Going mountain climbing on Thurs

TaborJet

Mt. Kilimanjaro, who is with me?

Seriously, This has been a long time in planning. Very excited about this and I'll post some photos when I get back.

woman I used to work for just got back from 2 years on assignment in Dublin. Her and hubby took many sidetrips while there..she said Kilamanjaro climb was best of all sidetrips while on assignment,,have fun...

Mt. Kilimanjaro, who is with me?

Seriously, This has been a long time in planning. Very excited about this and I'll post some photos when I get back.

Best of luck to you Tabor !! "The boy" and I are planning it within the next 3 years. Which route are you doing ? Pace yourself ( there's a LOT less oxygen at 19,000 feet than there is at sea level ) and take lots of pictures for us. Remember "Cotton Kills " . :biggrin:

Best of luck to you Tabor !! "The boy" and I are planning it within the next 3 years. Which route are you doing ? Pace yourself ( there's a LOT less oxygen at 19,000 feet than there is at sea level ) and take lots of pictures for us. Remember "Cotton Kills " . :biggrin:

I'm going up via the Rongai Route, and I booked through Peak Planet. I know to pace myself, the guides are very strict to go "pole pole!" And yes, I have a lot of Under Armor and even wools socks with liners. The fun part so far have been the 5 shots along with 4 types of meds to take.

I'm going up via the Rongai Route, and I booked through Peak Planet. I know to pace myself, the guides are very strict to go "pole pole!" And yes, I have a lot of Under Armor and even wools socks with liners. The fun part so far have been the 5 shots along with 4 types of meds to take.

sounds like an awesome trip tabor. safe travels

All settled in here. The people are very friendly, and the food and drink so far have been excellent. Is this JetNation's first post from Tanzania?! Quite possibly.

I got to see the mountain from the air last night, and again on the ride in to town here, since the moon was nearly full. Awesome is the only word that can describe it right now.

The climb starts tomorrow!

Baadaye!

• 2 weeks later...
That's terrific. Bring a copy of Hemingway's short story, 'The Snows of...', why dontcha. Well, maybe you shouldn't. :P

Haha, like this doesn't beat Max's trip to Hunter Mtn. Hunter, Kilimanjaro...I can't decide! :P Have a groove, photos, please.

:rl::rl::rl:

I think Jeto is an acquired taste. She is starting to grow on me. :-P

CMon Tabor, Details? JN board mod just climbed Kilaminjaro(sp) and all I got was this lousy pic.

He is in the mod interrogation room - Max is grilling him -should be out in a couple of weeks if he can get out of the rope.

uhurupeakwidescreen.jpg

19,340'. Lots of emotions running through me here. Mostly exhaustion. It took 10 hours to get here, and there were another 3 1/2 hours to get back down to camp. Then, pack up and hike 3 more hours. Very long day, but worth it!

uhurupeakwidescreen.jpg

19,340'. Lots of emotions running through me here. Mostly exhaustion. It took 10 hours to get here, and there were another 3 1/2 hours to get back down to camp. Then, pack up and hike 3 more hours. Very long day, but worth it!

CONGRATS AGAIN !!! I believe you easily have the JetNation record for highest summit peak elevation @ 19,300. Hiking thru all those different climate zones ! Great job TJ !

Archived