Is D'Brick retarted?

vinnys025

I know they ran an overload on one of the plays. As aforementioned, D'Brick had one of two guys to choose from, he chose the DT closer to the ball, and let Freeney loose. Elite QBs recognize this and get rid of the ball quicker. Sanchez gets blown up no matter what on that play.

oh yeah! "elite" rookie qb's huh?

oh yeah! "elite" rookie qb's huh?

Not sure I get the sarcasm here?? I just said that an elite QB, such as Manning or Brady, will usually recognize the overload and get rid of the ball quicker, so as to avoid the sack. What's so crazy about that?? Never said a Rookie should be elite and do that, I'm just saying it's a difficult play, and you really cannot place the blame on one single player.

Not sure I get the sarcasm here?? I just said that an elite QB, such as Manning or Brady, will usually recognize the overload and get rid of the ball quicker, so as to avoid the sack. What's so crazy about that?? Never said a Rookie should be elite and do that, I'm just saying it's a difficult play, and you really cannot place the blame on one single player.

i thought you were blaming the rook, sorry

No worries. Just a good defensive play call, tough to place the blame. Regardless, I almost pissed myself when I saw Freeney running free at Sanchez...twice.

It actually IS on Sanchez. He has to recognize the blocking scheme isn't accounting for the end and he has to audible the formation.

It actually IS on Sanchez. He has to recognize the blocking scheme isn't accounting for the end and he has to audible the formation.

Yes. But as an olineman, you should know where the blocks are going and if there are any backs in the backfield blocking as well. He should've known that Freeney would've had a free shot at the quarterback so I guess they both get the blame.

Yes. But as an olineman, you should know where the blocks are going and if there are any backs in the backfield blocking as well. He should've known that Freeney would've had a free shot at the quarterback so I guess they both get the blame.

I believe the tackle just has to go where he's told to go in the play call. He doesn't have the ability to pick where he wants to block, just where the play calls for him to go, unfortunately.

When I saw that empty backfield the 2nd time, MFed Schott before the sack.Those 2 plays and the double reverse on 1st and 10 were AWFUL calls. That empty formation has to be torn out of the playbook, burned, shredded and then dumped far from the Jets' practice facility. Sanchez isn't experienced enought to deal with that, so don't call it, ever.

Nah, I dunno. There was something fundamentally wrong with that formation and playcall which was the same both times. Pretty sure Sanchez doesn't do the line calls, it's Mangold. Sanchez took the blame in his presser, saying it was his fault that he didn't get the ball out.

I lol'd at that.

Here's a question. Putting myself in Ferguson's shoes, do I block the man closest to the ball or Freeney? Neither, I intentionally jump for the false start and tell the QB to tell the OC he'd like a play call that doesn't give anyone a free run at him. You get the same loss of yards you would get from the sack while removing the chance of an injured QB or errant rushed throw/INT. That's just me though.

as I was watching that I thought how that never would have happened to Manning. He lines up and looks at the defense-every guy, and would have been pointing fingers and yelling "somebody block this beast" or called a TO.

Schein said it yesterday on Post Game Live that had things NOT gone the Jets way that Schottenheimer would be under the microscope again for shoddy play calling-which the two Freeny sacks were the result of...

as I was watching that I thought how that never would have happened to Manning. He lines up and looks at the defense-every guy, and would have been pointing fingers and yelling "somebody block this beast" or called a TO.

Schein said it yesterday on Post Game Live that had things NOT gone the Jets way that Schottenheimer would be under the microscope again for shoddy play calling-which the two Freeny sacks were the result of...

+1

Sanchez has to make that call. As a rookie I don't know how much I'd kill him for that. But one would think he'd know who's the most likely player on Indy to rip his head off, and if he sees that player about to be unblocked to call timeout or audible.

That's the kind of stuff that does NOT bother me from a rookie. If it happens once or twice, then it comes with the territory. The stuff that kills me is the stuff that gets repeated several times. Hopefully even Schottenheimer says to him, as they're going over film, if you see this don't just run the play or your season could be over in a flash.

So I think it was on Sanchez but I wouldn't kill him too much for it.

+1

Sanchez has to make that call. As a rookie I don't know how much I'd kill him for that. But one would think he'd know who's the most likely player on Indy to rip his head off, and if he sees that player about to be unblocked to call timeout or audible.

That's the kind of stuff that does NOT bother me from a rookie. If it happens once or twice, then it comes with the territory. The stuff that kills me is the stuff that gets repeated several times. Hopefully even Schottenheimer says to him, as they're going over film, if you see this don't just run the play or your season could be over in a flash.

So I think it was on Sanchez but I wouldn't kill him too much for it.

it's just basic football-the same stuff we all did at the schoolyard playing-you look for the baddest MFer across the line and make sure somebody's got him. Again, it's Schottenheimer being too cute by half...

it's just basic football-the same stuff we all did at the schoolyard playing-you look for the baddest MFer across the line and make sure somebody's got him. Again, it's Schottenheimer being too cute by half...

BS has to tell him "in this formation, when you line up make sure there isn't an unobstructed path from a RDE to your helmet. If there is, audible to _______ or call timeout."

At the same time, Sanchez is a rookie but to the best of my knowledge he isn't blind and I'm fairly certain he knows who Freeney is and what number he wears.

Good OC or bad OC, a veteran QB does something about it. Some things you learn in practice or in the film room. Some things you learn by getting knocked on your ass. This one, Sanchez has (hopefully) learned by the latter.

When I saw that empty backfield the 2nd time, MFed Schott before the sack.

Perfectly acceptable to MF Schott whether he was at fault or not on any given play. If he wasn't at fault, you know there are countless times when he is and you just don't know it. I MFed him all afternoon.

Perfectly acceptable to MF Schott whether he was at fault or not on any given play. If he wasn't at fault, you know there are countless times when he is and you just don't know it. I MFed him all afternoon.

Do not blame Brick- actually Mangold will most likely call the line assignments so he has to get some blame also.

Do not blame Brick- actually Mangold will most likely call the line assignments so he has to get some blame also.

I think the QB has to audible his way out of this or call a TO. Peyton would have turned the situation to gold somehow.

D-Brick, being a seasoned veteran, should have known Freeny had one responsibility and that was to rush the passer. He had the most responsibility on both plays and he failed. I dont give a damn what the play calls for great players adjust and D-Brick did not adjust and this is a prime reason why he is NOT a great player.

D-Brick, being a seasoned veteran, should have known Freeny had one responsibility and that was to rush the passer. He had the most responsibility on both plays and he failed. I dont give a damn what the play calls for great players adjust and D-Brick did not adjust and this is a prime reason why he is NOT a great player.

the Colts were bringing 6 the Jets had 5, Brick blocked the closer player to Sanchez, that's the job he's supposed to do. Mark has to audible a blocking back in or just know to get rid of it.

the Colts were bringing 6 the Jets had 5, Brick blocked the closer player to Sanchez, that's the job he's supposed to do. Mark has to audible a blocking back in or just know to get rid of it.

Great players let the tackle kill him instead.

Yep. Ferguson's responsibilities do not include changing the line calls, audibling out of the current play, or calling time out because he doesn't like his blocking assignment.

Yep. Ferguson's responsibilities do not include changing the line calls, audibling out of the current play, or calling time out because he doesn't like his blocking assignment.

Rex was asked about it at his post game and said D'Brick did exactly what he was supposed to do-block in. I blame the OC first and the QB second-Sanchez could have gotten a season ending injury on either one of those plays-again even Schein and Lucas both criticized Shottenheimer for those two crappy calls

So I guess when D-Brick Stepped up to the line knowing there was no back in the backfield to slow down Freeny he giggled to himself "damn sanchez is going to get killed on this play"

Stop sticking up for players like D-Brick on plays he should be recognizing. Doubleteaming an inside guy with Faneca is NOT the right decision. Players are NOT locked in on passing plays. Its should have been very easy for Him to see Freeny and realize what was happening next. If you think O-Lineman cant adjust to what they see just like every other player on the field your dead wrong. Just like QB's and WR's have to recognize the blitz and be on the same page its up to O-Lineman to adjust to what they see as well unless you think its all a guessing game and players are supposed to do exactly what the play calls for with no adjustments.

The Jets happened to be in a tight formation which means there would have been someone on that inside lineman, All DBrick had to do was let Faneca know he had to take on Freeny and Faneca would have adjusted as well Sanchez had no chance on either play to even look up at his hot reciever.

Bad play on the first one and just plain stupid play on the second. By all three people involved. Shott, D-Brick and Sanchez.

Archived