Shotty's time here is done...Period.

villain_the_foe

We are a running team. There should have never been a time where Sanchez had an empty backfield when we've seen the Colts rush one more passer and played Freeney up on the line but wide on the edge. Most immediately blamed D'brick but Freeney wasnt Bricks responsibility, that was the "RUNNING BACKS" responsibility. There's no way in the world that Shotty should have allowed Freeney to get two shots in,.....no, two wide open shots in on Sanchez.

Whats more disturbing is that both sacks virtually ended the Jets offensive drive which on both occassions the Jets were marching down the field against the "full powered" Colts defense....lets keep this in mind. They ran the ball and set the pass up through the run....how its supposed to be done in our style of football.

Shotty also thwarted another offensive drive with a double reverse against one of the fastest defenses in the league that is part of an undefeated team.

I want people to understand what I am saying. This is bigger than Shotty being just horrible as an OC, this is literally showing situations where potential points were wiped clean not by the Rookie QB, but the OC that doesnt understand his opponents strengths.

To be a running team first and have a empty backfield indicating that we're taking our "best offensive approach away for you to see" is absolutely beyond me, and I've seen Shotty do this throughout the year, in redzone situations etc.

Yes I heard what Gumble said about Rex being acceptive of Shotty coming back, and let me tell you do not believe the hype. Sanchez had one of his best games today when the style of offense based off the running game. Sanchez had an empty backfield twice, Sanchez was sacked viciously twice.

We will have a new OC coordinator next year and instead of having 8 wins going into week 17 like now I hope that we have 11 wins going into week 17 like we should have this year.

And maybe we'll be able to utilize our "HYBRID TE" accurately as well. Oh, and Shonn Greene is a f'ing BEAST!

Shotty also thwarted another offensive drive with a double reverse against one of the fastest defenses in the league that is part of an undefeated team.

I don't understand the whole concept of the double reverse and don't know why anyone would even call it. With a reverse you draw the defense to one side and then go to the other. With a double reverse you draw the defense to one side ... and then go to that side.

I think the Jets have a problem down the road with Shotty calling so many Toss Sweeps for Shonn Greene. Eventually opponents are going to prepare for that, just like they already expect a run every time they see TJ lined up deep.

I don't think Shotty understands that the most useful type of unpredictability is when opponents can't predict the play from the formation. During their glory years teams like the Niners, Bills, Cowboys and Rams could line up with same players in the same basic formations and no one knew what they hell they were going to do. When the Jets break from the huddle there is some uncertainty as to how they are going to line up because they use a lot of formations each game. Big deal. Once they are lined up you know what play is coming. Its not knowing whats coming until the play is run that outsmarts the defense, but Shotty does not grasp this.

I'm no fan of Schotty, but with the way Sanchez has played this year he's really in an impossible position. The running game has been very good this year but it's not the type of running game where you can just feed Jones the ball all game and still move the ball on offense. There are way too many 0 yard and negative runs. He obviously can't let Sanchez loose throwing to open up the run either.

I don't know how any one can say that Sanchez played well today either. I guess we've gotten to the point where the lack of glaring negatives is somehow seen as a positive. I can't really say he played badly either, since he did absolutely nothing. Looked a lot like the Kellen Clemens gameplan against the Bucs to me.

So I guess as an offensive coordinator I have no problem with the game he called today, although there's no chance of the Jets beating a good team with that type of game plan. As far as the development of Sanchez and his regression though, there's plenty of reasons to send this clown packing after the season.

Shottys calling wasnt that bad this game. He mixed it up well and Sanchez played a great game. As much as he aggravates me sometimes i have to say consistency is what builds championships and id like to see him with Ryan for another year.

In a play by play situation, no he didnt call a bad game. In respect to potential points being wiped clean 3 different times because of 3 stupid plays in which two of those plays could have gotten Sanchez hurt, I say he called a horrible game.

Those plays had the potential of giving us between 9pts and 21pts. Those 3 plays took away points for us IMO. This was also a playoff game for us technically. If Peyton would have stayed in the game and we would have lost that game are you saying that it would be wrong for me or anyone else to point these situations out as reasons why we didnt score on offense? Granted the defense and ST's put up 7 points each as well. Its Shotty's playcalling that would have been the deciding factor on why we didnt make the playoffs/lost a playoff game.

I know Sanchez is having a "Rookie Season" but that doesnt excuse a veteran Coordinator/Coach in Shotty whatsoever.

Shottys calling wasnt that bad this game. He mixed it up well and Sanchez played a great game. As much as he aggravates me sometimes i have to say consistency is what builds championships and id like to see him with Ryan for another year.

lol where was the championship from Herm's 5 years and Mangini+Schott's 3 years? Consistency is good, but you need the right talent, players and coaching to win above that.

Where was the consistency for the Buccs SB win awhile back? They had Dungy all those years and then got Gruden who won it right away with Dungy's players. Dungy may have won it that year too, we'll never know, but I do know the change worked out and they did in fact win it without consistency.

If Mike Martz wants the job, he should get it. It depends on who wants the job. I'm not opposed to Callahan getting the job either, that's consistency because he's promoted from within anyway. I'm not a fan of Schott at all and don't think he's the right guy to really pull for consistency with.

Archived