Can the Jets players please stop with.........

This game is our super bowl this is atleast the 3rd game I've heard a player say this about 3 different games the only time this should be said is if it is the super bowl cause I take it as if the players believe that they have no shot at playing in the super bowl so this game will have to do. Just say this is our most important game to date or something a long those lines. I am getting sick of hearing this is our Super Bowl.

Edited by Lupz27
Actually in this case I'm okay with it. This is a playoff situation, lose and the season is dead.

I am ok with them saying this is a playoff game cause lets face it they started last week for the Jets. Or saying most important game of the year, but don't use the words Super Bowl there is only one Super Bowl. Third time it has been said about three seperate games week 2 Shaun Ellis said it about the Pats, last week Calvin Pace said it, now this week Bart Scott referred to this weeks game being "our Super Bowl". I really hope the players don't think that it is fine for fans to think that way but not the players they should always think they can make a run at a super bowl until they are officially eliminated which the Jets are not. Most important game to date yes, Super Bowl no.

This game is our super bowl this is atleast the 3rd game I've heard a player say this about 3 different games the only time this should be said is if it is the super bowl cause I take it as if the players believe that they have no shot at playing in the super bowl so this game will have to do. Just say this is our most important game to date or something a long those lines. I am getting sick of hearing this is our Super Bowl.

Why does it matter what they say? It matters how they PLAY.

I am ok with them saying this is a playoff game cause lets face it they started last week for the Jets. Or saying most important game of the year, but don't use the words Super Bowl there is only one Super Bowl. Third time it has been said about three seperate games week 2 Shaun Ellis said it about the Pats, last week Calvin Pace said it, now this week Bart Scott referred to this weeks game being "our Super Bowl". I really hope the players don't think that it is fine for fans to think that way but not the players they should always think they can make a run at a super bowl until they are officially eliminated which the Jets are not. Most important game to date yes, Super Bowl no.

Yeah and we won both of those games... So what's the big deal?