Undeserved

Maxman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job Spermy, especially about the Colts luck over the season.

Spermy has definitely passed the threshold Al, when you reach a certain amount of years of being a Jets fan, you need to take every advantage and every break you can get. There comes a point where you just realize that you're running out of seasons...

Spermy has definitely passed the threshold Al, when you reach a certain amount of years of being a Jets fan, you need to take every advantage and every break you can get. There comes a point where you just realize that you're running out of seasons...

They grow up so quickly don't they Jimmy?

How bout the love to the fans that supported Rex and Sanchez from the beginning.

Many of the fans here do not deserve to see this team dance in playoffs. The constant

whining and complaining about a rookie QB this year has been quite honestly

very disturbing. To those who supported Mark all year,I commend you and enjoy the

playoffs, to those that did not a big thumbs down.

Jeremy (Orlando,FL)

Do you see Mark Sanchez will be a big time QB in the NFL in the later years?

Chris Mortensen (11:52 AM)

I think he will be a playoff-caliber QB. Great feet, very good arm. He's a gym rat. Loves the game. Works his butt off. I just get amazed how people don't understand that he's a ROOKIE. And, trust me, right now, his rear end his worn out. You're playing catch-up as soon as you're drafted. You bust your butt through off-season, pre-season, you get hit with reality of a long regular season, you're playing with two knee braces. I really think he's going to be outstanding.

If Sanchez is past the pick issue and we can pass again, I agree..we're great and this is the start of several huge years.

If not, and our opponents:

-sell out their d to our 85% run

-throw all day opposite revis

...I'm not feeling good.

Bottom line, we need Mark to stay solid and for the OC to call some pass plays.

;)

How bout the love to the fans that supported Rex and Sanchez from the beginning.

Many of the fans here do not deserve to see this team dance in playoffs. The constant

whining and complaining about a rookie QB this year has been quite honestly

very disturbing. To those who supported Mark all year,I commend you and enjoy the

playoffs, to those that did not a big thumbs down.

Jeremy (Orlando,FL)

Do you see Mark Sanchez will be a big time QB in the NFL in the later years?

Chris Mortensen (11:52 AM)

I think he will be a playoff-caliber QB. Great feet, very good arm. He's a gym rat. Loves the game. Works his butt off. I just get amazed how people don't understand that he's a ROOKIE. And, trust me, right now, his rear end his worn out. You're playing catch-up as soon as you're drafted. You bust your butt through off-season, pre-season, you get hit with reality of a long regular season, you're playing with two knee braces. I really think he's going to be outstanding.

Where did the notion arise that supporting a player means saying he doesn't suck even when he does? This is an invention by some fans who think they are holier than others.

Excuse me for not including the mandatory PC "but he's still learning and will get much better" every time his shortcomings are noted.

Being a rookie doesn't mean that he's played well or that we wouldn't be in better shape this year, right now, with another. It doesn't mean that I don't like Sanchez long-term for this team.

Criticizing a player's poor performance does not equate hating him or not supporting him or the team. If that's what anyone clings to, they've got other unresolved issues.

I've rooted for this team for decades and will, stupidly, continue to do so. Long enough to not have people who have followed them for less time take me to task for not being as righteous or pure of heart as they. To say that anyone who has been a fan of this team since the Carter administration is undeserving of watching this team make the playoffs, because I thought a QB with so little experience should hold a clipboard for a while so he sucks less (read: so the team loses less) when he's finally trotted out there, is pretty friggin' asinine.

Regardless, that was hardly the focus of what I wrote. The idea was that anyone complaining that we backed in for one reason or another can lick my sack. Every team hovering around the playoff bubble has had huge letdowns, losing games they should have won. Some because of injuries, some because of coaching blunders, and some because their QBs are inexperienced and really just learning the game.

To still be here despite the lowly passing game (stemming from both the QB's and the OC's shortcomings) is a testament to the rest of the team. Teams with seasoned veteran QB's that still screwed up just barely enough to miss the playoffs get no sympathy from me, and shouldn't from any fan of this team. When we get spotted 7 points each game for MS and BS, then they can complain. Until then, I will show them an appendage of mine they can suck throughout the playoffs.

And all of this is academic anyway if the Jets don't win Sunday night.

Do Jets fans really need to apologize for anything with the rotten luck we've gotten since January 1969?

A blind monkey on heroin would have drafted Marino over O'brien

Peyton Manning from all indications was going to come out after his junior year the eyar we had the #1 pick. He stays in school for whatever reason

Vinny tears his leg with nobody 5 feet around him runing our super bowl run

belichick was supposed to be our coach then we all know what happened

Ill stop there...So we catch one measley break and now we are supposed to fail bad about it?

Eff that, win sunday and lets go dancing.

good post..we are all jets fans 1st..

Where did the notion arise that supporting a player means saying he doesn't suck even when he does? This is an invention by some fans who think they are holier than others.

Excuse me for not including the mandatory PC "but he's still learning and will get much better" every time his shortcomings are noted.

Being a rookie doesn't mean that he's played well or that we wouldn't be in better shape this year, right now, with another. It doesn't mean that I don't like Sanchez long-term for this team.

Criticizing a player's poor performance does not equate hating him or not supporting him or the team. If that's what anyone clings to, they've got other unresolved issues.

I've rooted for this team for decades and will, stupidly, continue to do so. Long enough to not have people who have followed them for less time take me to task for not being as righteous or pure of heart as they. To say that anyone who has been a fan of this team since the Carter administration is undeserving of watching this team make the playoffs, because I thought a QB with so little experience should hold a clipboard for a while so he sucks less (read: so the team loses less) when he's finally trotted out there, is pretty friggin' asinine.

Regardless, that was hardly the focus of what I wrote. The idea was that anyone complaining that we backed in for one reason or another can lick my sack. Every team hovering around the playoff bubble has had huge letdowns, losing games they should have won. Some because of injuries, some because of coaching blunders, and some because their QBs are inexperienced and really just learning the game.

To still be here despite the lowly passing game (stemming from both the QB's and the OC's shortcomings) is a testament to the rest of the team. Teams with seasoned veteran QB's that still screwed up just barely enough to miss the playoffs get no sympathy from me, and shouldn't from any fan of this team. When we get spotted 7 points each game for MS and BS, then they can complain. Until then, I will show them an appendage of mine they can suck throughout the playoffs.

There's no shame in beating a team that lays down, it's when the other team pulls it's starters and you still lose that is pathetic.

Remember the Bills losing to the Steelers a few years ago even though the Steelers had the second and third string playing? If I'm not mistaken, it put the Jets in the playoffs that year.

There's no shame in beating a team that lays down, it's when the other team pulls it's starters and you still lose that is pathetic.

Remember the Bills losing to the Steelers a few years ago even though the Steelers had the second and third string playing? If I'm not mistaken, it put the Jets in the playoffs that year.

I almost brought that up in the article. It was 2004. We were in control of our destiny if we could muster up beating the 7-8 Rams. Buffalo lost to Pittsburgh's third stringers so we walked in.

It may not have been the most desired way to enter the playoffs, but Jets fans take what we can get. We had a shoulder-less QB in year 1 of a cap-busting contract, Paul Hackett, and Herm Edwards. The only reason to piss on that playoff appearance is that it assured Herm's return in 2005. And even then, you still rooted for them. Because you knew that even a slim chance was still a chance. The Jets missing the playoffs is the only way there is no chance.

Enjoy it while you can.

Sperm is exactly right, and I will go further and say that afterwards nobody cares how you got in or how you even won a championship, they just know that you won it. Occasionally people mention the tuck rule for the Pats but in reality it's only done to mess with annoying Pats fans, everyone knows the wins are what matter.

So why not the Jets get the breaks for once? Every one else gets them whether through lucky plays, injuries or calls. This also would not be the first year that a team won a game because some starters weren't in, the Jets have given many teams wins through injuries knocking starters out, or an ineffective Brett Favre handing games to the opponent so he can get to another team.

Texan fans have been giving me grief over our not desering BS. All I say to them is "Well if you would have beaten us in the 1st game of the season we would not be having this conversation now."

Back in -- walk in - Carry us in on a stretcher I don't care how we do it as long as we go to the playoffs. Bottom line.

Texan fans have been giving me grief over our not desering BS. All I say to them is "Well if you would have beaten us in the 1st game of the season we would not be having this conversation now."

Back in -- walk in - Carry us in on a stretcher I don't care how we do it as long as we go to the playoffs. Bottom line.

Texans...haha

just tell them this joke:

There would be no Texas today if The Alamo had a back door.

The Jets are exactly where they deserve to be.

A must win game.

People act as if something has been handed to them but reality is they could have been resting their starters today like Colts did and Bengals may, had they not bumbled and stumbled in 3 or 4 games this year that they should have won.

So where is the gift?

They got exactly what they deserve.

Also........ didnt Pats* get exactly what they deserved when they won 11 games and didnt make it in? :0)

Awfully sensitive here, who said it was directed at you? If it struck a nerve then good.

Off to Barbados for two weeks, Go Jets!!!!

Awfully sensitive here, who said it was directed at you? If it struck a nerve then good.

Off to Barbados for two weeks, Go Jets!!!!

Stick around here. There is no end to what I (and others) complain about. So you're in good company.

Have a great time in Barbados. You going to be able to get the game where you're staying?

Archived