***OFFICIAL Jets vs Colts Game Thread***

Jetsfan80

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
check the guidelines, all official threads must have 4 * on each side!!!! This thread is an imposter!!

Last week's didn't. DLJ used these: ~ ~

Also, I searched some old ones, and the Jets-Pats game had three *'s. Granted, we played our worst game of the season with the three asterisks, but you can't say there's any protocol anymore with the way the gameday threads have been done this season.

In any case, no one was around to do it at midnite. No 124, DLJ, Max, SoFla, etc. No one. So its either this or nothing until someone would have woken up. Jerk.

Last week's didn't. DLJ used these: ~ ~

Also, I searched some old ones, and the Jets-Pats game had three *'s. Granted, we played our worst game of the season with the three asterisks, but you can't say there's any protocol anymore with the way the gameday threads have been done this season.

In any case, no one was around to do it at midnite. No 124, DLJ, Max, SoFla, etc. No one. So its either this or nothing until someone would have woken up. Jerk.

For the record I only started one thread this year-the second Patriots game in Foxboro which we all knew we had no shot to win. It was me essentially taking one for the team here, knowing that a guy who started a losing thread wouldn't really be wanted to start another.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is NO way to go about this DAMMIT.

I know, I know veejay, but I know it, you know it, we ALL know it. 31-13 Colts. Just do yourselves a favor and turn off the emotion chips in your brains today-use whatever means necessary-alcohol, drugs, grape Nehi-whatever it takes.

PFT's prediction:

Jets (7-7) at Colts (14-0)

Last week, Colts coach Jim Caldwell said he would play his starters four quarters. This week, he's not making any promises.

Judging by Indy's track record, we doubt Peyton Manning makes it past halftime. Perhaps Rex Ryan will send a few exotic blitzes at Manning to try to get one clean hit that scares Caldwell into calling off the dogs.

In the past, Manning was replaced by trusty veteran Jim Sorgi. Now the team has rookie Curtis Painter, a sixth-round draft pick. New York's excellent pass defense already could give the Colts problems. It will splat Painter.

The Colts will lose their undefeated season because they didn't try, the Jets will pick up a cheap win in the middle of the playoff race, and there's nothing the competition committee can do about it.

Pick: Jets 16, Colts 14

Hooray! :smilies2_puke:

Anyone rooting for that scenario can have it, but it's not for me.

PFT's prediction:

Last week, Colts coach Jim Caldwell said he would play his starters four quarters. This week, he's not making any promises.

Judging by Indy's track record, we doubt Peyton Manning makes it past halftime. Perhaps Rex Ryan will send a few exotic blitzes at Manning to try to get one clean hit that scares Caldwell into calling off the dogs.

In the past, Manning was replaced by trusty veteran Jim Sorgi. Now the team has rookie Curtis Painter, a sixth-round draft pick. New York's excellent pass defense already could give the Colts problems. It will splat Painter.

The Colts will lose their undefeated season because they didn't try, the Jets will pick up a cheap win in the middle of the playoff race, and there's nothing the competition committee can do about it.

I don't care if the Colts throw infants out there in their uniforms, I just want to be 8-7 by tonight and still alive.

PFT's prediction:

I'll root for us legitimately beating the Colts in the 1st half, then stomping them in the 2nd with the rookie QB in there, if indeed they do pull Manning.

But if it goes like PFT says it will go, I don't care. I'll take the win any way we can get it. With a Bengals team up next (who will likely be resting their starters too), this would re-open the door to the playoffs.

Exactly, PS17.

I don't care what Indianapolis does, I just want the Jets to be 8-7 and playing for something next Sunday at the REAL final game at Giants Stadium.

If the Colts play their starters the entire game, we will need a miracle and a perfect game to pull it off. That is just a fact. Pray for the Colts to bench Manning at halftime. But then again, if it's 14-10, I doubt they'll do that.

But if it goes like PFT says it will go, I don't care. I'll take the win any way we can get it. With a Bengals team up next (who will likely be resting their starters too), this would re-open the door to the playoffs.

Cincinnati will be battling New England for the 3rd seed. They won't rest starters. Marvin Lewis isn't an idiot.

PFT's prediction:

come on slats-you know the Jets will make Curtis Painter into the next Matt Schaub today-he'll be the hottest commodity this off season for every team looking to upgrade at the QB position and you KNOW there are going to be a lot of Jets fans saying WE should sign him since Sanchez, well kinda sucks and all-you've seen this movie before...we ALL have.

come on slats-you know the Jets will make Curtis Painter into the next Matt Schaub today-he'll be the hottest commodity this off season for every team looking to upgrade at the QB position and you KNOW there are going to be a lot of Jets fans saying WE should sign him since Sanchez, well kinda sucks and all-you've seen this movie before...we ALL have.

You're reverse jinxing, aren't you. You have never been this negative :-D

Cincinnati will be battling New England for the 3rd seed. They won't rest starters. Marvin Lewis isn't an idiot.

Really, whats the difference between 3rd and 4th seed? Is it really that important?

Marvin Lewis isn't an idiot, you're right; he's seen Carson Palmer get hurt and miss an entire season. He'll rest him.

If that's the only way the Jets can get into the playoffs this year, I'd much rather not get in. It's cheap, and they wouldn't deserve it. Beat two good teams at full strength to end the season and it's a different story. Beat two good teams resting their best players? No thanks.

You're reverse jinxing, aren't you. You have never been this negative :-D

This season is making even the most optimistic Jet fans negative.

FOUR times we've lost a game we've led or have been tied with the opposing team in the final 2 minutes. OH THE PAIN! :face:

PFT's prediction:

Florio's Jets hatred is absurd.

If that's the only way the Jets can get into the playoffs this year, I'd much rather not get in. It's cheap, and they wouldn't deserve it. Beat two good teams at full strength to end the season and it's a different story. Beat two good teams resting their best players? No thanks.

If we get to the playoffs and win while we're there, we won't need to prove to anyone that we "belonged". We've gone 0-4 in games decided by 4 points or less; its about time some good fortune gets thrown our way.

I don't want to be the only team in NFL history with the # 1 defense and # 1 running game to MISS the postseason. And hell, you didn't see Charger fans complaining about making the playoffs with an 8-8 record last season.

Really, whats the difference between 3rd and 4th seed? Is it really that important?

Marvin Lewis isn't an idiot, you're right; he's seen Carson Palmer get hurt and miss an entire season. He'll rest him.

Yes, it is. How can you even question if it's "really that important"? If Cincinnati and New England were both to beat Indianapolis and San Diego, that would determine who would have homefield for the AFC Championship Game. It is very important not only for that, but the 3 seed also gets the 6 seed instead of the 5, which depending on what team that is, could be a huge advantage.

Also, so what if Palmer missed a season? Won't mean anything. Marvin Lewis will not rest any starters against the Jets, you can count on that.

If Painter starts, I'll be rooting for him. F^ck the Jets. They should be in full control of their own destiny at this point, but they've blown too many games they should've won - even with a rookie QB throwing way too many picks.

We want a team who couldn't score more than seven points at home against the Falcons to get into the playoffs? For what?

This season is making even the most optimistic Jet fans negative.

FOUR times we've lost a game we've led or have been tied with the opposing team in the final 2 minutes. OH THE PAIN! :face:

I try to stay neutral, a little on the optimistic side. After the heartbreaking losses though, I am negative as hell, like last week I didn't want to hear about Playoff scenarios after we lost to ATL. But then, as the week goes on, I always start thinking positive, only to get my hopes crushed again.

Insanity = doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Archived