Moving back to NY after 12 years, am I crazy?

vinnys025

So after being in Texas and New Mexico and living great for the past several years (cost of living) I am realizing something, I'm not happy here. I have outweighed the positives vs the negatives and the only negative I can come up with is that its more expensive in NY. New York has my friends I grew up with, green grass, trees, culture, all four seasons, good food, great restaurants, beaches, the NYJETS, and just a different atmosphere. Texas and New Mexico have none of that, and I'm just not happy here anymore.

So in short, I'm moving back this summer, I have decided. I have realized that having a big house and living the easy life is boring and I'm too young for this. Not only that but I'm also realizing that money can't buy me happiness, so I'm coming back to my roots, where my friends are at. I know it will take a couple months to get used to the lifestyle and the people again, but its like riding a bike.

Am I crazy, or is this the right decision? Either way, I can always leave if it don't work out, but I"ll give it a year and see what happens. Life is about risks, right? I have a descent resume, 2 bachelors degrees and 12 years served honorably in the military, I should be good.

So after being in Texas and New Mexico and living great for the past several years (cost of living) I am realizing something, I'm not happy here. I have outweighed the positives vs the negatives and the only negative I can come up with is that its more expensive in NY. New York has my friends I grew up with, green grass, trees, culture, all four seasons, good food, great restaurants, beaches, the NYJETS, and just a different atmosphere. Texas and New Mexico have none of that, and I'm just not happy here anymore.

So in short, I'm moving back this summer, I have decided. I have realized that having a big house and living the easy life is boring and I'm too young for this. Not only that but I'm also realizing that money can't buy me happiness, so I'm coming back to my roots, where my friends are at. I know it will take a couple months to get used to the lifestyle and the people again, but its like riding a bike.

Am I crazy, or is this the right decision? Either way, I can always leave if it don't work out, but I"ll give it a year and see what happens. Life is about risks, right? I have a descent resume, 2 bachelors degrees and 12 years served honorably in the military, I should be good.

It is more expensive here. But there are many more jobs and the pay is better. It is relative. Plus when you go to an away game to see the Jets, everything will seem cheaper and you will feel like you are beating the system.

Welcome home!

There used to be parts of this country which were vastly better to live in than other parts. But third world immigration has dragged down all the places that used to be better. In today's america you are either rich or living in a place that sucks. So you might as well live in a place where you know people.

I'm not even trying to be funny with this, its the truth as I see it.

I have had many ops to move back to NY.Alawys decided against it. Everytime I go back after a day or so I am ready to leave again. Sure I would like to hang with the old gang have a few cold ones ect ect. But I have planted new roots where I am now. Way too expensive to live there now.

Good Luck in what you decide to do. There is no wrong answer here.

Yea, I'm not sure if I'm going to move to queens or Nassau County.....

If you are buying a house the real estate taxes in Queens are much more affordable than in Nassau County. Nassau keeps raising the taxes due to due gross mismanagement, incompetence and wasteful spending. You have the same in NYC, but the impact is less due to the greater tax base.

If you are buying a house the real estate taxes in Queens are much more affordable than in Nassau County. Nassau keeps raising the taxes due to due gross mismanagement, incompetence and wasteful spending. You have the same in NYC, but the impact is less due to the greater tax base.

Is their slogan, "We suck but only half as much" ?

Archived