Texas-Alabama, predictions and comments.

What do you guys think of the big game today. I think it will be a defensive game but i think special teams is gonna be the key. I like Colt McCoy and Jordan Shipley, but i think Mark Ingram and Bama pulls it off, and i have a feeling Javier Arenas is gonna have a big game.

ALABAMA-27

TEXAS-24

thoughts?

Alabama's been the best team in the country all year. Was really disappointed by Texas' performance against Nebraska. If the ref's didn't give them a gift by putting a second back on the clock they aren't even in this game.

I see Bama pulling away late 27-17.

The small 4-point spread is fishy to me. I say Bama wins but doesn't cover. Something like a 17-14 or 14-13 type of game, similar to the kind of game the Texas-Nebraska Big 12 Championship was. I'd also take the under (44.5) on points.

I'm glad I'm not a betting man, however.

Well, this game sucks, and not JUST because of the score. The national media is going to talk about the McCoy injury all week and use it to discredit Alabama.

Sadly I think you're right. Mushmouthberger is starting already by constantly mentioning the injury.

Well, this game sucks, and not JUST because of the score. The national media is going to talk about the McCoy injury all week and use it to discredit Alabama.

Yes they will. And to a degree they're correct. Watching the first few series you saw it was going to be a closer game and McCoy would have made that much of a difference to the point where I think Texas would have won.

Yes they will. And to a degree they're correct. Watching the first few series you saw it was going to be a closer game and McCoy would have made that much of a difference to the point where I think Texas would have won.

We agree on so many things Carl but I've got to visiously disagree here. McCoy was not injured in a car accident, a fall on campus or suspended before the game. He was knocked out DURING the game. That's what the SEC is all about, knocking people out. It's part of football. Great DEFENSE is what Alabama is all about. Great defenses DO stuff like knocking out players cleanly. If it were acheap hit then yes perhaps you'd have a case but it wasn't. Alabama lost Ingram for awhile last night. In stepped Richardson who scored twice. What was Texas's backup plan ? Alabama deserves this championship without a doubt.

We agree on so many things Carl but I've got to visiously disagree here. McCoy was not injured in a car accident, a fall on campus or suspended before the game. He was knocked out DURING the game. That's what the SEC is all about, knocking people out. It's part of football. Great DEFENSE is what Alabama is all about. Great defenses DO stuff like knocking out players cleanly. If it were acheap hit then yes perhaps you'd have a case but it wasn't. Alabama lost Ingram for awhile last night. In stepped Richardson who scored twice. What was Texas's backup plan ? Alabama deserves this championship without a doubt.

agree , hit is part of game.

I think poster was saying 'if he didnt get knocked out, he thought Texas may have won'.

Greta defense aside, thats what he may have been asking you.

What the eff does that mean? So if Jets win SB because they knock Brees or Favre

that it is a tainted title?

Congrats Bama, you were better team, last I looked hitting is part of football

If and butts .....Unbelievable

What the eff does that mean? So if Jets win SB because they knock Brees or Favre

Thank you from BAMA Nation

I didn't discredit Bama at all. Go back to grade school and do some reading comprehension exercises

All I am saying is that the game would have been closer and I thought Texas was going to win if McCoy didn't get hurt. Injuries are a part of the game and therefore Alabama should not be discredited at all. They did what they had to do to win the game.

And Thai - It's much easier to replace a RB than a QB, especially in college and especially when that QB is a senior leader.