David Harris

jetophile

I saw a pretty dope T-Shirt the other day on a Jets fan. It had Harris's name and number on the back. On the front it had an old school Jets logo (they actual jet) with "hitman" on the side of the jet.

Cant find it anywhere.

If you find it let me know where.

I think he's terrible against the run. Scott covers up a lot of his flaws.

Love the big plays he makes.

Harris might be the best LB in the league at shedding blocks, which is a lost art for ILB's these days. IMO, he's right there with Ray Lewis at reading blocks and stuffing the run at the point of attack. Brilliant in traffic.

Definitely looks like more of a badass with the dome. The dude is so steady and *smart*. Always in the right place at the right time, and no bonehead moves like Scott.
Well, he's smiling with the hair. N-o-o-o-o.

samwalton.jpgdavid%20harris.jpg

Edit: Haha, I finally found it. I'm a very visual person, and it was the first thing that came to mind when Harris was a rookie. Honest to God. That's too funny.

Harris might be the best LB in the league at shedding blocks, which is a lost art for ILB's these days. IMO, he's right there with Ray Lewis at reading blocks and stuffing the run at the point of attack. Brilliant in traffic.
We're talking about hair. Don't spoil it by making believe I have any or that this has anything to do with football. :P

It's been interesting watching Rex bring him along in this system. Thomas and Scott have been our two best LB's against the run, but Harris is by far our best pass rusher and also in coverage. The second we get another LB who's more than just average in coverage I think Rex might change his role a little bit; this season he's been having Scott play Lewis' role and Harris playing Scott's old role...IMO he'll switch them back and forth once he doesn't have to rely on him so heavily in coverage.

No offense, Irish, but I think you have their numbers mixed up. Harris is #52 and Scott is #57. :P

Not at all, he's right on the money. Scott's been fantastic against the run this year. Harris has most certainly struggled, the thing is he's so awesome against the pass from every angle that it doesn't even matter.

Not at all, he's right on the money. Scott's been fantastic against the run this year. Harris has most certainly struggled, the thing is he's so awesome against the pass from every angle that it doesn't even matter.

You have to be kidding. Scott is good, but he often overruns plays, guesses wrong and misses quite a few tackles. Harris tosses blockers aside like rag dolls and rarely misses a tackle. He also stops runners dead in their tracks instead of taking a ride for a few yards.

Yup, he's stepped in coverage this year too in a big way. He's almost always on top of the back or TE to lay out a big hit as he's catching the ball. I love Harris for his big plays, he's great at getting into the backfield but watch the space Scott creates for him

by taking on guys, it's unreal.

He's not great on blockers, he's actually kind of like Vilma only a lot more physical with hits. He's a good tackler, I'm not disputing that but he takes some bad angles and can often get sucked away from the run.

Anyone go to NFL.com and look at some of the big runs against the Jets, look how often Harris is in good position to make the play and doesn't.

He's good, just not against the run. With Scott though he forms a great LB core. Thomas and Pace too help out a ton, both of them are also exceptional against the run.

Yup, he's stepped in coverage this year too in a big way. He's almost always on top of the back or TE to lay out a big hit as he's catching the ball. I love Harris for his big plays, he's great at getting into the backfield but watch the space Scott creates for him

by taking on guys, it's unreal.

He's not great on blockers, he's actually kind of like Vilma only a lot more physical with hits. He's a good tackler, I'm notI disputing that but he takes some bad angles and can often get sucked away from the run.

Anyone go to NFL.com and look at some of the big runs against the Jets, look how often Harris is in good position to make the play and doesn't.

He's good, just not against the run. With Scott though he forms a great LB core. Thomas and Pace too help out a ton, both of them are also exceptional against the run.

IJ, remember when you were telling the world how Kerry was the best safety in the league? This is more absurd than that.

When Harris had that groin injury it took the rest of the league about three weeks to catch up to him in tackles. It was something insane like that. I'm sure a stat hound, which I'm not, could track it down if they had some free time on their hands. I was really concerned about that injury, because it can be a nagging career killer, even after surgery. Then I was like, "OH, N-O-O-o-o-o-o-o! Why, why whyyyyyyyyy?" with that foot injury against the Dolphins. 2008 was frustrating year for him - me, too.

Haha, he was like a rabid dog on opening day against the Texans, roaming at will. It was awesome. I got teary-eyed and almost wept. I would not want to get popped by that guy. I'd probably die.

boston_u_brady_jets_576.jpg

"So, whaddup?"

page2_g_dstewartts_600.jpg

"Don't mess."

When Harris had that groin injury it took the rest of the league about three weeks to catch up to him in tackles. It was something insane like that. I'm sure a stat hound, which I'm not, could track it down if they had some free time on their hands. I was really concerned about that injury, because it can be a nagging career killer, even after surgery. Then I was like, "OH, N-O-O-o-o-o-o-o! Why, why whyyyyyyyyy?" with that foot injury against the Dolphins. 2008 was frustrating year for him - me, too.

Haha, he was like a rabid dog on opening day against the Texans, roaming at will. It was awesome. I got teary-eyed and almost wept. I would not want to get popped by that guy. I'd probably die.

boston_u_brady_jets_576.jpg

"So, whaddup?"

page2_g_dstewartts_600.jpg

"Don't mess."

by 'popped' you mean what exactly?

not me Jet-O, I'm rooting for New Orleans-I really like Drew Brees and they are sort of like us-you know, hapless
I hear what you're saying, so I guess I should clarify. I always had a soft spot for NO (as well as Tampa Bay - Doug Williams fan) because of how the fans suffered and stuck by their team just like Jets fans, which is probably what you're also saying. I had empathy because I knew what it felt like year after year. However, the Saints are looking entirely beatable, I can't stand that punk Shockey, and the Jets loss against them bothers me far more now than it did Oct. 4th when it's obvious we could have taken them. Any given Sunday, though, any given Sunday.

Plus, they're in the NFC; although I'm a notorious Giants hater. :) Anyway, David Harris could still beat Jonathan Vilma in a duel. :comb: OK, what the f is that? A mouse with a rain hat with a piece of spaghetti? :whip:

yea you hardly ever see him miss a tackle or be out of position-next to Revis he's the 2nd best defender we got

Hes also our best pass rusher. If he played as a pure pass rusher he would have double digit sacks every year but hes too good an all around player to just rush the passer all the time.

Archived