Undeserved

Maxman

Stick around here. There is no end to what I (and others) complain about. So you're in good company.

Have a great time in Barbados. You going to be able to get the game where you're staying?

No football at Barbados, just blackberry updates on the beach for next week. Not worried about Sunday night.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And then the week after that in the playoffs?

What kind of fan are you? You don't deserve for the Jets to make the playoffs.

;)

he probably figured with a rookie qb there was NO WAY we make playoffs and made vacation plans for end of season..

ya gotta have heart................

VPj0hoVpYSg

he probably figured with a rookie qb there was NO WAY we make playoffs and made vacation plans for end of season..

ya gotta have heart................

VPj0hoVpYSg

No it is called a Xmas gift from GF's parents, two week paid vacation at their villa.;)

Where did the notion arise that supporting a player means saying he doesn't suck even when he does? This is an invention by some fans who think they are holier than others.

Excuse me for not including the mandatory PC "but he's still learning and will get much better" every time his shortcomings are noted.

Being a rookie doesn't mean that he's played well or that we wouldn't be in better shape this year, right now, with another. It doesn't mean that I don't like Sanchez long-term for this team.

Criticizing a player's poor performance does not equate hating him or not supporting him or the team. If that's what anyone clings to, they've got other unresolved issues.

I've rooted for this team for decades and will, stupidly, continue to do so. Long enough to not have people who have followed them for less time take me to task for not being as righteous or pure of heart as they. To say that anyone who has been a fan of this team since the Carter administration is undeserving of watching this team make the playoffs, because I thought a QB with so little experience should hold a clipboard for a while so he sucks less (read: so the team loses less) when he's finally trotted out there, is pretty friggin' asinine.

Regardless, that was hardly the focus of what I wrote. The idea was that anyone complaining that we backed in for one reason or another can lick my sack. Every team hovering around the playoff bubble has had huge letdowns, losing games they should have won. Some because of injuries, some because of coaching blunders, and some because their QBs are inexperienced and really just learning the game.

To still be here despite the lowly passing game (stemming from both the QB's and the OC's shortcomings) is a testament to the rest of the team. Teams with seasoned veteran QB's that still screwed up just barely enough to miss the playoffs get no sympathy from me, and shouldn't from any fan of this team. When we get spotted 7 points each game for MS and BS, then they can complain. Until then, I will show them an appendage of mine they can suck throughout the playoffs.

And all of this is academic anyway if the Jets don't win Sunday night.

first off--excellent article. second, excellent post concerning the criticisms of Sanchez. Blindly bowing down to a new "savior" is easy and requires no thought or discriminating analysis. If you love this team, you have opinions and some of those opinions will be critical. With even a mediocre QB, this team is battling for the division instead of lucking into a wildcard. Sanchez may be the future, but this season he's been a mighty liability.

first off--excellent article. second, excellent post concerning the criticisms of Sanchez. Blindly bowing down to a new "savior" is easy and requires no thought or discriminating analysis. If you love this team, you have opinions and some of those opinions will be critical. With even a mediocre QB, this team is battling for the division instead of lucking into a wildcard. Sanchez may be the future, but this season he's been a mighty liability.

could be..but if he didnt play at all this year he might have been a liability next year,,no one knows...in the end we all want jets to win..

F A I L

Our ST's gave away two games, that is your division title right there

If anyone here can turn down a 2 week all expense paid vacation, including booze then stand up. GF is loaded and awesome in sack as well.

F A I L

If anyone here can turn down a 2 week all expense paid vacation, including booze then stand up. GF is loaded and awesome in sack as well.

I'll stand up. I'm simply not going on a vacation for this particular two week period. Mid February, March, April, May, June, July, or August- different story.

F A I L

lets hope she or her parents dont read message boards or google jakeg and jets

F A I L

With my in-laws? Yeah, I can stand up and say I would turn that down even if I was getting paid to go.

Just messing with you. Pretty cool of them, even though they are obviously communists to have planned a trip during the playoffs in the first place.

With my in-laws? Yeah, I can stand up and say I would turn that down even if I was getting paid to go.

Just messing with you. Pretty cool of them, even though they are obviously communists to have planned a trip during the playoffs in the first place.

funny thing..when i was younger i was all gung ho and wouldnt miss shiit for a jets game. even times i should have passed i would say 'nooo, we cant go there, i want to watch jets',,

and DAMN, if it didnt always work out, that in teh cases where i should have passed on game, it always turned out jets would screw pooch EARLY in game. Loke 20-0 1st qtr or something. i would then sit there thinkin ' ihave all this bad vibes from gf/wife over this shiitstorm of a team?'

If a country drive i could always say 'honey u were right, lets go for that drive,,but for a event, i was hosed over NUTHIN'

funny thing..when i was younger i was all gung ho and wouldnt miss shiit for a jets game. even times i should have passed i would say 'nooo, we cant go there, i want to watch jets',,

and DAMN, if it didnt always work out, that in teh cases where i should have passed on game, it always turned out jets would screw pooch EARLY in game. Loke 20-0 1st qtr or something. i would then sit there thinkin ' ihave all this bad vibes from gf/wife over this shiitstorm of a team?'

If a country drive i could always say 'honey u were right, lets go for that drive,,but for a event, i was hosed over NUTHIN'

I wouldn't go away for 2 weeks with my in-laws no matter what time of year it is. Let alone if it was on their dime and now I "owe" them. They're not bad people. Just couldn't hang out with them all day every day for 2 weeks straight.

I wouldn't go away for 2 weeks with my in-laws no matter what time of year it is. Let alone if it was on their dime and now I "owe" them. They're not bad people. Just couldn't hang out with them all day every day for 2 weeks straight.

thats fair as long as u dont expect your wife to hang with your family ;)

Oh. You're right in that case. sanchez has been really good then. my mistake. twenty interceptions is acceptable play and had nothing to do with any of our losses.

true, but you have to weigh whether it will pay dividends immediately next year as opposed to his getting his feet wet next year..

With Jenks and Leon out this year, it seems to me that playin Sanchez this year ended up being right call. get it out of the way.

there is NO RIGHT ANSWER. No one has a crystal ball. Bottom line, Lets go jets

true, but you have to weigh whether it will pay dividends immediately next year as opposed to his getting his feet wet next year..

With Jenks and Leon out this year, it seems to me that playin Sanchez this year ended up being right call. get it out of the way.

there is NO RIGHT ANSWER. No one has a crystal ball. Bottom line, Lets go jets

agreed--just glad to be relevent at this point. the jets that is, not me personally. i haven't been relevent in years.

all i was saying is that SE had every right to share a critical opinion without being told he doesn't deserve to enjoy a playoff game. not that he needed anyone to defend his position. Also--"FAIL" kinda pissed me off. :baby:

agreed--just glad to be relevent at this point. the jets that is, not me personally. i haven't been relevent in years.

all i was saying is that SE had every right to share a critical opinion without being told he doesn't deserve to enjoy a playoff game. not that he needed anyone to defend his position. Also--"FAIL" kinda pissed me off. :baby:

F A I L

I wont even mention the two games the defense blew 2 late leads;)

To me, its sad to think that we are undeserving of anything. Sir-Mel , I totally agree w/ your post, welcome to my("strange person") world. I make no bones about it, every team is flawed. I dont put a lot of stock into "labeling" every new guy that comes to our team, as the final piece to the puzzle. This, to me , is insanity.

IE. Mangenius , Mirer ( Joe Montana?) , ( The Sanchize) ( The Mad Backer) etc.. To Me, Its like a poker hand. Build the best u got, bluff a lot, hope for a little luck, go all in!!! But the oldest gambling adage is that a "Scared Man Cant Win"!!! So for me " I AIN'T NEVER SKERRRD!!! Go Jets!!! Kick A$$!! Take Names !!! :box:

The luckiest teams on on the face of the earth are:

...and the luckiest team on the face of the earth on Sunday night will be the one that makes it in after the Jets blow it vs Cincinnati's backups in classic SOJ fashion.

Damn...we are in..

Great game by D and Sanchez. Kid played a great game, was poised, threw sharp routes.

Couldnt ask for any more wit ha rook qb, a rook hc, no leon, no jenkins..

great season. Got the learning year over with for Sanchez and we made playoffs to boot with leon or jenks.

Lets hope for a miracle run, but next season ..watch out!!!!

Welker and Brady getting hurt today ought to give pause to Colts fans who ripped Caldwell so much. THIS IS A BUSINESS, and you have to protect your investments. The Pats didn't do this and got burned.

yup. IMHO Ravens over Pats is a VERY safe bet next week.

Archived