. This is a far cry from Sanchez who has thrown 3 interceptions or more in each of his last 2 games where he was asked to throw a football over 17 times.

Sanchez has also fumbled 10 times compared to a rookie Manning's 3. If you want to include fumbles, then in pass attempts use 578 for Manning and 338 for Sanchez (I think one of his fumbles was on what would have been a handoff so use 9 instead of 10).

Lastly, the point of listing the gross TD number is not that Manning threw so many TD's per pass attempt. I incorrectly figured people could read between the lines to realize the take-home point of his TD total in reply to his INT total:

Manning: 26 TD's : 28 INT's = 8% more interceptions than TD's (close enough to 1:1)

Sanchez: 12 TD's : 20 INT's = 67% more interceptions than TD's (nowhere near 1:1)

That is why the 26 TD's is significant. With Manning's 26 TD's he would need to have thrown an ungodly 43 interceptions to equal Sanchez's TD:INT ratio.

This is shown in their TD and INT percentages (which are actually skewed a fraction in Sanchez's favor since his fumbles aren't counted in pass attempts):

Manning: 4.5% TD's, 4.9% Int's

Sanchez: 3.6% TD's, 6.1% Int's

So once we stop using your adjusted (read: bull***t) pass attempt numbers:

Manning averaged a TD every 22 attempts and an INT every 20 attempts

Sanchez averages a TD every 28 attempts and an INT every 16 attempts

I don't think it's fair to Sanchez to try compare him favorably to one of the best (if not the best) QB anyone's ever seen. Sanchez isn't as good as Manning as a rookie and won't be as good in his career. No one should expect that of him, so stop trying. He was better than Manning in his first 3 games and it ended there. Big deal -- after the first 2 games, Ryan Leaf looked better than Manning (statistically) as he led SD to a 2-0 start compared to Manning's 0-2 start, so I don't put too much stock in overanalyzing the first 2-4 games of someone's NFL career as a sign of things to come.

Talk about lying and manipulating numbers. Manning had 575 attempts, not 600. And Sanchez has 329 attempts, not 300. I said "almost 600" attempts in an earlier post (which is accurate), and it was to starkly compare to the under-350 attempts Sanchez has; not so I could use exact mathematical ratios using that number. So in order to come up with these ratios, you bumped up Manning's pass attempts from 575 to 600 to make his TD ratio look lower than it was, and then lowered Sanchez's pass attempts from 329 to 300 to make his TD ratio look higher than it was. If you're going to do that, then why not "average off" their TD numbers and use 10 for Sanchez and 30 for Manning? Oh wait - because then it won't make them look the same. My bad.

Second of all, the Jets ground game is averaging more carries per game and more yards per carry than the 1998 Colts, regardless of who the respective RB's names are.

Third, as Manning's rookie season went on, he also improved DRAMATICALLY from his first handful of games, while Sanchez has done the opposite compared to his first few games. This isn't reflected in either QB's year-end stats, but the first 4 games he threw a ridiculous 11 picks to only 3 TD's. The last 12 games he threw 23 TD's to 17 INT's. After that 4th game of his rookie season, just over 2 years would go by before Manning had another 3-interception game. This is a far cry from Sanchez who has thrown 3 interceptions or more in each of his last 2 games where he was asked to throw a football over 17 times.

Sanchez has also fumbled 10 times compared to a rookie Manning's 3. If you want to include fumbles, then in pass attempts use 578 for Manning and 338 for Sanchez (I think one of his fumbles was on what would have been a handoff so use 9 instead of 10).

Lastly, the point of listing the gross TD number is not that Manning threw so many TD's per pass attempt. I incorrectly figured people could read between the lines to realize the take-home point of his TD total in reply to his INT total:

Manning: 26 TD's : 28 INT's = 8% more interceptions than TD's (close enough to 1:1)

Sanchez: 12 TD's : 20 INT's = 67% more interceptions than TD's (nowhere near 1:1)

That is why the 26 TD's is significant. With Manning's 26 TD's he would need to have thrown an ungodly 43 interceptions to equal Sanchez's TD:INT ratio.

This is shown in their TD and INT percentages (which are actually skewed a fraction in Sanchez's favor since his fumbles aren't counted in pass attempts):

Manning: 4.5% TD's, 4.9% Int's

Sanchez: 3.6% TD's, 6.1% Int's

So once we stop using your adjusted (read: bull***t) pass attempt numbers:

Manning averaged a TD every 22 attempts and an INT every 20 attempts

Sanchez averages a TD every 28 attempts and an INT every 16 attempts

I don't think it's fair to Sanchez to try compare him favorably to one of the best (if not the best) QB anyone's ever seen. Sanchez isn't as good as Manning as a rookie and won't be as good in his career. No one should expect that of him, so stop trying. He was better than Manning in his first 3 games and it ended there. Big deal -- after the first 2 games, Ryan Leaf looked better than Manning (statistically) as he led SD to a 2-0 start compared to Manning's 0-2 start, so I don't put too much stock in overanalyzing the first 2-4 games of someone's NFL career as a sign of things to come.

Another Stats guy, First of all i used your figures 600 and 300 attempts

You like to slant ststs your way, How many catches by Colts RB;s? Do you know?

97 passes to Faulk and Warren, Different offense don't you think, I believe

Sanchez dump off option was Leon, who has been on sidelines since Raiders game

Do not give me Jones and Green as options please, both have hands of stone.

Chew on those stats for awhile. off to Acalpulco right now, maybe i will see

some Jet fans dive off some cliffs there. Gettting on plane now

Another Stats guy, First of all i used your figures 600 and 300 attempts

You like to slant ststs your way, How many catches by Colts RB;s? Do you know?

97 passes to Faulk and Warren, Different offense don't you think, I believe

Sanchez dump off option was Leon, who has been on sidelines since Raiders game

Do not give me Jones and Green as options please, both have hands of stone.

Chew on those stats for awhile. off to Acalpulco right now, maybe i will see

some Jet fans dive off some cliffs there. Gettting on plane now

You were the one who tried calculating the number of attempts per interception. You used real numbers for the picks but estimates for the attempts. Doing so made Manning look worse than he was and Sanchez better than he is.

Then you closed it with

which is pretty funny considering.

And GFY for posting about your tropical vacation while there's still snow all over the place here. I hope it rains there every day.

Seriously, have fun in Acapulco. Wish I was there instead of this ****hole.

JetsFan80 suggested i be banned in week 4 for posting that the Titans game could be a trap game for the Jets.........(No beef Jetsfan80 but thems the facts!) People got hyped up off of 3-0, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

So...

It's ok to go 1-6 over the next 8 weeks?

I'm not sure I'm following you, JOJO.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived