you know what we have?

haggis

A puncher's chance. That's it. We're not expected to win, but we COULD.

Fewer mistakes than the opponent.

Little luck.

Punch harder.

Puncher's chance.

I've been with this team since '85. All the bad luck and crap over the years made me laugh at those crying over the Indy game the other week, especially Patriot fans. We were DUE some luck. That luck continued a little last Sunday, but the team play eclipsed that. Pats won their first due to Mo Lewis and the "tuck" rule. Blow me.

I think we are better than Cincy, but at this stage the roll of the dice is almost as strong as the quality of play execution. Jets need both, we know this.

Let's just hope we land a solid combination on the Bengal jaw tomorrow.

Little luck.

Punch harder.

Puncher's chance.

I've been with this team since '85. All the bad luck and crap over the years made me laugh at those crying over the Indy game the other week, especially Patriot fans. We were DUE some luck. That luck continued a little last Sunday, but the team play eclipsed that. Pats won their first due to Mo Lewis and the "tuck" rule. Blow me.

I think we are better than Cincy, but at this stage the roll of the dice is almost as strong as the quality of play execution. Jets need both, we know this.

couldn't agree more.

trips to the playoffs are so few and far between with this team eventually we need to get some breaks. for whatever reason i think this team is poised to make some noise in the playoffs.

Are you guys saying this just to psych yourselves up on the message boards? Your coach says you should be favored. You're predicted by 6 out of 8 SI analysts to beat us. You have the next Vick/Tebow/Messiah in Brad Smith on your team. Why do you feel the need to tell yourselves this type of stuff over and over? The Bengals haven't been talking all week. You remind me of the 05 Bengals team that talked a big talk before the game because we went into the Steelers place and beat them in the 2nd game of the season.

Tell your team to talk on the field. I'll be back here after the game, win or lose.

Are you guys saying this just to psych yourselves up on the message boards? Your coach says you should be favored. You're predicted by 6 out of 8 SI analysts to beat us. You have the next Vick/Tebow/Messiah in Brad Smith on your team. Why do you feel the need to tell yourselves this type of stuff over and over? The Bengals haven't been talking all week. You remind me of the 05 Bengals team that talked a big talk before the game because we went into the Steelers place and beat them in the 2nd game of the season.

Tell your team to talk on the field. I'll be back here after the game, win or lose.

Because this is a JETS message board, not sure if you noticed. Why dont you crawl back to whatever Bengal hole you crawled out of. What nerve you have to tell us how we're supposed to behave on our own board. You got some nads. Queer.

Because this is a JETS message board, not sure if you noticed. Why dont you crawl back to whatever Bengal hole you crawled out of. What nerve you have to tell us how we're supposed to behave on our own board. You got some nads. Queer.

Hes got NOTHING thats why hes here on a Friday night at 11:00.

Against the Colts I think they would have a punchers chant. I hope tomorrow they have better odds than that.

Feisty one, aren't ya? You have no smack talk forum here and I came to talk sensible football. I'm pretty sure anything I say will be percieved as "smack talk" anyways. Every other Jets message board has some sort of crappy registration rule. Apologies for not bowing down at the doormat. :baby:

Feisty one, aren't ya? You have no smack talk forum here and I came to talk sensible football. I'm pretty sure anything I say will be percieved as "smack talk" anyways. Every other Jets message board has some sort of crappy registration rule. Apologies for not bowing down at the doormat. :baby:

The doormat is soon gonna be you or your Bengals Chris Collingsworth jersey----:shutit:

Now beat it.

Sensible football? You came on here telling us how we're supposed to behave on our own board, then followed it up with some crock about how the Bengals have been quiet all week. What planet do you live on? The Bengals have been yukking it up as much as the JETS have been, from Cedric Benson saying he doesnt even know who Harris is or what his number is, to OchoCinco and the lot saying they played it like a "preseason game". Scram.

Sensible football? You came on here telling us how we're supposed to behave on our own board, then followed it up with some crock about how the Bengals have been quiet all week. What planet do you live on? The Bengals have been yukking it up as much as the JETS have been, from Cedric Benson saying he doesnt even know who Harris is or what his number is, to OchoCinco and the lot saying they played it like a "preseason game". Scram.

Benson is a weirdo. He's a loner. This isn't the first time this SEASON he's said that exact same thing about a defensive player that was supposed to "light him up". He doesn't care. He just goes and does his job. Its silly for your player to take that personal when its obvious when you watch the interview that Ced meant nothing by it. He doesn't read much into who the guys on the other side of the LOS are unless they're the Bears haha. He just runs hard. Chad talks more than anyone in the league. What do you expect from him?

Yukking it up? Our defense got ran on like they haven't gotten ran on..all year. Do you think all of a sudden you're some sort of offensive JUGGERNAUT? I understand you're the number 1 rushing team and all that, but we really do have a completely different D with Crocker and Peko in there. Crocker is the heart of our D and has a bit of a nasty streak. I forget the exact stat, but before Peko got hurt opposing teams running games have not been doing well AT ALL. And we've faced some damn good running teams this year, including the Ravens twice. Maualuga was starting at LB for us, but he was still a rookie. He was prone to mistakes, and was actually a liability in coverage. Tended to overpursue alot as well. Our back-up guy is not a big drop off at all. Just giving you guys a real outlook at our team.

I'm not telling you how to behave. I'm just wondering why you're acting as though you're the underdogs when you're predicted by most to win.

Little luck.

Punch harder.

Puncher's chance.

Nice post, Haggis. I think this it it. I really believe it.

Happy belated Birthday, :)

I'm not telling you how to behave. I'm just wondering why you're acting as though you're the underdogs when you're predicted by most to win.

We're not acting like were the underdogs, in fact...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

That's just a small sample, but right now it really is about 50-50. This might just be the most entertaining game of the whole weekend. You see, we're acting like how a team's fanbase should act while in the playoffs. Excited.

Where's your excitement?

We're not acting like were the underdogs, in fact...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

That's just a small sample, but right now it really is about 50-50. This might just be the most entertaining game of the whole weekend. You see, we're acting like how a team's fanbase should act while in the playoffs. Excited.

Where's your excitement?

I'm at a Jets message board. One of the better ones I've looked at. I'm not going to be "excited" on here. I will be drunk as hell at the game tomorrow, of course. Not unruly, of course. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost though. 20 years since a playoff victory kind of throws those sort of expectations at ya. I'm just proud of our guys for holding on with the type of rough season they've been having, ya know?

I didn't know the ESPN picks were like that though. My bad. All I saw today were the SI ones and Bill Simmon's picks at ESPN (which I enjoyed haha).

Little luck.

Punch harder.

Puncher's chance.

You didn't say a word about Mark Sanchez and Brian Schottenheimer. Almost every loss this season can be blamed on one of those two screwing up. Prolly the first Miami game is the only loss they can't be blamed for.

Archived