Why not send Brooks to NFL Europe?

4HCrew

I'm not a big fan of NFLE. If you plan on using these guys for the upcoming season, most of these guys can't make it through a 16 game schedule. See Swyane.

I would have loved to have seen what Tim McGill had to offer at nose tackle. He is a former Arena League player, who was on the Jets practice squad most of last year. He is an athletic 6-foot-1, 330-pound guy, but he'll be burnt out in my opinion to give us 100% for the 2005 season.

I'm not a big fan of NFLE. If you plan on using these guys for the upcoming season, most of these guys can't make it through a 16 game schedule. See Swyane.

I would have loved to have seen what Tim McGill had to offer at nose tackle. He is a former Arena League player, who was on the Jets practice squad most of last year. He is an athletic 6-foot-1, 330-pound guy, but he'll be burnt out in my opinion to give us 100% for the 2005 season.

The guys you send over there are more project types and developmental players. For someone to play a season there and then go right to training camp back here is brutal.

Specifically regarding Ricky Ray, because that's come up too, the CFL has a "thing" about seeing their former stars in NFLe.

When they let their former stars jump early to the NFL, they are strictly forbidden from playing in NFLe (by rule).

Since Ray spent 2004 in the NFL, he could go to NFLe by rule. Nontheless, I'm sure Bradyway sagely doesn't want to "step on toes", considering the Jets relationship with the CFL is solid. Praise for Terry.

Blame Dennis Green for this mess. The Vikings signed a couple CFL stars a few seasons back, then he went to "blabbing" to the local media that the players (mostly regarding Winnepeg folk hero/ LB Ryland Ryckman) basically meant nothing to the Vikings and were merely filling NFLe requirments--what a freakin idiot :oops:

CFL teams took offense, as they should, and basically said no more NFLe for our players.

The Bucs recently voided the contract of a CFL when they found he couldn't play in NFLe ( S Kyries Herbert).

Specifically regarding Ricky Ray, because that's come up too, the CFL has a "thing" about seeing their former stars in NFLe.

When they let their former stars jump early to the NFL, they are strictly forbidden from playing in NFLe (by rule).

Since Ray spent 2004 in the NFL, he could go to NFLe by rule. Nontheless, I'm sure Bradyway sagely doesn't want to "step on toes", considering the Jets relationship with the CFL is solid. Praise for Terry.

quote]

... nice info R44 ...

thank you, this was news to me ... i hope you don't mind but i'm going to keep my eyes & ears opened for future posts by you

l_j_r

Thanks _j_r, I'm glad I could add something tangible.

Basically, the CFL was close to folding a while back, until the NFL handed them a huge loan...Out of "gratitude", they allowed the NFL to poach their best players a little early.

Dennis Green and the Vikings started just signing CFL players left and right and sending them to Europe, then went as far as telling the media they were "extreme NFL shots", who we don't even need.

CFL saw this as a breach of their agreement and they put up a big fuss. They don't want to be seen as a "minor league" for NFLe.

Bradway, as I stated, could've sent Ray--because he spent 2004 in the NFL. But he did the right thing by not sending Ray.

Archived