Boston Series

Maxman

Be advised from people that have seen it-Wells hasn't always been a great big game pitcher. Witness him getting shelled by the Angels, or spitting the bit vs. the Marlins. Worse, he is HATED in Chicago for his disasterous turn with the White Sox in 2000.The fans, press and teammates all turned on him. Further, he's no younger nor better-conditioned. Buehrle has been in a funk since the All Star break. Bottom line-this game really could go either way. And I wouldn't want the season of my team riding on the head case of David Wells.

Wells isn't hated by Chicago fans or players, he's credited for teaching Buehrle how to be a big league pitcher.

We were disapointed with his season, but considering we traded a guy who never pitched again for him (Sirotka), we took his run here as entertainment and our FO trying to win.

Buehrle was in a funk, but has really turned it on his last three starts and Freddy Garcia is pitching game three Garland game 4 if needed.

Credit AJ for the change in Contreras.

He speeds him up, forces him to pitch inside, and to use all of his pitches. Ditto Garland.

Holy sh*t!

I have no fingernails left!

What a freaking comeback!

Good defense, Great pitching, and timely hitting will win most of the time!

Buehrle pitched an awesome game tonight even though he gave up 4 runs.

He was 0-2 to almost everyone tonight the BoSox just did a great job early hitting.

We haven't won since 1917....is it finally time?

Leaving those f-ing Cubs alone in their loooong losing seasons?

If the Red Sox lose this Series, and granted it doesn't look good but neither did last year's ALCS, then I'd like to see Chicago take it. Gritty team.

Have to feel bad for Graff. He has been superb since being on the team and yes I want him over Bellhorn EVERY time. Just a little too much adrenaline on that play. GET THE GLOVE DOWN!

I thought Wells was decent. He gave up a couple of bad hits, but if Tony makes that play it is inning over and a momentum killer. He wasn't awesome, but he was good enough for the Red Sox to win.

Bring on Friday night!!!

Archived