Global Warming My Ass

New York Mick

No, they really are not. You are assigning intent that wasn't there and never existed.

LOL! Everything you write at JN has "intent" Kleck. But thanks for the chuckle.

I also love how you twist things saying that I am the one getting worked up. You are the one that initiated the exchange by saying I was wrong "as usual." I am just voicing my opinions on boring Monday afternoon.

BTW - Wes Welker has a more significant role in the Pats offense than Randy Moss ;)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL! Everything you write at JN has "intent" Kleck. But thanks for the chuckle.

I also love how you twist things saying that I am the one getting worked up. You are the one that initiated the exchange by saying I was wrong "as usual." I am just voicing my opinions on boring Monday afternoon.

BTW - Wes Welker has a more significant role in the Pats offense than Randy Moss ;)

I was clearly making a joke at your expense Garb. Duh. :rolleyes:

I love how you still won't even attempt to answer how the the Richard Seymour trade immediately benefitted the 2009 Patriots.

Julian Edelman = Wes Welker. The truth shall set you free Garby.

I was clearly making a joke at your expense Garb. Duh. :rolleyes:

I love how you still won't even attempt to answer how the the Richard Seymour trade immediately benefitted the 2009 Patriots.

Again, you twist. I have no recollection, but if I know me, I answered the question. There was no immediate benefit. However, the damage was not as bad as you would have people believe. The Pass rush sucked BAD. The Pass rush sucked BAD the year before too - slightly less BAD though.

Are you a very short man?

Again, you twist. I have no recollection, but if I know me, I answered the question. There was no immediate benefit. However, the damage was not as bad as you would have people believe. The Pass rush sucked BAD. The Pass rush sucked BAD the year before too - slightly less BAD though.

Are you a very short man?

What is the benefit for 2010?

I think you enjoy arguing for arguments sake.

Of course I like those things - but the questions are designed to work under the premise that there is a huge problem and I am not convinced there is.

But why is that political?

Why is it that the right feels the need to debunk global warming? Even if the science were 50-50 on the subject (which doesn't seem to be the case), why does the right feel the need to completely shoot it down? I don't get it. Is it just an anti-Al Gore thing?

They bring the country into a war in the Middle East, you'd think that they'd see it as beneficial to promote the idea of global warming to stop Americans from financing their enemies - no?

They had no problem invading Iraq on the highly unlikely -and proven wrong- concept of WMD's. Why not promote global warming the same way to help defeat an enemy?

Couldn't be because of the amount of money the former administration personally had in oil, could it? Or their backers money?

Why is it that the right feels the need to debunk global warming? Even if the science were 50-50 on the subject (which doesn't seem to be the case), why does the right feel the need to completely shoot it down? I don't get it. Is it just an anti-Al Gore thing?

it's because 50/50 isn't good enough to fundamentally alter our quality of life over.

They bring the country into a war in the Middle East, you'd think that they'd see it as beneficial to promote the idea of global warming to stop Americans from financing their enemies - no?

They had no problem invading Iraq on the highly unlikely -and proven wrong- concept of WMD's. Why not promote global warming the same way to help defeat an enemy?

Couldn't be because of the amount of money the former administration personally had in oil, could it? Or their backers money?

My stance on the issue has nothing to do with politics really....I just notice that liberals tend to buy into it more than others. I know many conservatives that do too. I just don't. That may change, but common sense dictates otherwise. Maybe I just need someone to hit me over the head with a sledgehammer. :)

Exactly. This need for everything to be black or white is bizarre to me. Almost no issue is all one way or the other.

cause a lot of taxes will be funneled into this. so people want to make sure closer than 50/50 before spending alot on what 'might' turn out to be junk science.

pats got more than seymour was worth. sure he could've contributed this year but to get what they got for him in the twighlight of his career was very shrewd.

Nah. Not when you take into consideration that picks in the current draft are worth more than picks in future drafts.

By not getting anything of any real value for him until 2011 they made a terrible move. If they use the pick to move up in this year's draft they better hit on the pick or they will look doubly foolish for trading a player who could have significantly helped them stop the run against the Ravens in the playoffs.

Nah. Not when you take into consideration that picks in the current draft are worth more than picks in future drafts.

By not getting anything of any real value for him until 2011 they made a terrible move. If they use the pick to move up in this year's draft they better hit on the pick or they will look doubly foolish for trading a player who could have significantly helped them stop the run against the Ravens in the playoffs.

they could have had Reggie White vs Ravens and still lost that game.

it's because 50/50 isn't good enough to fundamentally alter our quality of life over.

In what way? You won't be able to drive as fast in the short term?

Oil's running out, either way, right? Or do conservatives not believe that either?

Best thing for America would be to put it's resources into renewable energy, and be the global leader in that field when the oil drills run dry. Rather than subsidizing oil, we should be subsidizing solar, wind, thermal, tidal, etc., power. Creating the technology that we can eventually sell to the rest of the world and get/stay on top again.

Digging in our heels with this "drill, baby, drill!" BS hurts the country - long term and short term.

It's not 50-50 that the ice caps have rapidly increased their melting rates since the beginning of the industrial revolution. The country should be using this as an opportunity to get away from foreign oil, and put our intelligent, educated workforce to work creating clever alternatives.

Unfortunately, the 1% at the top are still making way too much money, and don't want that too stop on their watch. It's the conservatives who earn the kind of money I do (or less), working for somebody else that I'll never understand. Status quo for the big boys is an awesome thing. For the rest of us, a little progressiveness could go a long ways towards improving the quality of our lives.

not many teams that i know of have said 'lets not trade for picks cause we havent hit on many lately'

I think they think they will do fine. Human Nature.

Lucky for us, the Pats can't turn down draft picks that they can blow.

38 picks in the last four drafts - 4 starters. There is no reason to believe they will suddenly start drafting well now.

Oil's running out, either way, right? Or do conservatives not believe that either?

Best thing for America would be to put it's resources into renewable energy, and be the global leader in that field when the oil drills run dry. Rather than subsidizing oil, we should be subsidizing solar, wind, thermal, tidal, etc., power. Creating the technology that we can eventually sell to the rest of the world and get/stay on top again.

Digging in our heels with this "drill, baby, drill!" BS hurts the country - long term and short term.

It's not 50-50 that the ice caps have rapidly increased their melting rates since the beginning of the industrial revolution. The country should be using this as an opportunity to get away from foreign oil, and put our intelligent, educated workforce to work creating clever alternatives.

Unfortunately, the 1% at the top are still making way too much money, and don't want that too stop on their watch. It's the conservatives who earn the kind of money I do (or less), working for somebody else that I'll never understand. Status quo for the big boys is an awesome thing. For the rest of us, a little progressiveness could go a long ways towards improving the quality of our lives.

I dont think oil is running out to be honest. I think places where liberals allow us to drill is running out though ;)

Lucky for us, the Pats can't turn down draft picks that they can blow.

38 picks in the last four drafts - 4 starters. There is no reason to believe they will suddenly start drafting well now.

maybe it was pioli..he is gone..it was either pioli or belly..

I dont think oil is running out to be honest. I think places where liberals allow us to drill is running out though ;)

Wow. You gotta change the channel once in a while. Oil has peaked.

Do you really think it's smart to drill in our nation's last reserves before we develop some legitimate energy alternatives? Not me, man. The focus should be on new energy sources, with Alaska and the like in our back pockets should it turn out that we need it. That's not liberalism, that's pragmatism.

Change is weird and scary to most people slats.

Wow. You gotta change the channel once in a while. Oil has peaked.

Do you really think it's smart to drill in our nation's last reserves before we develop some legitimate energy alternatives? Not me, man. The focus should be on new energy sources, with Alaska and the like in our back pockets should it turn out that we need it. That's not liberalism, that's pragmatism.

nah, thats being a pusssy

The same Majority who got duped by Bush -- gotcha

LOL. Yeah, because the Democrats really put out a winner there in 2004. :rolleyes:

There wasn't anyone to contend with Bush in 04, and the nation ONLY went with him because A. Time of War and B. Because Kerry was actually a bigger dope than Bush was, at least on the outside. Maybe not on the inside, and a lot of those people wish they went with Kerry after Bush started his second term.

Maybe if you're moronic Republican candidate didn't pick some bimbo bitch to run alongside him I'M A HAWCKEY MOM! LOL ADHAHPAGOAGAG .. you wouldn't have to complain about Obama.

LOL. Yeah, because the Democrats really put out a winner there in 2004. :rolleyes:

yup.

also reason why obama got in to.

mccain and palin was NOT attractive to the swing vote which is Independents.

If Romney had been candidate, who knows.

2012 will be very interesting. especially if economy still bad. will hillary try and steal nomination away from Obama?

yup.

also reason why obama got in to.

mccain and palin was NOT attractive to the swing vote which is Independents.

If Romney had been candidate, who knows.

2012 will be very interesting. especially if economy still bad. will hillary try and steal nomination away from Obama?

McCain attractive, Palin, not so much. Palin ruined his chances. Made Biden look like a genius.

There wasn't anyone to contend with Bush in 04, and the nation ONLY went with him because A. Time of War and B. Because Kerry was actually a bigger dope than Bush was, at least on the outside. Maybe not on the inside, and a lot of those people wish they went with Kerry after Bush started his second term.

Maybe if you're moronic Republican candidate didn't pick some bimbo bitch to run alongside him I'M A HAWCKEY MOM! LOL ADHAHPAGOAGAG .. you wouldn't have to complain about Obama.

Thanks for not getting too political. :sign0098:

Archived