THE OFFICIAL 2009-2010 BIG EAST BBALL THREAD

gangreenman

Okay, I did it... Big East play FINALLY starts today as WVU takes on Seton Hall at 3:30pm on CBS. Two undefeated teams starting off conference play on the only nationally televised game of the day seems appropriate.

Anyway, for all you Big East posters, a place to get away from the lesser conferences and discuss some real basketball! Enjoy the season everyone, and, of course, GO CUSE!!

Syracuse @ Seton Hall tonight... Just read Goodman on Fox Sports is predicting this to be Cuse's first loss of the season. Probably a hot pick for the experts, considering its our first true road game (even though itll probably be mostly a SU crowd in a sellout Prudential Center) against a team that started 7-0 in non con play and took WVU to OT at home a few short days ago. Also a great shooting team (or at least a frequent shooting team) to go against Cuse's 2-3 zone. Hopefully the players all understand that there are no gimme games in the Big East, and that #5 ranking just puts a big target on their back, especially for the teams like Seton Hall and Providence who will be looking to make a big splash.

OKAY, just got back.

Notes:

-Syracuse fans invaded "The Rock." At least HALF Orange [minus the student section. My section was about 75% Orange.

-Highest attendance ever for a college basketball game at the Prudential Center. I wonder why.

-The Prudential Center is kinda cool, but it ain't even CLOSE to the Garden or the Dome.

-Jeremy Hazell is the whole SH team. He dropped 30+ again tonight after a 40+ vs. WVU. (He isn't the most efficient guy in the world though, takes a lot of shots)

-Arinze played like a man tonight, dominated the post when he got the ball.

-The PA announcer didn't know how to pronounce Arinze's first name. He kept pronouncing it "Aarons"

-Scoop Jardine, the backup PG, played much better than Triche, the Freshman starter. It's a luxury having two talented PG's that can both fill in when the other is off or not in the game.

-Rautins had by far his worst game of the year. I think he only had 6 points and had some bad passes.

-Kris Joseph is coming along really nicely as a 3 off the bench. Love his versatility and athleticism. He'll only get better as he matures in a Cuse uniform.

-The Seton Hall cheerleaders SUCK.

-The Seton Hall band SUCKS.

-Syracuse played by far, IMO, their sloppiest and worst game of the season, and still pulled out a road win against a tough Big East opponent.

-The offense wasn't clicking and they still scored 80.

-First game all year the 'Cuse won a game by single digits. Every other game hasn't been relatively close.

-I think this team is Final Four good. They've shown twice so far (vs. Florida, vs. SHU) that they can still handle an opponent if they don't have their A game, even on the road.

-I am thrilled that the Big East season is under way!!!

Post Notes:

-The A Train sucks. I was waiting for 30 minutes at the Chambers Street station at midnight, before a guy told us that the A stopped running this week at midnight. Of course, my brother and I missed the last train by about three seconds.

-We went upstairs and took an easy cab ride into Brooklyn. 19 bucks, not the worst.

-Tonight was by far the coldest night of the year. Temp. was in the teens, and wind chill HAD to be below zero.

-GO CUSE!!!

OKAY, just got back.

Notes:

-Syracuse fans invaded "The Rock." At least HALF Orange [minus the student section. My section was about 75% Orange.

-Highest attendance ever for a college basketball game at the Prudential Center. I wonder why.

-The Prudential Center is kinda cool, but it ain't even CLOSE to the Garden or the Dome.

-Jeremy Hazell is the whole SH team. He dropped 30+ again tonight after a 40+ vs. WVU. (He isn't the most efficient guy in the world though, takes a lot of shots)

-Arinze played like a man tonight, dominated the post when he got the ball.

-The PA announcer didn't know how to pronounce Arinze's first name. He kept pronouncing it "Aarons"

-Scoop Jardine, the backup PG, played much better than Triche, the Freshman starter. It's a luxury having two talented PG's that can both fill in when the other is off or not in the game.

-Rautins had by far his worst game of the year. I think he only had 6 points and had some bad passes.

-Kris Joseph is coming along really nicely as a 3 off the bench. Love his versatility and athleticism. He'll only get better as he matures in a Cuse uniform.

-The Seton Hall cheerleaders SUCK.

-The Seton Hall band SUCKS.

-Syracuse played by far, IMO, their sloppiest and worst game of the season, and still pulled out a road win against a tough Big East opponent.

-The offense wasn't clicking and they still scored 80.

-First game all year the 'Cuse won a game by single digits. Every other game hasn't been relatively close.

-I think this team is Final Four good. They've shown twice so far (vs. Florida, vs. SHU) that they can still handle an opponent if they don't have their A game, even on the road.

-I am thrilled that the Big East season is under way!!!

Post Notes:

-The A Train sucks. I was waiting for 30 minutes at the Chambers Street station at midnight, before a guy told us that the A stopped running this week at midnight. Of course, my brother and I missed the last train by about three seconds.

-We went upstairs and took an easy cab ride into Brooklyn. 19 bucks, not the worst.

-Tonight was by far the coldest night of the year. Temp. was in the teens, and wind chill HAD to be below zero.

-GO CUSE!!!

Leon Washington was at the game too, for no apparent reason. Guess he's got nothing better to do with that bum-leg.

Oh, and for those of you who wouldn't have guessed, Syracuse fans >>> Seton Hall fans.

That is all.

Leon Washington was at the game too, for no apparent reason. Guess he's got nothing better to do with that bum-leg.

Oh, and for those of you who wouldn't have guessed, Syracuse fans >>> Seton Hall fans.

That is all.

Totally forgot! Leon was there, and I cheered my a$$ off for him.

What section were you in, GGM? I was in Sect. 14, behind the basket next to the Cuse bench. Crap ton of Syracuse fans in my section.

0-6 against them the past four years now I believe... Only one or two wins over them since Dixon took over. He and Jay Wright just seem to have had Boeheim's number the past few years.

The Big East is going to be as brutal as ever this year.

Btw... Nice hard-fought win for the Wildcats vs. Marquette yesterday. Thank god for Scottie Reynolds. He's not perfect, but he's got that special 'clutch' magic.

Nova absolutely demolished DePaul. When is Wainwright going to be fired? DePaul is not even good enough for a decent mid-major conference anymore.

Oh, and Marquette got a win over Georgetown tonight. I hope they used up all their upset mojo on that one, because they head to Philadelphia to play my boys on saturday.

Nova absolutely demolished DePaul. When is Wainwright going to be fired? DePaul is not even good enough for a decent mid-major conference anymore.

Oh, and Marquette got a win over Georgetown tonight. I hope they used up all their upset mojo on that one, because they head to Philadelphia to play my boys on saturday.

Some good Big East games on Saturday. Namely Marquette/Nova and G'Town/UConn.

Too bad it's WC weekend. :)

Anyway, Syracuse really hasn't been playing well of late. They let Memphis outplay them for a half, but pulled away in the second. Still, they haven't looked like the team that was dominating earlier in the season. I'll make further judgments about the Orangemen later in the BE season.

Archived