Boston Series

Maxman

Predictions?

Boston goes down in 5. No pitching. Asking Timlin to do too much in the pen.

The White Sox play fundamental baseball. Even though they can't hit with the Red Sox they will get the job done.

Well, if Boston can get at least 6 quality innings from most of it's starters, I like the Sox chances. Papelbon, Arroyo for "long relief" if needed. Meyers and scarey Bradford for special relief, Timlin to close - and God, please only with a lead.

I pick Boston in four. :shock:

Well, if Boston can get at least 6 quality innings from most of it's starters, I like the Sox chances. Papelbon, Arroyo for "long relief" if needed. Meyers and scarey Bradford for special relief, Timlin to close - and God, please only with a lead.

I pick Boston in four. :shock:

Boston is not getting 4 games in a row with 6 quality starts. Wells will step up. Wake will get it done but that is it.

The White Sox will be patient. They will work the count and get to the pen. Or lack there of.

Today's starter, Clement, is the most worrisome, in my opinion. I am confident about the others. Hench, the four game series. :wink:

Hey, wouldn't it be funny if the Angels swept the Yanks? :mrgreen:

That would be funny. Especially considering their ace gets owned by the Yankees.

Boston is not getting 4 games in a row with 6 quality starts. Wells will step up. Wake will get it done but that is it.

The White Sox will be patient. They will work the count and get to the pen. Or lack there of.

Sounds like the '98 Yanks, no?

Great starting pitching, and long ABs.

Ah, as I said, Clement was the most worrisome. The poor schmuck gets hit again. Has to be the third or fourth time this year.

Anyway, Chisox put the hurtin' on the Bosox today. It won't happen again. Like I said, my Sox in four. :wink: :lol:

BTW - forecast calls for rain Friday and part of Saturday. Would they postpone a playoff game? If so, how would that work?

Ah, as I said, Clement was the most worrisome. The poor schmuck gets hit again. Has to be the third or fourth time this year.

Anyway, Chisox put the hurtin' on the Bosox today. It won't happen again. Like I said, my Sox in four. :wink: :lol:

BTW - forecast calls for rain Friday and part of Saturday. Would they postpone a playoff game? If so, how would that work?

Yes they would just play on the travel day and fly out after the game.

SJ - did you see Millar mimicking swilling bourbon out of a bottle?

I think Tito was swilling the real thing, leaving Matt Clement in the game as long as he did

It's a miracle one of your fielders wasn't killed by one of those ICBM's that were being launched all over the yard

On second thought, the fielders were pretty much in a danger free zone ... but it's a miracle one of those fans in the outfield seats wasn't decapitated :shock:

INCOMING!!

RUN FOR COVER!!

:mrgreen:

Here is the one thing that would really worry me if I were a Red Sox fan.

The White Sox went through their bad stretch and were able to put Cleveland away. They look like a team right now that is ready to on a hot streak and prove that what they did for the first five months of the season was not a fluke.

Now you have seen Contreras who looks like a totally different pitcher then he did with the Yankees and now it is Garland and Buehrle the next two.

Strange thing though about the Red Sox and we have seen it a couple of times now. When you put their backs to the wall that is when they play their best baseball. So even if the White Sox won tonight I would not count Boston out.

The problem though is their pitching is NOWHERE near as good as it was last year. Add a team that has come out of their funk and are starting to play the way they did the first 5 months of the season and it could be a quick out for the Red Sox.

Here is what concerns me as a Redox fan: The Red Sox pitching is SHAKEY at best. If they proceed to the next series, it will be more luck than anything else. I admit this.

Calling the Red Sox pitching shakey is much like saying I think the Titanic has sprung a leak.

Archived