Sign in to follow this  
Green Jets & Ham

So RSN and all Yankees haters ... what's Plan B?

The Red Sox, we have been told a thousand times since Sunday, drew the much easier matchup :roll:

The Yankees, we have been told since Sunday, drew the short straw and had to travel to the West Coast to play a much tougher Angels teams :-k

GAME 1 RESULTS

Chisox 14 :snip:

Bosox 2 :chas:

Yankees 4 :box:

Angels 2 [-X

As the old saying goes fellas ... be careful what you ask for, you just might get it :comb:

Anyway, I hope you guys have a Plan B, cause right now Plan A is not lookin very promising :fish:

I gotta admit, this depresses me to no end. Seeing the Yanks prosper with that disgustingly huge payroll and with two openly-acknowledged steroid users fueling the offense just makes me long for the purity of sport. What ever happened to fair play? What happened to America? What happened to Joe DiMaggio? Willie Mays? John F. Kennedy? When did the dream die? When did the pulse of this great nation stop beating? Where is the heart? Where is the soul? Answer me, Yankee fans...has it all been worth it, to spit on the American Dream, all for a silly ring? I hope you sleep well tonight. I really do. God Bless America...whatever George Steinbrenner leaves of it.

Old_Glory.jpg

God bless America, land that I love

Stand beside her and guide her

Through the night with the light from above

From the mountains To the prairies,

To the ocean white with foam

God bless America, My home sweet home.

I gotta admit, this depresses me to no end. Seeing the Yanks prosper with that disgustingly huge payroll and with two openly-acknowledged steroid users fueling the offense just makes me long for the purity of sport. What ever happened to fair play? What happened to America? What happened to Joe DiMaggio? Willie Mays? John F. Kennedy? When did the dream die? When did the pulse of this great nation stop beating? Where is the heart? Where is the soul? Answer me, Yankee fans...has it all been worth it, to spit on the American Dream, all for a silly ring? I hope you sleep well tonight. I really do. God Bless America...whatever George Steinbrenner leaves of it.

Old_Glory.jpg

Gas is $3 a gallon and the Yankees are killing America?

Old_Glory.jpg

God damn, I hate you.

Answer me, Yankee fans...has it all been worth it, to spit on the American Dream, all for a silly ring?

Indeed it is 8)

I hope you sleep well tonight. I really do.

I always sleep well after a big win .. like a newborn baby .. but thanks for your concern, my brother :wink:

God Bless America...whatever George Steinbrenner leaves of it.

Old_Glory.jpg

:-({|=

PS. To steal a phrase from Joe D, with a slight variation .... I Just wanna thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee fan :win:

It has already been mentioned in this thread but the Yankees represent what is GREAT about this country. There is NO limit to what you can do, to what you can accomplish.

The Yankees spend more no doubt. But they weren't handed that. When George bought the Yankees they were worth nothing. Nobody wanted them.

He turned them into the EMPIRE they are today. So TomShane and all his negative posts....well he is just way off base on this one.

Instead of being a man. Instead of saying wow they played a great game. He says the Yankees are ruining America. Okay Tom thanks for the thoughts. But we feel your time would be better served reading a History book or two.

The Yankees are America.

Nice wins by Chicago and the Yankess but these are 5 game series.

After last years ALCS one would think that all have learned that gloating after game one of a series may cost you a Mulligan or two.

Nice wins by Chicago and the Yankess but these are 5 game series.

After last years ALCS one would think that all have learned that gloating after game one of a series may cost you a Mulligan or two.

As long as we have the Mayor of Mulligan Island on our side then we have no worries. :lol:

Fat Lady has sung a thing, boys - shoot, she's not even gargling with mouthwash yet.

Mussina did pitch a terrific 5-something innings. Torre sure knows how to coddle this guy, motivate this guy and which buttons to push. Clement looked like a scaredy cat out on the mound. Today Wells. He's no scaredy cat. Fat cat, maybe. :lol:

Ah - karma. Somehow, sometime it does come and get it's due. So, true....

My Patsies, by the way, are (were) a modern day NFL version of a dynatsy. Certainly not nearly as "dynastic" as your beloved Yankees, but I would have assume you would understand history when you see it. Then again, you do have your blinders on a lot of the time....

Plan B? Watch the games today and hope that the outcomes are different.

Ah - karma. Somehow, sometime it does come and get it's due. So, true....

My Patsies, by the way, are (were) a modern day NFL version of a dynatsy. Certainly not nearly as "dynastic" as your beloved Yankees, but I would have assume you would understand history when you see it. Then again, you do have your blinders on a lot of the time....

I like karma. Because what goes around does come around.

Life is so much fun because of it.

I like karma. Because what goes around does come around.

Life is so much fun because of it.

How can you believe in karma when evil Steinbrenner is allowed to keep winning? Does the pact with Satan trump karma? :wink:

Karma sometimes takes it's time, sometimes it is swift, sometimes it is subtle, sometimes it smashes you over the head. You'll see.

Karma sometimes takes it's time, sometimes it is swift, sometimes it is subtle, sometimes it smashes you over the head. You'll see.

Professor Garb is teaching me about Karma now. Oh man...let me take notes!

:wink:

I'm no professor! I'm a SPY! Remember? :lol:

At least your are a loyal spy.

The Red Sox, we have been told a thousand times since Sunday, drew the much easier matchup :roll:

The Yankees, we have been told since Sunday, drew the short straw and had to travel to the West Coast to play a much tougher Angels teams :-k

GAME 1 RESULTS

Chisox 14 :snip:

Bosox 2 :chas:

Yankees 4 :box:

Angels 2 [-X

As the old saying goes fellas ... be careful what you ask for, you just might get it :comb:

Anyway, I hope you guys have a Plan B, cause right now Plan A is not lookin very promising :fish:

Main difference between GJ & H (Yankee fan) and myself (Yankee hater):

I show up, every day, rain or shine.

Ham (aka Mr. Mulligan) starts 90 % of the day's threads when the times are good, but completely disappears when they aren't. Much like JonEJet.

At least he's consistent. #-o

Ham (aka Mr. Mulligan) starts 90 % of the day's threads when the times are good, but completely disappears when they aren't. Much like JonEJet.

Good call on Mussina starting game 1. [-X

Old_Glory.jpg

You become more of a punchline with each passing day. I honestly think it's a disgrace that you're even a Jets "fan."

LMAO. This from an ardent JBF supporter. Wow it took me a few minutes there to even remember the guy's name. He sure hasn't been around in a while.

Good call on Mussina starting game 1. [-X

It's better to show up EVERY DAY, make your mistakes and take your lumps than not show up at ALL when the chips are down.

It's better to show up EVERY DAY, make your mistakes and take your lumps than not show up at ALL when the chips are down.

You show up everyday?

Bwa-hahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha'

hahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahhahahaah

True dat, 80. But one cannot be expected to show up all day/every day, and answer for every little loss or big loss as the case may be.

I mean, Ham and smizzy have to realize that not everyone on this board is a burger flipping moron who lives in their mom's basement. Some of us have jobs and lives.

Now, I find it unfathomable that Yankee fans are still prematurely running thier mouths. Have they learned not a thing since last year?

True dat, 80. But one cannot be expected to show up all day/every day, and answer for every little loss or big loss as the case may be.

I mean, Ham and smizzy have to realize that not everyone on this board is a burger flipping moron who lives in their mom's basement. Some of us have jobs and lives.

Now, I find it unfathomable that Yankee fans are still prematurely running thier mouths. Have they learned not a thing since last year?

then why is it whenever the Sox win, your ugly mug is always here?

whens the last time they lost and you still showed up?

then why is it whenever the Sox win, your ugly mug is always here?

whens the last time they lost and you still showed up?

Because I have a job and a sex life. No offense. So occasionally, I take a night off from the internet and plan my lessons for the week and have sex with my g/f.

Again, no offense. And FYI...its the 2nd inning and I have no idea if the Sox are gonna win or lose (unlike JonE, I dont make dumbass predictions) I will be online tonight.

You show up everyday?

Bwa-hahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha'

hahahahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahhahhahahaah

Yes.

JonE, I would seriously not go this route if I were you. If anyone is worse than JBF about not showing up after a loss, it is you.

I deserve respect for the simple fact that I am a Mets fan and have no reason to show up, yet keep coming back strong day after day. Want to question my intelligence? Go for it. My integrity and consistency? Well....

how%20about%20a%20nice%20cup%20of%20shut%20the%20fuck%20up.jpg

You've been a joke all year

Get to bed, I'm sure you have an 8 O'Clock that I've already passed