Darren McFadden is a bigger bust than Gholston

Matt39

Slightly bored on Christmas Eve, obvi

Yeah, Gholston is barely an NFL level player, but with the unwarranted hype McFadden got before that draft and with the countless good backs selected after him- I think you could make a case he's the bigger bust. He's beeen awful in Oakland. Zero moves, taken down by the wind, only 2 rushes over 15 yards in 2 years.

Notable RB's selected after DMC(two from his own college team have been more productive)

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Chris Johnson

Rashard Mendenhall

Matt Forte

Ray Rice

Kevin SMith

Jamaal Charles

Steve Slaton

Tashard Choice

Tim Hightower

Justin Forsett

Peyton Hillis

Let's see. McFadden plays for a horrible team and ownership and has had some injury problems and shown flashes of the player he could be.

Gholston has played for a playoff caliber team with an organization that brings in players that can win now and a coach that is one of the better defensive minds and shownnothing except ripped abs.

Behind our offensive line, Run DMC could be close to Leon in terms of productivity. That being said he was never going to be a feature back or worth his draft slot, much like Reggie Bust.

Slightly bored on Christmas Eve, obvi

Yeah, Gholston is barely an NFL level player, but with the unwarranted hype McFadden got before that draft and with the countless good backs selected after him- I think you could make a case he's the bigger bust. He's beeen awful in Oakland. Zero moves, taken down by the wind, only 2 rushes over 15 yards in 2 years.

Notable RB's selected after DMC(two from his own college team have been more productive)

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Chris Johnson

Rashard Mendenhall

Matt Forte

Ray Rice

Kevin SMith

Jamaal Charles

Steve Slaton

Tashard Choice

Tim Hightower

Justin Forsett

Peyton Hillis

McFadden is a bust so far.

However, Gholston is a bust on "ALL TIME" levels. He's right up there with Ryan Leaf.

You almost can't fault Oakland draftees for how they pan out at this point. Their coaching staff is simply awful from top to bottom and has no clue whatsoever when it comes to bringing their young players along. It's a credit to Huff that he's played as well as he has on that team under their guys. Nnamdi's even starting to slip at this point, and I feel terrible for Louis Murphy, another of the doomed.

At this point getting drafted by the Raiders is akin to being drafted by the Clippers. You're more or less cursed from day one.

Let's see. McFadden plays for a horrible team and ownership and has had some injury problems and shown flashes of the player he could be.

Gholston has played for a playoff caliber team with an organization that brings in players that can win now and a coach that is one of the better defensive minds and shownnothing except ripped abs.

Behind our offensive line, Run DMC could be close to Leon in terms of productivity. That being said he was never going to be a feature back or worth his draft slot, much like Reggie Bust.

Word. McFadden averaged 4.4 ypc last year on a pathetic Raiders team and has been hurt this year on an even worse Raiders team. To continue on the theme that slats offered, who would you rather have on the roster going into next season? It's McFadden by a mile.

There should be a separate statistical category for "Raiders stats," which accounts for the diminished statistical numbers a player puts up for that god-awful franchise, and pro-rated if they played for a legit NFL squad. That team is awful.

The Raiders do suck, but both Bush and Fargas have been better than Mctackled on the same awful team. That list of guys taken after him is pretty impressive. Rice, Johnson, Stewart, Forte, Mendenhall, Jones, Charles... all of those guys are way better than DMC.

This is stupid. McFadden plays for the worst team in the NFL. He plays behind one, if not, the worst offensive line in the NFL. He plays for one of the worst owners and coaching staff in the NFL.

He actually has done SOMETHING. Gholston hasn't had a ****ing sack in his career. Are you kidding me? Jets fans deserve to stab that SOB.

This is stupid. McFadden plays for the worst team in the NFL. He plays behind one, if not, the worst offensive line in the NFL. He plays for one of the worst owners and coaching staff in the NFL.

He actually has done SOMETHING. Gholston hasn't had a ****ing sack in his career. Are you kidding me? Jets fans deserve to stab that SOB.

McFadden is atrocious. The Raiders have 5 wins. Bush and Fargas run ok, behind the same line.

The hype he receicved was mind boggling. He has no moves.

DMC can't break tackles. In the same fashion of his college days; if there is a huge hole, he will gain big yards.

I said it when he was coming out and will say it again...he could be a good receiver but he'll always be a below average RB.

I said J-Stew was a better back back then. Does this mean that I have credibility?

The fact that McFadden is a highly drafted RB seals this...RB is probably the easiest transition from college to pro.

I wanted us to draft Stewart, I thought he'd be a great powerback. He's not as good as I thought he'd be but he's a hell of a lot better the McFadden, who I thought was going to be a huge bust. As far as who's worse I'd give it to VG, at least DMF scored 5 TDs and has gained over a 1000 yards.

Word. McFadden averaged 4.4 ypc last year on a pathetic Raiders team and has been hurt this year on an even worse Raiders team. To continue on the theme that slats offered, who would you rather have on the roster going into next season? It's McFadden by a mile.

There should be a separate statistical category for "Raiders stats," which accounts for the diminished statistical numbers a player puts up for that god-awful franchise, and pro-rated if they played for a legit NFL squad. That team is awful.

I'm sorry but I think DMC would be electric behind our Oline.

McFadden is atrocious. The Raiders have 5 wins. Bush and Fargas run ok, behind the same line.

The hype he receicved was mind boggling. He has no moves.

He would fit perfectly behind our back. Do you remember how good Gholston's combine was? It was unbelievable. That guy is the worst ****ing player I have ever seen. He's just horrible.

I'm sorry but I think DMC would be electric behind our Oline.

I'm sure he could compile behind our line, much like TJ does. The only difference between him and TJ is that McFadden is faster, much more frail and injury prone, and has a fumbling problem. Put Felix Jones, Chris Johnson or J Stew behind our line and they would put up monster numbers. Hell, I'll go on record and say Shonn Greene will have a better career than Mctackled.

And yes, I would still trade Gholston for him.

Still think we need to turn Vernon into a TE or FB. The guys can hold his blocks like nobody else. This coaching staff needs to really think out of the box to unleash the monster that lies within VG. Trading him for Darren McNuthin would be a huge mistake. McNuthin couldn't score if he was Tiger Woods at the Playboy mansion.

Still think we need to turn Vernon into a TE or FB. The guys can hold his blocks like nobody else. This coaching staff needs to really think out of the box to unleash the monster that lies within VG. Trading him for Darren McNuthin would be a huge mistake. McNuthin couldn't score if he was Tiger Woods at the Playboy mansion.

Now there

What makes you think he'd be any good here?

Have you seen him run? He's terrible.

The dude is one of the most dominant backs to ever pass through the SEC, bro. You don't do that by mistake. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he plays for that circus in Oakland. How is he not better than Gholston? At least he shows up on a stat sheet.

The dude is one of the most dominant backs to ever pass through the SEC, bro. You don't do that by mistake. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he plays for that circus in Oakland. How is he not better than Gholston? At least he shows up on a stat sheet.
Suspectc the lack of professionalism around him in Oakland is the main reason he hasn't blossomed into a solid NFL back. And if you change that variable by moving him to a real professional organization that changes in a heartbeat.

I never understood that argument. COnsidering the SEC produces just as many busts as any other conference.

The guy ran through huge holes and used his speed to get to the wide side of the field. I never once saw him break a tackle or juke somebody.

Right now he's behind 2 mediocre at best backs. For the hype he recieved and being billed as the next Peterson, he's been a collossal bust. Bigger than Gholston, imo.

I dont think its even close that its the Ghost. McFadden, for as bad as he is, at least sees the field a little. Gholston simply does not play. He is not injured. He just cant play at this level right now. As of today he is the least productive player from the top of that draft by a wide margin. Unless he drastically improves he'll likely end up as one of the worst picks of the last 10 years.

He would fit perfectly behind our back. Do you remember how good Gholston's combine was? It was unbelievable. That guy is the worst ****ing player I have ever seen. He's just horrible.

In order for Gholston to be the worst player you've ever seen, you'd actually have to have seen him play...

Archived