4:30 Start Time

IveGotWoody

Because it just was the primetime game and it completely sucked.

This was obviously going to happen. Stop complaining.

What bearing does the quality of this game have to do with what time the game is next week? The Packers-Cards game was awful, but that game is on Sunday. The point is - there's no reason why they pushed this game back 7+ hours only to have them come back and play on less than six days rest. It's unfair to both teams.

What bearing does the quality of this game have to do with what time the game is next week? The Packers-Cards game was awful, but that game is on Sunday. The point is - there's no reason why they pushed this game back 7+ hours only to have them come back and play on less than six days rest. It's unfair to both teams.

Dude, the teams get EQUAL days rest and whatever disadvantage you think that gives them it's wiped out by the fact that it gives the winner and extra day the following week.

This is a non-issue.

Who ****ing cares what time the game is on??? We are in the playoffs...

Glad you said it because I was right there...

This is the biggest gift we've received in decades...

How the ****?

Who cares... I feel so good about next week it's absurd...

Go Jets! :D

He's been doing that his whole career. We're not likely going to change him now.

He is kinda like Gholston. BE is a bit better than Gholston but I mean the same physical talents but no results type of play. If the Bengals were competitive those terrible Braylon plays would have killed the Jets. But fortunately the Bengals suck, and have no business being in the playoffs.

The Chargers and Colts however, that'll be the difference. BE has a pretty good chance of screwing up the few opportunities you get at big plays against good teams.

He is kinda like Gholston. BE is a bit better than Gholston but I mean the same physical talents but no results type of play. If the Bengals were competitive those terrible Braylon plays would have killed the Jets. But fortunately the Bengals suck, and have no business being in the playoffs.

The Chargers and Colts however, that'll be the difference. BE has a pretty good chance of screwing up the few opportunities you get at big plays against good teams.

Edwards didn't screw up often... He actually had an above average game if you take into account his blocking and saving Sanchez from an INT...

He's been outstanding in his tenure here this season... Regardless of drops...

Sure, I'll buy Braylon being just like Vernon Gholston. That is, if Braylon finished the season with 5 catches and ended up being benched in favor of Clowney.

You kidding man? Braylon is the big target we've been looking for, drops or not. I'll take some of the "huh?" drops in exchange for the benefits he brings to this team. Our receiving corps was a joke before he came here, and without him, RIGHT NOW we'd be talking about how we need to draft a WR round 1 rather than talking about our playoff game next week.

Sure, I'll buy Braylon being just like Vernon Gholston. That is, if Braylon finished the season with 5 catches and ended up being benched in favor of Clowney.

You kidding man? Braylon is the big target we've been looking for, drops or not. I'll take some of the "huh?" drops in exchange for the benefits he brings to this team. Our receiving corps was a joke before he came here.

Well said...

Cotch doesn't do half of what he did tonight without Braylon...

Edwards didn't screw up often... He actually had an above average game if you take into account his blocking and saving Sanchez from an INT...

He's been outstanding in his tenure here this season... Regardless of drops...

Outstanding? No, that's too high a platitude for a guy that drops so many passes and runs so many bad routes, and leads the league in INTs thrown his direction (that's even before Sanchez got to him, and that's in a league with a guy like Jay Cutler).

He does block though. And he does make that big play sometimes. He's just way too unreliable and misses so many easy plays. He did negate an INT which is nice, but he also completely messed up one play where he didn't bother looking, screwed up on the deep pass that woulda been a TD on another. The Jets don't even pass that often, usually when the Jets pass it's a big critical 3rd down to extend a drive or for a score, and it's never good to miss opportunities to put points on the board.

Where do you rank Edwards? I'd say that anybody that considers him a top 10 WR in this league is a total homer. Honestly even for top 20 that's probably being a homer. The guy is probably somewhere in the top 30, and that's not exactly that great considering some teams have 2 guys ahead of him (Fitz and Boldin for instance, or Moss and Welker) and there are so many other guys that are on the same level as him on bad teams.

Run game before Edwards...

Run game after Edwards...

Rank him after throwing that into your equation...

Sanchez and him aren't on the same page half the time...

How do I know it's not his fault?

Because the same thing happens with J-Co and Keller...

Must be them :cheers:

Outstanding? No, that's too high a platitude for a guy that drops so many passes and runs so many bad routes, and leads the league in INTs thrown his direction (that's even before Sanchez got to him, and that's in a league with a guy like Jay Cutler).

He does block though. And he does make that big play sometimes. He's just way too unreliable and misses so many easy plays. He did negate an INT which is nice, but he also completely messed up one play where he didn't bother looking, screwed up on the deep pass that woulda been a TD on another. The Jets don't even pass that often, usually when the Jets pass it's a big critical 3rd down to extend a drive or for a score, and it's never good to miss opportunities to put points on the board.

Where do you rank Edwards? I'd say that anybody that considers him a top 10 WR in this league is a total homer. Honestly even for top 20 that's probably being a homer. The guy is probably somewhere in the top 30, and that's not exactly that great considering some teams have 2 guys ahead of him (Fitz and Boldin for instance, or Moss and Welker) and there are so many other guys that are on the same level as him on bad teams.

I shudder to think where we'd be with Cotch and Stuckey as our top 2 WR's. Like I said before, we wouldn't be in the playoffs, and would be discussing what WR we should draft in the 1st round (in a weak WR class, no less).

Braylon is the only big deep threat we've had since Keyshawn. I don't care if he's top 20 or barely top 100 in your rankings. He does for our offense what just about every other big-time offense has going for them; a deep threat to spread the field and open the running game and short passing routes.

Think about this. In 12 games in a Jets uniform, Braylon has caught 4 TD's. That's a third of Sanchez's TD's (12), in a partial season. Not to mention, Mark's best game this season came in the 1st Miami game, when Braylon made his Jet debut.

Imagine what we can do with Braylon getting a full offseason with the team.

Archived