Religious Folk Query

Vudu

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's actually a very interesting conversation, the adaptation of religion to the modern era, one that would get this thread locked in a heartbeat.

I would be very interested in that subject actually. I did some research on potluck dinners at baptist churches in the South and I was very impressed with my findings. Very impressed.

I would be very interested in that subject actually. I did some research on potluck dinners at baptist churches in the South and I was very impressed with my findings. Very impressed.

actually the Baptist Sunday afternoon summer Church picnics are WAYYYYYYYYYYY better.

there is a rotating circuit of warm weather Baptist Church Picnics. They are in Arizona now.

Follow the warm weather.

Maybe a plan for retirement. Maybe I could buy one of Maddens's rolling buffet buses now that he's no longer doing MNF. Ive always wanted a vehicle with its own kitchen. No way this surprises anyone.

Excuse the smiley... :cheers:

But good luck!

Thanks. I can't explain it, but for all it's faults, just going to a meeting does keep me away from my desire to drink. I have some good friends in AA, and although I'm not into cliques, unfortanetly it is a survival mechanism I employ in such a diverse and eclectic group of people.

I think what I will do is only attend open meetings so I don't have to say I'm an alcoholic (because in my heart I do not believe I am one and I resent being peer pressured into making such an affirmation) where they're are guest speakers and I don't have to listen to jibberish from neurotics.

This is what it comes down to---

There are 24 hours in a day; ten hours are spent at work or commuting to and from; another 8 hours are spent sleeping---

It's what we do with the remaining 6 hrs that defines who we are, and who we will become. What I have done during my domestic bliss is rationalize that those 6 hrs aren't mine anyway, because I still have to do mundane tasks like laundry, food shopping, car maintainance family obligations etc and I figure well, if I have to do that stuff, then I may as well get drunk doing it.

Then years go by, and I'm just in a rut. About 8 months ago I cracked my rib and I stopped exercising and the drinking just got worse and worse. Again, I rationalized it because I haven't missed a single day of work in two years---

How can I have a drinking problem if I am able to wake up and go to work every day?

I dunno, I just know I'll feel alot better if I detoxify my body and start exercisng again. Honestly, I am just going back to AA to dry out, but I have no intention of never drinking again. :lol:

We'll see what happens. Peace.

Not going to Mass on Sunday is a mortal sin, yes.

I enjoy going to confession and receiving the Sacrament of Absolution for missing Mass.

:lol:

so theres a 'out' if you miss? ;)

sort of like the mob guys who whack someone saturday night and then go to mass/confession and get absolved :(

Archived